Wilshere

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: Wilshere

Post by NickF »

northbank123 wrote:Not having Szczesny for a fucking minute fellas. As much as I would love to blame Wenger for that stupid fucking clown grinning and haring out of his area at every opportunity, the bloke will simply not make a reliable keeper under any manager on the planet.
I don't watch Italian football, but a couple of Arsenal podcasts mentioned that he has being doing well at Roma and kept 13th clean sheets this season. At the very least we might be able to get some money for him.

Herd

Post by Herd »

We need a goalkeeper but we need a defence worthy of the name with a stopper in front of the back four untill we realise that we will continue to be bum-holed !

Herd

Post by Herd »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Herd wrote:Might as well retire down there , every other fucker does !
Everyone except "Arry The SpivCunt" :wink:
He's in Sandbanks,Poole he bought in there b4 it got trendy Poole was Bournemouths poor sister then but it's outshone it since wityh all the marina waterfront developments

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

augie wrote:
northbank123 wrote:Not having Szczesny for a fucking minute fellas. As much as I would love to blame Wenger for that stupid fucking clown grinning and haring out of his area at every opportunity, the bloke will simply not make a reliable keeper under any manager on the planet.

Do you think he would do that if simeone was his manager ? He might do it once but he sure as fcuk wouldn't do it a second time :lol: This is what I meant when talking about playing under a manager with discipline - Chesney (and every other player) would have instructions issued to them in no uncertain terms, and freelancing would not be tolerated and the players would know that. There would be no grinning if simeone was manager 8)
This - I disagree entirely with this notion of an entire squad rebuild being required. Instil some fucking discipline and actual coaching (from a proper manager) and this group of players should easily be challenging for the PL imo

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:

Do you think he would do that if simeone was his manager ? He might do it once but he sure as fcuk wouldn't do it a second time :lol: This is what I meant when talking about playing under a manager with discipline - Chesney (and every other player) would have instructions issued to them in no uncertain terms, and freelancing would not be tolerated and the players would know that. There would be no grinning if simeone was manager 8)
You're making an assumption there, augie. You are assuming that Chesney would have the cop on and intelligence to listen to Simeone... I doubt he would. Chesney would still do the same stupid shit because he is stupid. Deeply stupid. The difference is that Chesney would last about 3 games under Simeone and then be (rightly) offloaded. Wenger tolerates these buffoons and morons because he feels like a father figure to them. But you know that. :wink:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

You're making an assumption there, augie. You are assuming that Chesney would have the cop on and intelligence to listen to Simeone... I doubt he would. Chesney would still do the same stupid shit because he is stupid. Deeply stupid. The difference is that Chesney would last about 3 games under Simeone and then be (rightly) offloaded. Wenger tolerates these buffoons and morons because he feels like a father figure to them. But you know that. :wink:
Simeone might bollock Szczesny for being reckless and haring out of the box but he wouldn't be able to instil good judgment, decision-making or a sense of commanding authority.

He would get found out under any manager.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Time to call it a day with jack. Sorry, you're a multi millionaire by now, good luck, rehabilitate and get yourself going at another club.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Gutted for the lad, I always wanted Jack to succeed more than most players, still scored the best team goal I ever saw against Norwich, hope he does well in the future but it won't be at The Arsenal.