The "Stan Kroenke is a C**T" merged Superthread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Stan Kroenke: the worst thing ever to happen to AFC

Post by DB10GOONER »

General wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
General wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
But do you not think that if an employee cannot do their job (Wenger the football man not banging heads together for the sake of the football side etc) then the onus is on the owner to replace them?

My key point is of course Kroenke is happy, so is just replacing Wenger enough? What is to stop the next manager just doing what Wenger has done to date? Where does that leave us the fans? No better off... that's why I want Wenger gone but also want Kroenke gone ASAP too. We need football people owning and running our football club.
we're going round in circles mate. You say football is not like any other business but to Kroenke it is just a business, he doesnt care if its cars, coal or football and as far as Kroenke is concerned the employee is doing a great job so why replace them?

I agree we have the nightmare scenario where Wenger is repalced by a Wenger clone and it all continues, the only difference will be he wont have the 'credit' stacked up from the Invincibles etc so will be easier to get rid and would have more fan protests etc
Kroenke won't find another 'Wenger' when the fraud is gone and it's a point some people are deliberately missing.

The board's remit is simple - support the new manager, make funds available and of course fire his arse when he doesn't deliver within a stipulated period. They are failing at only one at the moment.
Do you deliberately not read what people post before jumping in? :rubchin: :roll:

No one said Kroenke will find another "Wenger". The issue is what is to stop the next manager starting with good intentions and then realising the owner only requires the bare minimum delivery and not footballing success in the form of trophies, leading to the new manager slipping into the same low delivery mode we have with Wenger? What is the fail safe? Obviously not the board or the owner!

You say "The board's remit is simple - support the new manager, make funds available and of course fire his arse when he doesn't deliver within a stipulated period. They are failing at only one at the moment" the problem is it's the biggest one! :|

??
I’m not sure why you’re having a pop at me. I understood the point and wasn’t having a dig. :D
Fair enough, mate. My apologies - was a throwaway comment, didn't mean that to come across as cunty as it did. :wink:

General

Post by General »

DB10GOONER wrote:
General wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
General wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
we're going round in circles mate. You say football is not like any other business but to Kroenke it is just a business, he doesnt care if its cars, coal or football and as far as Kroenke is concerned the employee is doing a great job so why replace them?

I agree we have the nightmare scenario where Wenger is repalced by a Wenger clone and it all continues, the only difference will be he wont have the 'credit' stacked up from the Invincibles etc so will be easier to get rid and would have more fan protests etc
Kroenke won't find another 'Wenger' when the fraud is gone and it's a point some people are deliberately missing.

The board's remit is simple - support the new manager, make funds available and of course fire his arse when he doesn't deliver within a stipulated period. They are failing at only one at the moment.
Do you deliberately not read what people post before jumping in? :rubchin: :roll:

No one said Kroenke will find another "Wenger". The issue is what is to stop the next manager starting with good intentions and then realising the owner only requires the bare minimum delivery and not footballing success in the form of trophies, leading to the new manager slipping into the same low delivery mode we have with Wenger? What is the fail safe? Obviously not the board or the owner!

You say "The board's remit is simple - support the new manager, make funds available and of course fire his arse when he doesn't deliver within a stipulated period. They are failing at only one at the moment" the problem is it's the biggest one! :|

??
I’m not sure why you’re having a pop at me. I understood the point and wasn’t having a dig. :D
Fair enough, mate. My apologies - was a throwaway comment, didn't mean that to come across as cunty as it did. :wink:
That’s ok mate, I didn’t really take offence.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Read it and weep - of course Kroenke isn't a problem though

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40088644

"Manager Arsene Wenger held a meeting with Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke on Monday, at which the Frenchman's future was expected to be decided.

The outcome is unclear but the decision rests solely with Wenger and Kroenke and will be relayed to directors at a Tuesday board meeting"

Or, as we've known all along......it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks

"Arsenal are planning to make a statement and release an interview with Wenger on Wednesday, when further internal changes are expected to be outlined.

Those will not be drastic nor impinge on the manager's control over the technical side of the club.

There is no prospect of a director of football being appointed
, though a lower-profile role to enhance Arsenal's work in areas such as scouting and contracts is under consideration."

So be 100% clear here - if there is no structural change of note, then that decision has been taken by Kroenke who obviously believes that no change is needed

"Although Kroenke has never wavered in his desire for Wenger to remain in charge, certain board members feel the time has come for the Frenchman to leave.

