Wilshere

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Goonuz71

Wilshere

Post by Goonuz71 »

Looks like another set back for Jack , sustained a broken leg against The Scum

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... s-10250856

augie

Re: Wilshere

Post by augie »

I know that I am gonna be lambasted for saying this, but IF we have a new manager for next season, then I would be inclined to go to wilshere and Chesney and try to get them to extend their contracts by one more year - we all agree that wenker's coaching is practically non existant, so I would like to see a new manager come in and be given a season to see if he can improve them and get them back on track, cos there was real potential in them a few seasons ago before their attitude and discipline changed things :roll:
As things currently stand, we either have to sell these players in the summer or risk losing them on a free 12 months later - I have always said that I would support taking a financial hit and keeping a player for the remainder of his contract if it didn't suit the club to let him go, but I certainly wouldn't support a plan that lets a few players go for free at one go

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Get rid now.

Hasnt set the world alight at Bournemouth looks quite average, maybe the injuries have taken their toll. We can do better we SHOULD do better

Herd

Post by Herd »

Might as well retire down there , every other fucker does !

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

flash gunner wrote:Get rid now.

Hasnt set the world alight at Bournemouth looks quite average, maybe the injuries have taken their toll. We can do better we SHOULD do better
Would have to agree with all of that.

Should be a big fish in a small pond at Bournemouth but instead looks a bang average player in a bang average team - zero gaols and 2 assists in 27 games - meh.

Tough luck on the injury front but it's bye bye for me.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
flash gunner wrote:Get rid now.

Would have to agree with all of that.

Should be a big fish in a small pond at Bournemouth but instead looks a bang average player in a bang average team - zero gaols and 2 assists in 27 games - meh.

Tough luck on the injury front but it's bye bye for me.

Yep, sad but true. The boy really could have been a star, but the game was up on a top flight career at least 3 years ago. Some bodies simply aren't made for top level sport, there are inherent weaknesses and they'll keep breaking down (Diaby anyone ?). Both these guys had a bundle of natural ability, but the physical weaknesses can't be overcome. A genuine shame.

Graham71

Post by Graham71 »

augie wrote:I know that I am gonna be lambasted for saying this, but IF we have a new manager for next season, then I would be inclined to go to wilshere and Chesney and try to get them to extend their contracts by one more year - we all agree that wenker's coaching is practically non existant, so I would like to see a new manager come in and be given a season to see if he can improve them and get them back on track, cos there was real potential in them a few seasons ago before their attitude and discipline changed things :roll:
As things currently stand, we either have to sell these players in the summer or risk losing them on a free 12 months later - I have always said that I would support taking a financial hit and keeping a player for the remainder of his contract if it didn't suit the club to let him go, but I certainly wouldn't support a plan that lets a few players go for free at one go

Wilshere like Walcott and Ox is all hype.If they were not English they wouldn't be at the club.You have to have a certain quota of English players in your squad.It just happens than most of our shit players Gibbs Jenkinson Ox Chambers Wally and Wheelchair and happen to be English

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Very sad news about Jack. I reckon we've just missed out on £25-30m this summer now :(

I'd extend his contract as we'll struggle to sell this summer with a broken leg and, even with the injury record, he's probably still worth a fair wack on his return!

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

g88ner wrote:Very sad news about Jack. I reckon we've just missed out on £25-30m this summer now :(

I'd extend his contract as we'll struggle to sell this summer with a broken leg and, even with the injury record, he's probably still worth a fair wack on his return!
Can't imagine that another year of paying him 80k a year (or however much) to sit on the treatment table makes great financial sense given that he'll be a year older, a year further away from his promising form as a youngster and probably injured again.

Despite the latest injury he has managed more PL games there this year then in any season since he was 19, which tells its own story about our medical team and approach to managing injuries and fatigue. But he hasn't shone at all and if anything seems to be struggling to hold down a place there.

Don't think anybody would be parting with 25-30m even without his injury. But Somebody will stump up 12-15m and I would Take that in a heartbeat rather than handing that to him in wages instead over the next 3 years.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

northbank123 wrote:
g88ner wrote:Very sad news about Jack. I reckon we've just missed out on £25-30m this summer now :(

Can't imagine that another year of paying him 80k a year (or however much) to sit on the treatment table makes great financial sense given that he'll be a year older, a year further away from his promising form as a youngster and probably injured again.

Despite the latest injury he has managed more PL games there this year then in any season since he was 19, which tells its own story about our medical team and approach to managing injuries and fatigue. But he hasn't shone at all and if anything seems to be struggling to hold down a place there.

Don't think anybody would be parting with 25-30m even without his injury. But Somebody will stump up 12-15m and I would Take that in a heartbeat rather than handing that to him in wages instead over the next 3 years.
What I'm saying is we should offer a new contract to protect an investment; not extend his stay at the club! :lol:

He's broken his leg, so I'm assuming we won't be able to sell him this summer anyway. After that, he's in the last 12 months of his current deal and running his contract down to a free transfer meaning we'll sell for peanuts in January or lose him on a free.

Extending his contract means we can sell him next January or summer for a bigger price.

Either way, new contract or not, his £80k a week (or however much) to sit on the treatment table will still be paid, so we might as well extend his contract and get a half decent transfer fee out of him when he's back.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Herd wrote:Might as well retire down there , every other fucker does !
Everyone except "Arry The SpivCunt" :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I feel sorry for him as a player (as a person that's something else) He has great skills and IS a talent IMO - I sometimes wonder how he might have fared under a better manager and a better medical team. :?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:I know that I am gonna be lambasted for saying this, but IF we have a new manager for next season, then I would be inclined to go to wilshere and Chesney and try to get them to extend their contracts by one more year - we all agree that wenker's coaching is practically non existant, so I would like to see a new manager come in and be given a season to see if he can improve them and get them back on track, cos there was real potential in them a few seasons ago before their attitude and discipline changed things :roll:
I agree - those two plus the Ox would be infinitely better players were it not for Shit for Brains

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Not having Szczesny for a fucking minute fellas. As much as I would love to blame Wenger for that stupid fucking clown grinning and haring out of his area at every opportunity, the bloke will simply not make a reliable keeper under any manager on the planet.

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:Not having Szczesny for a fucking minute fellas. As much as I would love to blame Wenger for that stupid fucking clown grinning and haring out of his area at every opportunity, the bloke will simply not make a reliable keeper under any manager on the planet.

Do you think he would do that if simeone was his manager ? He might do it once but he sure as fcuk wouldn't do it a second time :lol: This is what I meant when talking about playing under a manager with discipline - Chesney (and every other player) would have instructions issued to them in no uncertain terms, and freelancing would not be tolerated and the players would know that. There would be no grinning if simeone was manager 8)