BORO AWAY THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Thierry 3-8-99

Re: BORO AWAY THREAD

Post by Thierry 3-8-99 »

robbo10 wrote:Wenger's a tactical genius,with this back 3 we'd be 8 points clear if he'd done this months ago.......

:wink: :roll: :lol:
and now the subs - genius

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

robbo10 wrote:Wenger's a tactical genius,with this back 3 we'd be 8 points clear if he'd done this months ago.......

Up next a 4-4-2 against City, he's on a roll now and super confident after this result :roll:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

This is now what our team next season will look like

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Thierry 3-8-99 wrote:

and now the subs - genius
Why are we not just playing keep-ball,going for the 3rd is lunacy,I can see a pen coming on here....

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Of where, the drop zone???

Babu

Post by Babu »

we are hanging on against boro, who are 19th...

Clash

Post by Clash »

Our fans singing Bellerin's name. Probably thinking its a nice touch ... pass me the puke bucket :roll:

Sean

Post by Sean »

Another flat track bully win for TOF :barscarf:

The Old Fraud must have been desperate to switch to a 3-4-3 formation. Perhaps it was another demand from the players for our usual once or twice a season that we deign to bother with tactics. No doubt there was zero work with the formation at Colney through the week.

Usual poor start from us. Lots of nothing play and hardly any shots on goal and Boro looking more dangerous than they should. Our mental weaklings looked scared out there. Watching us this past decade is like pulling teeth.

That goal from Sanchez (FUCKING PAY HIM!) was class! We don't often score free kicks, so that was special. I can't believe there are some Gooners out there who want Sanchez gone because he rightfully thinks his team-mates aren't fit to clean his boots. We shall miss him next season when we're in the Europa and struggling to score against an eight man defence.

After all that, we concede from a breakaway less than five minutes into the second half. Our hapless CBs being exposed once again. Then we almost concede another after some comical defending, then Boro fans sang for TOF to stay. Somehow we survived a goalmouth scramble on the hour.

We had Boro under some pressure for a while, although they were back in numbers anyway. Nice to see Sick Boy score a goal. I thought Ramsey had wasted the chance with his overly elaborate chest down of the ball, only for Ozil to surprise me by actually shooting. What's the point of those ultra-late substitutions, anyway?

Respect to one of our OG members who went up there tonight 8)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

7 points off fourth with a game in hand.....believe :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Players behaving like they've won the league.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Jesus that was painful. They were absolutely abysmal. Too thick to figure out that the way to get at us was whipping in crosses from deep to the back post.

That's where all their chances (including the goal) came from.

They could play for ten hours and not create a chance trying to play actual football. They are awful.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Stewart Downing made to look like Lionel Messi for at least 45 minutes of his life

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Martian Keown-Not 5 live-Not official 2nd half :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: Add any AKB

52 mins-Negredo equalizer Arsene would of warned them about that.....the fact the first game was 0-0 at the Emirates is testament to Arsene's European nous if this was a champions league semi final Arsenal would be heading through on away goals,you have to give Arsene credit for that.

70 mins-Ozil with a quality finish,great response from Arsenal,Arsene has to take a lot of credit for that the 4 away defeats on the trot a blip.It makes you think if Arsenal had 10 games in hand on the top 2 they would be seriously worried.

90 mins-Sanchez and Ozil off,you have to give credit to Arsene with those changes looking towards the future the most important signing will be his.There will be a lot of what if's in the camp tonight those same players that have come to a difficult away ground and won.Arsene has revolutionized the club the diet ask those guys in 1980 a 5-0 defeat.....I can tell you know many of them in their 50's now would not get into this Arsenal side....You have to give Arsene credit and time :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

:D

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Didn't watch a second but I hear the pampered pussies showed great speeerit :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Topside Northbank wrote:Martian Keown-Not 5 live-Not official 2nd half :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: Add any AKB

52 mins-Negredo equalizer Arsene would of warned them about that.....the fact the first game was 0-0 at the Emirates is testament to Arsene's European nous if this was a champions league semi final Arsenal would be heading through on away goals,you have to give Arsene credit for that.

70 mins-Ozil with a quality finish,great response from Arsenal,Arsene has to take a lot of credit for that the 4 away defeats on the trot a blip.It makes you think if Arsenal had 10 games in hand on the top 2 they would be seriously worried.

90 mins-Sanchez and Ozil off,you have to give credit to Arsene with those changes looking towards the future the most important signing will be his.There will be a lot of what if's in the camp tonight those same players that have come to a difficult away ground and won.Arsene has revolutionized the club the diet ask those guys in 1980 a 5-0 defeat.....I can tell you know many of them in their 50's now would not get into this Arsenal side....You have to give Arsene credit and time :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

:D
I'm.enjoying Martin's not official or live comments - can you make them a regular feature please :barscarf: