The "Stan Kroenke is a C**T" merged Superthread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
General

Re: Stan Kroenke: the worst thing ever to happen to AFC

Post by General »

Dein showed the board how to make money from Arsenal before the could even count their shares. His desire for control got the better of him ( is it any coincidence he's best mates with Wenger) but he always did his due diligence.

The boardroom battle played out badly for us and at the worst possible time allowing Wenger to embark on a vanity project unchecked. This is why we're here. To be honest had Dein not found Kroenke and Usmanov, god knows who these clowns would've sold their shares to eventually. Look at Parry and Hicks/Gillete and we could've easily ended up in a similar dire situation.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Denver Nuggets - 9th in the NBA West
Colorado Avalanche - bottom of the NHL Western Conf Central division
Colorado Rapids - bottom of the NLS West with 1 win from 7
Colorado Mammoth - 3rd from 4 in their conference, NLL
LA Rams - finished 3rd in NFC West, won 4 Lost 12

Still when he fires Wenger, or Wenger leaves, I'm sure he'll be bucking the trend, appointing Simeone and defying all of the form from his other franchises and leading us into a golden age. I mean.....the past 6 years have been massively glorious already

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Kroenke has destroyed Arsenal. Without a board who want success and not money as a club you are finished. That goes for whoever is manager. Just look at Wengers latest quote regarding being out of the running to sign Mbappe.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Never got over Brady fucking off to Juve, then the fucker joined West Ham when he returned, div!.... :lol:

General

Post by General »

supergeorgegraham wrote:Kroenke has destroyed Arsenal. Without a board who want success and not money as a club you are finished. That goes for whoever is manager. Just look at Wengers latest quote regarding being out of the running to sign Mbappe.
No one would argue SK is an ideal owner but I think saying he's destroyed Arsenal is nothing but a diversion from the real problems. The problems started long before he accrued any significant amount of shares in the club. His main crime, as has been repeated ad finitum on this forum, is his insistence on retaining Wenger.

Wenger can sign whoever he wants, we still won't win anything major. When he eventually leaves this club SK would be the least of our problems because it is going to take at least 2-3 seasons to stop the rot and rid this club of the long standing culture of failure that Wenger has infested the place with. We are going to need a significant overhaul our fitness regime, sports science, coaching, psychology, wage structure, player recruitment policy, scouting etc. This squad is easily the most imbalanced and expensive squad Wenger has ever put together and it is going to need major surgery. Life post Wenger will be painful and extensive salvage operation but no doubt SK's critics would latch on it and blame him for the lack of an immediate upturn in fortune. You hope that a top manager would help shorten the pain and re-establish this club as a major force again.

We are 17points behind a team that operates on a fraction of our budget yet people still think money is the issue. Says it all really.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

General wrote:
supergeorgegraham wrote:Kroenke has destroyed Arsenal. Without a board who want success and not money as a club you are finished. That goes for whoever is manager. Just look at Wengers latest quote regarding being out of the running to sign Mbappe.
No one would argue SK is an ideal owner but I think saying he's destroyed Arsenal is nothing but a diversion from the real problems. The problems started long before he accrued any significant amount of shares in the club. His main crime, as has been repeated ad finitum on this forum, is his insistence on retaining Wenger.

Wenger can sign whoever he wants, we still won't win anything major. When he eventually leaves this club SK would be the least of our problems because it is going to take at least 2-3 seasons to stop the rot and rid this club of the long standing culture of failure that Wenger has infested the place with. We are going to need a significant overhaul our fitness regime, sports science, coaching, psychology, wage structure, player recruitment policy, scouting etc. This squad is easily the most imbalanced and expensive squad Wenger has ever put together and it is going to need major surgery. Life post Wenger will be painful and extensive salvage operation but no doubt SK's critics would latch on it and blame him for the lack of an immediate upturn in fortune. You hope that a top manager would help shorten the pain and re-establish this club as a major force again.