However, all power lies with the American, so Wenger's main concern is external opposition and the conditions that might create for his players next season."

So Kroenke is prepared to ignore the opinions of the directors he appoints i.e. they are toothless roles, and he will act upon his own interest solely

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

SteveO the article also says that Kroenke is committed to furnishing Wenger with the funds to win the PL :roll:

The reality is - and this is no defence of Kroenke - that none of the journos actually know what is happening and as with transfer season they are all guessing and presenting it as a 'scoop'. Not least because Wenger has been leading them all a merry dance since the day he said his future would be decided in March or April, and then with his comments after the West Brom game that his future had been decided and everybody would know "very soon".

One of my mates is a journo and he told me that within five minutes on Saturday morning they had two sources who are "both normally very good on Arsenal" telling them completely different things - one that Wenger would resign straight after the final whatever, and one that a new deal would be announced on Monday. Both wrong of course. Plenty of times we've heard that "sources close to Wenger" or "people with personal connections" announce that he has told them in confidence that he is definitely leaving or definitely staying.

There are probably plenty of truths in that article - that Wenger won't work under a director of football being an obvious one - but they aren't garnered because whoever wrote that piece has an inside line to Kroenke or Wenger.

If I had to guess I would suggest that the deal has been on the table throughout but Wenger has been playing hardball by giving an ultimatum about not working with a director of football (which the board think they can sell as a revamp whilst keeping TO1AW) and has been waiting to see whether they blink first. But that would be the same as everybody else - a guess.

augie

Post by augie »

Well said NB123 8)

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

There is obviously more that meets the eye here, his contract ends tomorrow at midnight, playing hardball is far from the truth when you have 1 day left on your contract...
I am sure Wengerwill now be offered a renewed contract with responsibility to the first team alone..
The ball is in his court so to speak and I cannot see Kroenke backing down on this one...

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

all smoke and mirrors

the brutal reality is that Wenger effectively has a rolling contract at Arsenal - Kroenke just needs reassurances from Wenger every now and then that he would like to continue (hence the meeting yesterday)

actually the most informative thing Wenger has said this season is that he stated that he would like to manage for a further 4 years - so he probably will.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

I wont say I told you so.. actually yes I told you so. All we need now is Usmanov to sell his shares to Stan and then we are dead, at the moment we are in a coma on life support.

:evil:

Justinsaid

Post by Justinsaid »

I wish he would just cash out for a huge profit and allow Usmanov to start running the club in a way that will allow us to really compete with the top clubs in England and Europe again.

But he wont, im not sure whether its an ego thing or he just hates Usmanov so much he just refuses to sell to him. Whatever the reasons, it just wont happen.

Stan has run this club like a business, hiding behind stadium repayment and the FFP tosh as a reason. All that has gone now and it is clear to all he is not interested in investing what is needed to be a big power in modern football and refuses to change any fundamentals of how the club is run. It genuinely is a sorry situation.

augie

Post by augie »

sk-gtfo wrote:I wont say I told you so.. actually yes I told you so. All we need now is Usmanov to sell his shares to Stan and then we are dead, at the moment we are in a coma on life support.

:evil:

Tbh, if the old French c.unt signs a new deal, then usmanov can sell his shares to Daniel levy for all I care :cry: :cry:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

I bet those who have already renewed their ST are now feeling really optimistic about next season... :twisted:

Seriously if someone gave me a ST for free I would still not go at this point, throw in free travel and I might just be persuaded, even then it would take consideration!.

I just hope if things do go as t*ts up as they are likely to next season and the protests and discontent within the ground reach a new level then maybe something might give, who am I kidding?, we're a dead duck club, we are the new Aston Villa (when they were 'good' in the late 90's/early 00's), i.e. if they finished 4th it was a really good season, get used to this as this is the very best you can expect from one of Kroenke's sports franchises, if you want to pay up to watch that, well.. more fool you.

Wake me up when we have a new owner and new manager, though by that point the club will probably be so far down the pecking order we'll never get near the top again.

:censored:

canonspark

Post by canonspark »

Think Abramovitch gives stan a run for his money

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

canonspark wrote:Think Abramovitch gives stan a run for his money
In what sense?

canonspark

Post by canonspark »

northbank123 wrote:
canonspark wrote:Think Abramovitch gives stan a run for his money
In what sense?
Numerous, mainly pound coin shaped

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Be absolutely clear here - as I said above, only one man made this decision. You've made your bed......enjoy laying in it !