Manchester City (N) | FA Cup SF | Sun 23 Apr 15:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Sean

Manchester City (N) | FA Cup SF | Sun 23 Apr 15:00

Post by Sean »

Up next. Will we get bummed, or will we fluke a win and postpone the bumming for the final? :roll:

Winning the cup this season seems impossible. This is not the easy run we had in 14 and 15.

Needless to say; we are shite, they are shite and the game will be a massive pile of shite 8)

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Re: Manchester City (N) | FA Cup SF | Sun 23 Apr 15:00

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Hoping we lose a semi final to avoid a bumholing by a load of c.unts in the final. It's actually come to this :twisted: :banghead:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

In all six of our FA / League Cup games at Wembley the only really decent performance we've put in was when we rolled over Villa.

City are hit and miss but they will turn up for at least 20 minutes and when they do we won't cope. We were very lucky that we weren't three goals down when we played them at our place a few weeks back.

trustno10

Post by trustno10 »

If the scum win on Saturday I can't see how us winning this match will be a good thing. I'd rather City go through and act as another buffer to prevent them from winning the trophy

augie

Post by augie »

I honestly believe (and have believed for some time now), that wenger's future will be decided on the outcome of this match - get to the cup final and it will be time to get out the razor blades cos the new contract will be announced, but if we lose I believe that he will announce his decision to leave by sunday night or monday lunchtime.

Sadly I think that we will win :cry: :cry: :cry:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

augie wrote:I honestly believe (and have believed for some time now), that wenger's future will be decided on the outcome of this match - get to the cup final and it will be time to get out the razor blades cos the new contract will be announced, but if we lose I believe that he will announce his decision to leave by sunday night or monday lunchtime.

Is it the board or Wenger who you think are going to be swayed by the outcome of this?

As ludicrous as it is I still firmly believe that (one way or the other) a decision has been made by Wenger and nothing that happens between now and the end of the season will change the decision.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Rimmed :oops:

Clash

Post by Clash »

augie wrote:I honestly believe (and have believed for some time now), that wenger's future will be decided on the outcome of this match - get to the cup final and it will be time to get out the razor blades cos the new contract will be announced, but if we lose I believe that he will announce his decision to leave by sunday night or monday lunchtime.

Agree with this.

I think Wenger's future will depend more on whether we get to the FA Cup final than if we actually win the FA Cup. Just as it was in 2014, where the Wigan semi was the crucial game.

If Arsenal beat City then I expect there will be a mini revival that quite likely sees us get a top 4 spot after beating Everton in the last game of the season :roll: Then after a day or two of celebration (not by me) and in the hype and build up to the all London cup final, the new contract will be announced :banghead:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Also, the chances are that whoever gets to the final out of Spurs and Chelsea will be going for The Double. Their semi final might be a crucial game that in deciding where the title ends up like maybe our one against Man United in 1999 did.

I'm not sure I can handle seeing this Arsenal side as their opponents in a game like that.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Clash wrote:

Agree with this.

I think Wenger's future will depend more on whether we get to the FA Cup final than if we actually win the FA Cup. Just as it was in 2014, where the Wigan semi was the crucial game.

If Arsenal beat City then I expect there will be a mini revival that quite likely sees us get a top 4 spot after beating Everton in the last game of the season :roll: Then after a day or two of celebration (not by me) and in the hype and build up to the all London cup final, the new contract will be announced :banghead:
To talk of revival is lunacy....we are absolutely dog shite. If we were up against any other team last night, beside maybe Swansea or Sunderland (and even that is debatable) we would have lost. There is no get out of jail card this year. And if he goes with 3 at the back against City...God help us. We need 6 at the back!!

I heard him say this morning we cannot afford any more slip ups if we are to make top 4. Does he really think we will win ALL our remaining games?? Aint gonna happen......

Clash

Post by Clash »

xisstential wrote:
Clash wrote:

Agree with this.

To talk of revival is lunacy....we are absolutely dog shite. If we were up against any other team last night, beside maybe Swansea or Sunderland (and even that is debatable) we would have lost. There is no get out of jail card this year. And if he goes with 3 at the back against City...God help us. We need 6 at the back!!

I heard him say this morning we cannot afford any more slip ups if we are to make top 4. Does he really think we will win ALL our remaining games?? Aint gonna happen......
I really hope you are right mate. I have just seen Wenger get out of too many of these awkward positions to count my chickens just yet.

Not sure I really believe what I wrote, I think it was more out of fear of it happening and I am trying to jinx it if anything. Desperate as I am :)

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

We will win and all will be rosy in the Wenger garden

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

People proclaimed a revival after the West Ham game, which lasted all of a few days before we were played off the park by Palace.

We were dreadful last night and it wouldn't have been enough to beat any other side in the league except perhaps Sunderland. They looked every inch a side who haven't won a game this year, yet would still have probably won the game if their centre half didn't plant a free header straight at Cech from six yards.

You can count the number of league wins we've had at Spurs, Stoke or Southampton on one hand. Mourinho's team will outplay us like they always do and like they did spectacularly earlier this season. Leicester and Everton are both playing well and we won't beat either unless we play monumentally better than we have since the end of January.

City in the cup is actually one of the games we are most likely to win in my opinion. They are so hit and miss it defies belief, they are shaky at th back and when they do dominate teams they often don take advantage (see our game a few weeks back).

armchair

Post by armchair »

Sean wrote:Up next. Will we get bummed, or will we fluke a win and postpone the bumming for the final? :roll:

Winning the cup this season seems impossible. This is not the easy run we had in 14 and 15.

Needless to say; we are shite, they are shite and the game will be a massive pile of shite 8)
Think you've just about covered everything. :D
:barscarf:

Babu

Post by Babu »

Clash wrote: I think Wenger's future will depend more on whether we get to the FA Cup final than if we actually win the FA Cup. Just as it was in 2014, where the Wigan semi was the crucial game.
Agree with that. A "cup final" is a trophy for Kroenke. "Finalists". It's like making the Super Bowl.
Clash wrote: If Arsenal beat City then I expect there will be a mini revival that quite likely sees us get a top 4 spot after beating Everton in the last game of the season :roll:
The problem isn't whether we have a mini-revival, it's whether Liverpool and Man City implode massively in their league games.

We can get 78 points MAXIMUM.

Liverpool have got 66 already, and a + 6 goal difference over us, and their run-in is piss-easy... 5 games to go...
Palace, Southampton and Middlesboro at Home, West Ham and Watford away. 12 points from those 5 games? Easy.

Man City are on 64 points, and a + 5 goal difference over us. 6 games to go for them, 14 points needed.
They have home games against Man United, Palace, Leicester and West Brom, away at Middlesboro and Watford

It's still possible, but we have got fixture congestion as well coming up. A point Wenger will surely raise some time.

Liverpool have 5 more games, one a week. No pressure. They will make 3rd. No doubt.

Man City have 7 more games, including Cup semi, then Man United home mid-week, before a leisurely stroll with 5 games in 3 weeks, all of them easy.

We have got a massive semi-final game, before Leicester midweek, and then the NLD.
We then have 5 games in the last 2 weeks. Our little snowflakes won't be able to handle the pressure.

If we get 4th I will sing Wenger's praises every day for the whole of next season.