The "Stan Kroenke is a C**T" merged Superthread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wilko49er

Re: Stan Kroenke: the worst thing ever to happen to AFC

Post by wilko49er »

sk-gtfo wrote:I bet those who have already renewed their ST are now feeling really optimistic about next season... :twisted:

Seriously if someone gave me a ST for free I would still not go at this point, throw in free travel and I might just be persuaded, even then it would take consideration!.

I just hope if things do go as t*ts up as they are likely to next season and the protests and discontent within the ground reach a new level then maybe something might give, who am I kidding?, we're a dead duck club, we are the new Aston Villa (when they were 'good' in the late 90's/early 00's), i.e. if they finished 4th it was a really good season, get used to this as this is the very best you can expect from one of Kroenke's sports franchises, if you want to pay up to watch that, well.. more fool you.

Wake me up when we have a new owner and new manager, though by that point the club will probably be so far down the pecking order we'll never get near the top again.

:censored:

Im waiting till the 10th June to renew mine :barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

SteveO 35 wrote:Be absolutely clear here - as I said above, only one man made this decision. You've made your bed......enjoy laying in it !
I know what you're saying mate but I disagree that it is just one man. Two men have made two separate decisions.:

Decision 1) Kroenke chose to offer Wenger a 2 year contract

Decision 2) Wenger chose to sign it.

Both men are wrong for doing what they've chosen to do. Both a complete c unts! Admittedly without decision 1 then decision 2 can't happen .... and that's where you're absolutely right :wink: :) ! But it still doesnt excuse decision 2.

This '''would you turn down £9m a year if you were offered it'' thing I often here ..... yeah I would actually. If I was in Wenger's position I wouldnt accept it.

Wenger is a multi-millionaire and has no need for that sort of money at 67. Even he must know deep down that he is holding the club back and that it is time to let someone else have a go etc.

If I was in that position I would thank everyone and leave because it is the right and decent thing to do. Wenger should recognise that the fans have given him a lot of support and patience and that we deserve a change. He should put us and the club first. The fact that he has signed when he wasnt forced to sign shows the sort of selfish :censored: he is. It just so happens that Kroenke is also a :censored:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Too many words on this forum my head hurts :lol:

Basically you can sum up Arsene PLC as follows:

:censored: :censored: :censored:
:blah: :blah: :blah:
:cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

:mrgreen:

NickF

Post by NickF »

Don't wish to detract from this thread, but does anyone think on the balance of things Wenger was probably the worst thing to happen to AFC?

I've been fairly indifferent to Wenger for a long time, never listen to his press conference or read what he has to say, but now I actually do hate the guy.

Clash

Post by Clash »

NickF wrote:Don't wish to detract from this thread, but does anyone think on the balance of things Wenger was probably the worst thing to happen to AFC?

I've been fairly indifferent to Wenger for a long time, never listen to his press conference or read what he has to say, but now I actually do hate the guy.
Yep! Been thinking that for a few years now. Its not something I claim to be a fact because its up to everyone to decide for themselves how they feel.

But in my opinion and from my point of view, Wenger is the worst thing that ever happened to us. I used to be able to separate the early Wenger years from the latter ones but I cant do that anymore. The Invincibles created a monster that consumed the club. I would wipe Wenger's time with us out completely if I could change history and have someone like Cruyff or Bobby Robson take over from Rioch instead.

General

Post by General »

I've read quite a bit about his Monaco days and how he was eventually sacked and you can see similarities with our current situation. He was always the loyal guy who took the moral high ground and had they not sacked him he'd probably still be there.

The moment Dein was ousted from the board, we were in trouble. In 10years, we've played ourselves into the perfect storm. Fiszman's untimely death, the sale to Kroenke, Bracewell-Smith's decision to tip the balance in Kroenke's favour, Usmanov getting marginalised and then you have Wenger who frankly is the worst possible type of manager we could have presiding over this gridlock.

Clash

Post by Clash »

General wrote:I've read quite a bit about his Monaco days and how he was eventually sacked and you can see similarities with our current situation. He was always the loyal guy who took the moral high ground and had they not sacked him he'd probably still be there.

The moment Dein was ousted from the board, we were in trouble. In 10years, we've played ourselves into the perfect storm. Fiszman's untimely death, the sale to Kroenke, Bracewell-Smith's decision to tip the balance in Kroenke's favour, Usmanov getting marginalised and then you have Wenger who frankly is the worst possible type of manager we could have presiding over this gridlock.
Exactly mate.

Wenger himself is a freak .... but there was also a freak set of circumstances and timings that allowed everything to fall in place for him.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Clash wrote:
General wrote:I've read quite a bit about his Monaco days and how he was eventually sacked and you can see similarities with our current situation. He was always the loyal guy who took the moral high ground and had they not sacked him he'd probably still be there.

Exactly mate.

Wenger himself is a freak .... but there was also a freak set of circumstances and timings that allowed everything to fall in place for him.
The board thought Kronke was a safe option, reality is they sold the club down the river.....

NickF

Post by NickF »

SteveO 35 wrote:Be absolutely clear here - as I said above, only one man made this decision. You've made your bed......enjoy laying in it !
Who is that directed to, none of us wanted Kroenke, it is not of our doing.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:44 am
Who is that directed to, none of us wanted Kroenke, it is not of our doing.
I think it was PHW who was the real villan more so than Dein, I can't find the link but apparently he had a history with his mining company, of doing 'deals' in Uzbek, I think he had some sort of dispute in the past with Usmanov, which is why he helped persuade the others to sell their shares to Kroenke.

A shower of c**ts!.

Tollgoon

Post by Tollgoon »

Peter Hill Wood 2007

David Dein, who bought into Arsenal in 1983 for less than £300,000, left for the final time on Wednesday evening, after a few weeks in which Kroenke has steadily built up his stake in the club to 11.24%, having purchased 9.9% from ITV and continued to accumulate. "When ITV sold their shares they called me half an hour before the announcement to tell me," Hill-Wood added. "That's not right. I asked David Dein if he knew Kroenke and after hesitating he simply said 'Yes'. We suspected that he knew Kroenke far more than he was letting on and we came to the conclusion eventually that he knew him a lot more.

"Call me old-fashioned but we don't need Kroenke's money and we don't want his sort. Our objective is to keep Arsenal English, albeit with a lot of foreign players. I don't know for certain if Kroenke will mount a hostile takeover for our club but we shall resist it with all our might.

Tollgoon

Post by Tollgoon »

And there's more, oh the irony

"We are all being seduced that the Americans will ride into town with pots of cash for new players. It simply isn't the case. They only see an opportunity to make money. They know absolutely nothing about our football and we don't want these types involved."

Tollgoon

Post by Tollgoon »

It doesn’t make any sense. What’s the difference from having a chairman in a murky business and an owner like Usmanov, which in this case was a rival to Aricom, in a murky business? It’s seems odd that he is willing to do business in a murky gold market with a Russian who has an unclear past but hasn’t allowed Alisher Usmanov to get into the board and help Arsenal with his contacts and knowledge as he isn’t an open book. Hypocrisy, and you can’t stop and wonder how this decision has affected Arsenal. As we understand Usmanov’s business isn’t the real problem. The problem is he isn’t Hill-Woods friend. As Hill-Wood fired David Dein and had rows with two other members it was better for him that Usmanov wasn’t involved in the board, but his job as a chairman is to make decisions on what’s best for Arsenal and not him personally. The lockdown agreement helped Kroenke but did it help Arsenal? How much did the chairman interfere in the takeover to secure his post as chairman? Now it’s too late as Kroenke has the majority and has selected the board, but can we really trust that Hill-Wood and the board makes decisions what’s best for the team? The season 2009/2010 we made a profit of £61 million after tax which we haven’t invested back in the team. If we had, we would probably have a better squad right now. Now it seems we will make another big profit and to use it the right way, we should invest the money in quality players before May 31. The players might be more expensive in May but what’s the point of paying tax on the profit and then use the rest later? The board lack members who understand football and how the club will get success on the pitch. In which criteria, besides being friend of the chairman, have the members being appointed? As usual there are a lot of questions concerning the Arsenal board.

Read more: http://www.allarsenal.com/2012/02/guest ... z4isJqzKSh

General

Post by General »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:49 am
Clash wrote:

Exactly mate.

The board thought Kronke was a safe option, reality is they sold the club down the river.....
They clearly didn't dig below the surface as far as Kroenke is concerned. Faced with the prospect of selling to two businessmen, one with a record of owning sporting clubs and another with an alleged dodgy past which the press were keen to publicise, they chose the conservative option. It was alleged at the time that Usmanov even offered more money for Bracewell-Smith's shares but she declined. She landed the fatal blow. Only Dein could've prevented this fiasco but sadly his attempt to wrestle back control from Fiszman and subsequent departure triggered a chain of events which ultimately led to the club perfectly falling in Kroenke's lap.

Tollgoon

Post by Tollgoon »

Just found this spoof, funny and yet so so true

https://angryofislington.com/2012/01/05 ... you-think/