Manchester City (N) | FA Cup SF | Sun 23 Apr 15:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Re: Manchester City (N) | FA Cup SF | Sun 23 Apr 15:00

Post by Leyton Gooner »

LaughingGooner wrote:Brilliant day, great to catch up with so many old friends.
Tactically we were excellent.
Rode a little luck but I kept remembering throughout the second half how unlucky we were against Liverpool in 2001.
Support was fantastic. Great to hear so much support for Wenger.
:barscarf: :barscarf:
Good post until the final sentence, which is clearly just there to have a sly dig at people on here.

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Rode a little luck but I kept remembering throughout the second half how unlucky we were against Liverpool in 2001.
Good post until the final sentence, which is clearly just there to have a sly dig at people on here.
No digs, just stating a fact. He got a lot of support today.
Sorry but I won't toe the party line here, just to gain favour, when the evidence was clearly pointing to a lot of support for the manager.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Eboue-Why? wrote:When he needs a win he nearly always gets one
And when he needs a trophy for a contract extension he nearly always gets one of those too!!

Clash

Post by Clash »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Clash wrote:
augie wrote:
Don't be foolish - the scum will absolutely rip us apart at their shithole, and a hammering there will wipe the memory of a win over an average team :roll:
No way will Spurs thrash us. You are falling into the same trap that so many keep falling into by keep predicting impending doom (the one you DIDNT fall into over todays game) .

Have you not seen how Wenger's dark forces dig him out of trouble every single fucking year? Of course you have. I know you have. So I am surprised to see you say that.

We'll get at least a point at Spurs next week if not all three. Spurs wont bounce back from the SF defeat. Their momentum is gone now and their inferiority complex will kick in just in time for Wenger to exploit it.

This is all so predictable. Today was 2014 all over again.

At least 2 of our ''top 4 rivals'' will now fuck up too so everything Wenger needs to turn our the weak-minded majority of our fanbase back to supporting him will fall into place and there will be thousands of smiling faces in the crowd when he signs his new deal :banghead:

The new contract is the only doom and gloom prediciton that will become reality.
I disagree. Last ever NLD at the swamp so they will be well up for it
True but that means the pressure will be on them. They fold under pressure and they rarely beat us even when their in better form than us.
xisstential wrote:
I disagree... we have Leicester on Wednesday...definitely a leeetle beet jaded for that one...and then spurs...surely a leetle beet exhausted.

We will struggle against Leicester..mark my words..and spurs are fighting for the league..I see one point from a possible 6.
To be honest I'd forgotten about the midweek Leicester game. I don't expect us to play well against them (when do we ever play well?) but I expect 3 points and at least 1 against Spurs.

Things just seem to go in Wenger's favour when he needs them to.

I see that Liverpool lost today and will probably continue to drop points without Mane and Man city have maybe lost one of their best players for a few games. A top 4 of Chelsea, Spurs, Man United and Arsenal is very possible at this stage.

And with that will come the bollocks talk of ''Wenger's greatest achievement'' and the nauseating ''where are the critics now' bullshit in the build up to the cup final :banghead:

Time will tell but I think history repeating itself is the most likely outcome and I am dreading it :cussing:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

City didn't know what to do when we played very defensively in the first half rather than leaving huge amounts of space. We were too negative and offered nothing going forward but didn't look under much pressure at the back.

Second half and extra time I thought we played very well. Awful goal to concede - Ramsey, Montreal and Cech all embarrassing. But we looked pretty solid at the back whilst going forward With a lot of pace. Didn't have the quality to punish them on normal time or kill it off.

The last time I said this was probably Dortmund away a few years ago but our shape looked right today. Not a flawless performance by any stretch but the only time we loooked all at sea at the back was for the goal.

Chamberlain was absolutely superb and looked like the player he promised he would be when he first came through. Our three centre backs were also excellent and goal aside, Aguero was very quiet.

Thought Xhaka and Ramsey were absolutely piss poor in the middle of the park though. The only contribution Xhaka made was to make constant fouls and misplace passes. I've said it before but against any decent side he just can't get into the game. We did absolutely nothing to stop the service through to Silva and de Bruyne between the lines, although thankfully our back 5 were well organised.