We are 17points behind a team that operates on a fraction of our budget yet people still think money is the issue. Says it all really.
Lets see what Kroenke does then when Wenger finally goes one way or the other. Surely if he allows him to appoint his own successor and 'move upstairs' you'd have to concede what an utter c.unt that would make him.....and that I'm afraid is what I think will happen. Given his own, and Gazidis's lack of any meaningful contacts in football they are wedded to every single thing that Shit for Brains says and does. I'd be prepared to give a new manager a good couple of years. However, I'm not prepared to give Wiggy the same blank sheet his had for the past 6 years where as long as the property and commercial profit rolls in, he couldn't give a flying fuck about how fans are treated

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Thing is we generate a lot of money. Wenger has wasted so much of it on big wages given to shit players. We have seen this season how shit they are. Increase in TV money has eased the blow of losing the Champions League cash.
I'm not sure if we have now peaked as a business. I don't think Sky will pay that much next time. I don't think BT can afford much more because of their Champions League deal.
I can't see us finishing top 4 in the next few years and I think attendances will fall due to us being shit.
If Kroenke was going to sell now would be a good time because our share value might drop. We all know he never sells his sports teams so it's only wishful thinking.

General

Post by General »

SteveO 35 wrote:
General wrote:

Lets see what Kroenke does then when Wenger finally goes one way or the other. Surely if he allows him to appoint his own successor and 'move upstairs' you'd have to concede what an utter c.unt that would make him.....and that I'm afraid is what I think will happen. Given his own, and Gazidis's lack of any meaningful contacts in football they are wedded to every single thing that Shit for Brains says and does. I'd be prepared to give a new manager a good couple of years. However, I'm not prepared to give Wiggy the same blank sheet his had for the past 6 years where as long as the property and commercial profit rolls in, he couldn't give a flying fuck about how fans are treated
There will be no hiding place for Kroenke or Gazidis once the fraud is gone and the picture should become clearer. I'm not going to get into a speculation on what a future Arsenal might look like. I know clearing up Wenger's footballing mess is not going to be a 5minute job.

United are on their 3rd manager in 4years and still haven't managed to re-build the ageing but successful squad Fergie left behind despite spending hundreds of millions. The only reason their fans are not targeting the Glazers anymore is because they've made significant funds available and this is the financial picture that's starting to emerge at our club even if some fans are still oblivious to this.

We are not going to escape this malaise even if we magically appoint Allegri and go on a spending spree. I'm not surprised Gazidis has mooted out changes in anticipation of the structural changes we will need to make in life post Wenger.

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

SteveO 35 wrote:Denver Nuggets - 9th in the NBA West
Colorado Avalanche - bottom of the NHL Western Conf Central division
Colorado Rapids - bottom of the NLS West with 1 win from 7
Colorado Mammoth - 3rd from 4 in their conference, NLL
LA Rams - finished 3rd in NFC West, won 4 Lost 12

Still when he fires Wenger, or Wenger leaves, I'm sure he'll be bucking the trend, appointing Simeone and defying all of the form from his other franchises and leading us into a golden age. I mean.....the past 6 years have been massively glorious already
That he doesn't care how the teams he own's do in sports he understands in the country he lives in I guess he wouldn't really care if we came 5th or 15th.

The concept of relegation baffles American sports fans let alone owners it would probably be the only time he would become interested in how we are actually doing.

He has no history of selling the teams he owns and I guess would only sell us if someone offers silly money share price wise and he can make a massive profit,talking hundreds of millions.He is sitting on a cash cow and he knows it,that's why he bought us.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Will Stan be taking his seat with the VIP's at this seasons FA Cup Final?.....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

For all the hero worship Dein gets on here it should be remembered that he was one of the prime movers behind the gentrification of football. So when you are having a moan about that hipster cúnt that arrives late, plays with his iPad, and leaves early, you can thank David Dein for that. :|

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

DB10GOONER wrote:For all the hero worship Dein gets on here it should be remembered that he was one of the prime movers behind the gentrification of football. So when you are having a moan about that hipster cúnt that arrives late, plays with his iPad, and leaves early, you can thank David Dein for that. :|
You are missing out!.... :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Has our blameless owner fired Wenger yet and appointed Simoene/Allegri ?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:Has our blameless owner fired Wenger yet and appointed Simoene/Allegri ?
:lol:

No, but he has made some of the club's money available to Wenger for transfers, not his personal money, the club's money, so he is utterly blameless. Okay, he hasn't done his job as owner and sacked the under-performing, failing manager but apart from that he is blameless, mate. Blameless. :roll: :wink: