The "Stan Kroenke is a C**T" merged Superthread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Stan Kroenke: the worst thing ever to happen to AFC

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:Has our blameless owner fired Wenger yet and appointed Simoene/Allegri ?
:lol:

No, but he has made some of the club's money available to Wenger for transfers, not his personal money, the club's money, so he is utterly blameless. Okay, he hasn't done his job as owner and sacked the under-performing, failing manager but apart from that he is blameless, mate. Blameless. :roll: :wink:
:D

Yep that's true - he's made a tiny portion of the available cash flow over the last 6 years available in one year. Of course we'll airbrush from history the first half of his ownership which saw us sell some of our best players, make considerable profits from property, pay dividends to Josh Kroenke for fuck all, renegotiate all the commercial deals that were going to see us sign any of the world's top players (barring Messi and Ronaldo), ignore organisations like Black Scarf trying to help the average fan with lower ticket prices and payment plans, and continue to block the second largest shareholder from a seat on the board

That £100m that was made available last Summer forgives him all that doesn't it (well at least in some people's eyes). Must have been Wenger responsible for all of the above :D :wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Have you ever thought about how Stan looks at his Arsenal investment ?
He bought in at 10/11,000 per share .
They are now worth about 17,000 a share ,that's a good return on investment and the club generates it's own money which it stockpiles.
The club make the playoffs most years and finish strong ,why change ??
He don't pay no dividends to himself or other shareholders, so the fat Russian's money is dead ,one day he will sell out to him on the cheap .
Stans a long term man and probably looks at Arsenal the same way as buying an NFL franchise ,a good brand juts goes on increasing in Value as the TV rights go up and up .
Jerry Jones Bought the Dallas Cowboys for $140 million in 1989 . Its now worth over $4 Billion !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:Have you ever thought about how Stan looks at his Arsenal investment ?
They are now worth about 17,000 a share ,that's a good return on investment and the club generates it's own money which it stockpiles.
He don't pay no dividends to himself or other shareholders, so the fat Russian's money is dead ,one day he will sell out to him on the cheap .
Stans a long term man and probably looks at Arsenal the same way as buying an NFL franchise ,a good brand juts goes on increasing in Value as the TV rights go up and up .
Jerry Jones Bought the Dallas Cowboys for $140 million in 1989 . Its now worth over $4 Billion !
And that exactly is the problem. Kroenke is not a football man that will do anything it takes to see his team be successful. So my thinking is even if we do finally get rid of Wenger, what is to stop the next manager just falling into the same minimum delivery mode? Certainly not the owner. This is why people that think just getting rid of Wenger but not Kroenke as well will magically solve all our problems are idiots. :|

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

IS Kronke the problem? Dont get me wrong i dont think he is enhanced Arsenal in any way but he isnt a football man and bought as an investment, he doesnt care about trophies just his $$$$$ but surely we should have people in place that DO care about the football side of things....

Gazidis and more importantly WENGER are the cancer at this club. They should be the ones saying 4th isnt good enough, they are the football people and should be kicking up a storm about winning the league. Its Wenger not Kronke that the root cause of our problems

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:IS Kronke the problem? Dont get me wrong i dont think he is enhanced Arsenal in any way but he isnt a football man and bought as an investment, he doesnt care about trophies just his $$$$$ but surely we should have people in place that DO care about the football side of things....

Gazidis and more importantly WENGER are the cancer at this club. They should be the ones saying 4th isnt good enough, they are the football people and should be kicking up a storm about winning the league. Its Wenger not Kronke that the root cause of our problems
No one is saying Kroenke is the only problem or excusing Wenger, mate. But if Wenger is the root problem, why has he not been sacked? Ask yourself, who is Wenger's employer? Who is his boss? Kroenke. He has the power to hire and fire. He sees nothing wrong in Wenger's mismanagement of the football side of the club.

Put it this way; as a football man, if you bought Arsenal FC tomorrow what is the first thing you would do for the health of the football club? And why would you do it?

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Herd wrote:Have you ever thought about how Stan looks at his Arsenal investment ?
And that exactly is the problem. Kroenke is not a football man that will do anything it takes to see his team be successful. So my thinking is even if we do finally get rid of Wenger, what is to stop the next manager just falling into the same minimum delivery mode? Certainly not the owner. This is why people that think just getting rid of Wenger but not Kroenke as well will magically solve all our problems are idiots. :|
Correct fellas,but first of all we need a new manager,will it solve everything,no it won't.

A new younger,fresher ambitious manager will notice one thing straight away he will have a massive wage bill to work with and good transfer budgets.

I have argued for a long time Wenger buys player loyalty by vastly overpaying the squad members for example guys like Carl Jenkinson who when offered a move to Palace with first team football turned it down.In his own words he still 'has three years left on a very good contract'.

Overpaying Cech,Walcott,Ramsey,Giroud etc these guys are on six figure weekly deals utter madness.Contract extensions Coquelin not good enough and Mertersacker who has not kicked a ball all season.Leave this man in charge and Jack Wilshere will be getting a new four year offer,again with a massive pay rise.Let alone 'box to box' midfielder Xhaxa for 30-35m and Mustafi 35m :roll:

All wasted funds,all players in that squad know they are well looked after financially,but of course for the better quality players like Sanchez it's rightly not enough little wonder we have lost so much quality over the years.

SK will never invest his own money in the team,never has done anywhere else and certainly won't do here.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Topside Northbank wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Correct fellas,but first of all we need a new manager,will it solve everything,no it won't.

A new younger,fresher ambitious manager will notice one thing straight away he will have a massive wage bill to work with and good transfer budgets.

I have argued for a long time Wenger buys player loyalty by vastly overpaying the squad members for example guys like Carl Jenkinson who when offered a move to Palace with first team football turned it down.In his own words he still 'has three years left on a very good contract'.

Overpaying Cech,Walcott,Ramsey,Giroud etc these guys are on six figure weekly deals utter madness.Contract extensions Coquelin not good enough and Mertersacker who has not kicked a ball all season.Leave this man in charge and Jack Wilshere will be getting a new four year offer,again with a massive pay rise.Let alone 'box to box' midfielder Xhaxa for 30-35m and Mustafi 35m :roll:

All wasted funds,all players in that squad know they are well looked after financially,but of course for the better quality players like Sanchez it's rightly not enough little wonder we have lost so much quality over the years.

SK will never invest his own money in the team,never has done anywhere else and certainly won't do here.
All true. And I agree the immediate issue has to be getting Wenger out. A new manager may well achieve great things working under the same owner and conditions as Wenger. But the qualifying condition is the quality and motivation of the new manager. He may be a self starter, a highly motivated individual with a pragmatic vision of the game. But if we get another idiot that puts his personal vision of the beautiful game ahead of pragmatic success, but still manages (like Wenger) to turn a buck, what then? Will Kroenke sack him? No he will not.

So for me Wenger has to go (that's a given surely) but so too does Kroenke.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:IS Kronke the problem? Dont get me wrong i dont think he is enhanced Arsenal in any way but he isnt a football man and bought as an investment, he doesnt care about trophies just his $$$$$ but surely we should have people in place that DO care about the football side of things....

No one is saying Kroenke is the only problem or excusing Wenger, mate. But if Wenger is the root problem, why has he not been sacked? Ask yourself, who is Wenger's employer? Who is his boss? Kroenke. He has the power to hire and fire. He sees nothing wrong in Wenger's mismanagement of the football side of the club.

Put it this way; as a football man, if you bought Arsenal FC tomorrow what is the first thing you would do for the health of the football club? And why would you do it?
Im a football man the first thing i would do is sack Wenger use all of the profits and buy a manager and team worthy of the name Arsenal. Kronke is NOT a football man and so as long as the profits rise he doesnt care what happens on the pitch, if they fall he will sack people im sure but while his first love is money he will (at this point in time) be happy.

Wenger is our 'football' man at the club :roll: he is the one who should be banging some heads together to get a team that is good enough to challenge, he isn't, he is too clever for his own good thinking he is a financial whizz too :banghead: and while the profits roll in Kronke is happy..... Im no Kronke fan but until we get a proper football man at the club or the $$$$ dry up we will never succeed

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Im a football man the first thing i would do is sack Wenger use all of the profits and buy a manager and team worthy of the name Arsenal. Kronke is NOT a football man and so as long as the profits rise he doesnt care what happens on the pitch, if they fall he will sack people im sure but while his first love is money he will (at this point in time) be happy.