After a fucking dreadful season this afternoon was brilliant. Winning big games against big sides and being in the hunt for a trophy. This is what football is about. I absolutely love this competition. Wont make a fucking difference to whether Wenger stays or goes so enjoy it. At least until Chelsea cruise to victory in the final.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:90% ecstatic, 10% shitless that a 5 year contract extension with the promise of world domination playing 3 at the back is incoming.

Thought Ox was outstanding, Gabriel had his best game in an Arsenal jersey and Holding looked extremely comfortable out there.

Helmet head dodgy as fuck as usual, Ramsey just so poor and we rode our luck to the extreme. When they hit the post with that header I knew we'd win, let's just hope our name is on it now. Will have to improve big time to beat the chavs.

Oh and fuck off City and fuck off Pep. Imagine having all that petrol money and all you can call from the bench is Fabian fucking Delph :coffeespit:

GET FUCKING IN :barscarf:

Pretty much sums up how I felt tbh - when the match was on I was well into it and shouting at the tv like I used to, but I have to say that I am disgusted with myself right now :oops: Some fans can argue that win or lose today it wasn't gonna affect wenker's future, but I don't agree with that at all and because I feel that way, I would rather have seen us lose 10-0 if it meant no more wenker.

I have long been a fan of the ox and I think that he has been our best player for the last 6-8 weeks and today was no exception, but I have to say that I can see him getting screwed over by wenker again very soon - most of us can see that we are surviving by the skin of our teeth in this system/formation, and the day is coming fast where we will get destroyed with it, and imo when that day comes it will be the ox who will lose his position :evil: Surely for most people that haven't worked 30+ years in football, playing the ox centrally instead of ramsey and playing bellerin wide right is the most logical thing to do, but it seems that le cock prefers ramsey ahead of the ox in the middle, and that will lead to frustration when we get exposed in this system.

Btw can someone please tell giroud to fcuk off back to france as soon as is fcuking possible :evil: :evil: :banghead: :censored: :cussing:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

City are fucking shit when you think of how much money they've spent and can't fucking win anything. Guardiola is a whiny prick, Fabian Delph is hilarious, Sterling is bollocks, Clichy's crossing is still fucking horrific and Toure is their only decent player but is like an old man these days.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:City are fucking shit when you think of how much money they've spent and can't fucking win anything. Guardiola is a whiny prick, Fabian Delph is hilarious, Sterling is bollocks, Clichy's crossing is still fucking horrific and Toure is their only decent player but is like an old man these days.
A number of things went in Wenger's favour today (surprise surprise :roll: ) but perhaps the biggest was Silva having to go off and be replaced by that piece of shit Sterling. Silva is past his peak but he can still control a game and find a killer pass.

And I cannot beleive Clichy has survived a whole season under Guardiola.

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

LaughingGooner wrote:
Leyton Gooner wrote:
No digs, just stating a fact. He got a lot of support today.
Sorry but I won't toe the party line here, just to gain favour, when the evidence was clearly pointing to a lot of support for the manager.
what support for Wenger today
never hear the only one song sang at all

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Ok, let's start with the 'credit where it's due' stuff. We won, and after the first half there was a semblance of some grit and a flicker of defensive organisation. But one swallow doesn't make a summer.....

City had most of the chances, and almost all of the wretched luck. They hit the woodwork twice, and had a perfectly good goal wiped out. Each side had a plausible penalty appeal denied.

Having said that, City were poor on the day. Their ageing team struggled to cover the ground at the massive Wembley pitch. On the evidence of yesterday, either Chelsea or Tottenham would have beaten either of today's protagonists, comfortably.

I hoped we would lose today, because had we done so I genuinely believe he would probably have thrown in the towel. Now, the final is lose-lose. Beat Chelsea, and TOF will stay, irrespective of whether we get top four. Lose, and he may still stay, plus we will have lost a cup final to one of the two teams we can least stomach.

Wake me up on 28 May. It is all too depressing.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:City are fucking shit when you think of how much money they've spent and can't fucking win anything. Guardiola is a whiny prick, Fabian Delph is hilarious, Sterling is bollocks, Clichy's crossing is still fucking horrific and Toure is their only decent player but is like an old man these days.
Agreed. It's not as though they are still getting accustomed to a radical new system under Guardiola - they look a worse team than they were six months ago.

The likes of Clichy and Sagna still getting games is a joke, Yaya Toure getting brought back into there fold is laughable. I know he went off today but Silva and de Bruyne both starting every game just isn't right - the team looks so unbalanced. Going away to a Monaco side who ran rings around them at home somehow with a two-goal lead and starting Sane, Sterling, de Bruyne, Silva and Aguero???

Yet again today they put themselves under needless pressure fucking about with their centre backs and keeper - it's one thing wanting to play some football but when are they going to learn that playing in those areas with those players is simply not worth the risk?

The team does the same thing that they did under Pellegrini, which is to turn up for 10-20 minutes each game and hope that they do enough in that period to blow away the opposition. With the resources available and the support given to the manager, should be doing far more.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
supergeorgegraham wrote:2 more years of this shite
Not for me...
4 more years :barscarf:
Anything is possible now.... :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Well I don't give a shit who it upsets I was leaping around celebrating with my son for both goals, the awesome Cech save and the final whistle. Wenger is not leaving no matter what happens from here to the end of the season. Gazidis is a coward with no power. The Be-wigged crunt loves Wenger. Deal with it. Get your enjoyment when and where you can.

Two inconsistent teams and the Bald ex-whore being found out as not the greatest manager that ever lived... especially if he can't stockpile all the best players in the world. Over rated bald cúnt. :roll: :lol:

Sanchez was absolute shit apart from his winner tbh. I've never seen him misplace so many short passes and lose possession so often. Yeah he ran around alot and hussled alot but he was shit. Still, he stepped up when it mattered after division one striker Welbeck scuffed a sitter. :roll:

Ozil too was absolute shit. Yeah his crosses from corners and set pieces were superb (if only we had someone that could get in there and get on the fucking end of them) but everything else he touched went to shit. He is gone this summer I reckon, and psychologically he is already gone...

Ramsey absolute gash. As usual. Overplayed everything, tried and failed at every flick and trick. Absolute liability. As for the Most Stupid Footballer on planet Earth Xhaka... fuck me I've never ever seen a dumber player anywhere ever. Fucking dicktard. :oops: :roll:

Monreal apart from his goal was utter utter gash. He has this terrifying habit of just wandering inside and letting the oppo winger overlap him every single time an oppo team attacks down his wing. I counted at least 10 occasions where he just jogged back Denilson-style after being caught out up the pitch too. Holding did a good job covering him but Monreal is now also a liability.

Giroud fought and battled for everything. But he won very little to be honest. Welbeck was utter dogshit when he came on. I've always said his first touch is too sloppy and loose to be a top striker and the myth of his pace was exposed again - the fucker has no standing start. He needs 10 to 15 yards to get up to speed. That's fuck all use in the PL.

Cech was poor for their goal no doubt, but his finger tip save onto the post was brilliant and kept us in the game - but hey none of the agenda monkeys on here can even bring themselves to praise him for that! :roll: :lol: Yep, he is not top class any longer but credit where it is due.

I don't agree the Ox was superb. He was inconsistent. Made some good runs and then lost possession because he didn't know what to do. Left his full back job in the wind too often and a combo of Gabriel and Holding had to cover him. But in fairness to the Ox his cross for Monreal was superb and he at least tried to run at citeh with the ball instead of reverting to tippy tappy shite. There is a good player somewhere in the Ox but Wenger will never get the best out of him. :roll:

The chav should beat us. But a Cup Final is a one off so you never know... either way I'm gonna enjoy Cup Final day like I always do and forget all the shit around our once great club just for the day.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
I hoped we would lose today, because had we done so I genuinely believe he would probably have thrown in the towel. Now, the final is lose-lose. Beat Chelsea, and TOF will stay, irrespective of whether we get top four. Lose, and he may still stay, plus we will have lost a cup final to one of the two teams we can least stomach.
Mate, I don't know where you are getting that from. Desperation? Hope? Because it ain't based in reality unfortunately. He was ALWAYS staying. Nothing on the field will change that. His ego is so out of whack with reality he cannot leave. And why would he? £9million a year. Total power. No one to answer to when he fucks up. The owner who should have sacked him loves him. It's the dream job ffs. And the myth of the Gazidis power struggle is just that; a myth. Gazidis is a coward but a clever fucker, he knows he can't beat Wenger and is hoping to outlast him.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Thought Gabriel was excellent yesterday and we dont say that too often. We defended well but in fairness could have lost 4-1 before extra time but you have to take your chances and city didnt........ Cech was shite for their goal where was he? He had 2 chances to come out and did neither :banghead: He has to go

Wenger stays now statement expected this week