Wenger is our 'football' man at the club :roll: he is the one who should be banging some heads together to get a team that is good enough to challenge, he isn't, he is too clever for his own good thinking he is a financial whizz too :banghead: and while the profits roll in Kronke is happy..... Im no Kronke fan but until we get a proper football man at the club or the $$$$ dry up we will never succeed
But you don't agree that Kroenke is responsible for allowing Wenger to continue unabated? Really? He owns the club! He's Wenger's boss ffs! :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

If Wenger is not doing his job properly surely he should be sacked? Surely that's the owner's job to do the sacking?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

But you don't agree that Kroenke is responsible for allowing Wenger to continue unabated? Really? He owns the club! He's Wenger's boss ffs! :shock:
And that is exactly the point - you can want a younger, fresher, better manager all you bloody well like, but only 1 man can actually make that happen and he refuses to......so by default Kroenke is the main problem because Shit For Brains will be allowed to continue unchallenged by him

I get Herd's points exactly - but I'm a fan of the club and not the Finance Director, so while I understand his investment philosophy completely it doesn't mean I have to enjoy it !

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Right you're the owner of a car manufacturer/sales garage, you couldn't care less about cars and rarely even go there, its one of many business' you own and they all do pretty well but your manager of the car place makes you loads of cash from all aspects of the business and the cash keep rolling in. The cars are not as good quality as they once were but you get new houses, boats, holidays anything you want as the suckers keep buying the cars and half of them or more don't seem too worried that the standard of the cars have gone down.......

Would YOU sack him?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Right you're the owner of a car manufacturer/sales garage, you couldn't care less about cars and rarely even go there, its one of many business' you own and they all do pretty well but your manager of the car place makes you loads of cash from all aspects of the business and the cash keep rolling in. The cars are not as good quality as they once were but you get new houses, boats, holidays anything you want as the suckers keep buying the cars and half of them or more don't seem too worried that the standard of the cars have gone down.......

Would YOU sack him?
Actually in a normal plc environment with a free float of shareholders, they would be agitating that the business has been under invested in and would demand that if the money wasn't spent on its core business i.e. football, and was sat gathering 0.25% interest in the bank, that the money be returned to shareholders and there would be overwhelming pressure to sack the management team responsible. So.....err yes

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Would YOU sack him?
Actually in a normal plc environment with a free float of shareholders, they would be agitating that the business has been under invested in and would demand that if the money wasn't spent on its core business i.e. football, and was sat gathering 0.25% interest in the bank, that the money be returned to shareholders and there would be overwhelming pressure to sack the management team responsible. So.....err yes
Didn't we make £100 million in a single season last season? The first football club to ever reach that level in a season...... Going back to the car analogy that manufacturer owner would not be sacking the manager that had just broken records and made that for him

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Would YOU sack him?
Huh? Flash, have you been at Hlebby's stash? What the flying lesbian fuck has it got to do with cars?!! :lol: :wink:

Mate, you are basically repeating my point that Kroenke is not a football man but a business man - we all know that. But for me that is the problem. He enables Wenger to continue to fail because it suits his business agenda and that is terrible for a football club and its fans, if those fans want to see trophies being won.

For me, you simply cannot compare football with any other industry. Historically, clubs were often kept afloat by a rich chairman and/or rich board members that were football people, that wanted on field success more than anything else - and this often enough was a terrible way to run a club because when the personal money ran out the club was fucked because it had no sustainable business model to generate the needed income. No car dealership was ever run that way, but most football clubs were up until recently and a good few still are.

Kroenke is the other extreme - he does not invest a penny for the benefit of the club, team or fans. He does not give a shit about on field success or trophies. He only cares about growing his investment.

For us the fans, Kroenke is the worst type of owner because he will not sack the supposed football man, the manager, that has failed to deliver on field success or trophies for over a decade.