Leicester City (H) | PL | Wed 26 Apr 19:45

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Sean

Leicester City (H) | PL | Wed 26 Apr 19:45

Post by Sean »

Up next. Will we beat the champions or drop yet more points?

Two shite sides; shite game 8)

g88ner

Re: Leicester City (H) | PL | Wed 26 Apr 19:45

Post by g88ner »

Bring it on! Cup final in the bag and even liverpool lost today... could yet sneek 4th place ;)

REB

Post by REB »

fuck leicester, we are the arsenal :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Dear God...I knew this would happen..everybody back onside and hoping..hoping..hoping..we can sneak into 4th. Because next year will be different. Good luck trying to get anybody to join the WENGER OUT now. FUCK!!!

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

REB wrote:fuck leicester, we are the arsenal :barscarf:
Yea...and they are the Champions. We won't be saying that as long as Wenger stays at the helm.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Little bit jaded physically, gave absolutely everything on Sunday, blah blah blah.

Minimum 2 points dropped here, possibly 3. Racist chav Steptoe nailed on for a goal in this one.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

rodders999 wrote:Little bit jaded physically, gave absolutely everything on Sunday, blah blah blah.

Minimum 2 points dropped here, possibly 3. Racist chav Steptoe nailed on for a goal in this one.
Said the same thing to somebody earlier, hardest I've seen us work the entire season so a point at best on Wednesday. And then of course if we are a leetle jaded for this one, we will be out on our feet, and ze handbrake in locked position for the NLD. So hopefully 1 point out of a possible 6 should wipe that self satisfied,smug grin off his face.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

xisstential wrote:Dear God...I knew this would happen..everybody back onside and hoping..hoping..hoping..we can sneak into 4th. Because next year will be different. Good luck trying to get anybody to join the WENGER OUT now. FUCK!!!
Isn't there also a possibility of finishing fifth and still getting into the Champions Boreathon if Manure finish in the top 4 and win the Europa League? :banghead:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
xisstential wrote:Dear God...I knew this would happen..everybody back onside and hoping..hoping..hoping..we can sneak into 4th. Because next year will be different. Good luck trying to get anybody to join the WENGER OUT now. FUCK!!!
Isn't there also a possibility of finishing fifth and still getting into the Champions Boreathon if Manure finish in the top 4 and win the Europa League? :banghead:
Yea..I think that's how it works...Whatever permutations he needs they will fall at his feet. Just look at Liverpool today if you don't believe me.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
No. Top 4 required.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

xisstential wrote:
Leyton Gooner wrote:
Yea..I think that's how it works...Whatever permutations he needs they will fall at his feet. Just look at Liverpool today if you don't believe me.
Oh I believe you alright :cussing:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Yeah the only way 5 English clubs would be in the CL is if United finish outside top 4 and win the Spursday Cup.

Don't worry we will be playing the Latvian runners up some glorious Thursday evening next November :barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

rodders999 wrote:Little bit jaded physically, gave absolutely everything on Sunday, blah blah blah.

I know you're probably not being completely serious but these scenarios are so often predicted .... and very rarely do they happen.

We were gonna get arse-whipped by City today according to some. It didnt happen. We were only gonna win a couple of our remaining games and finish 6th or 7th said others. Neither of those are happening either.

Wenger always always does enough to have something to cling to. Something happens to keep him safe at the club. Every year.

Last year it was the Spurs collapse that allowed him to avoid a negative end to a fucking dreadful season. The previous 2 years we finished with a cup final victory.

And this tedious, infuriating and never-ending process is getting underway again.

Wenger stumbles on something out of sheer desperation and temporarily it works. Not long term of course. And not something that turns us into title contenders. But something that gives him just enough to save face and save his fucking job :banghead:

We wont drop points against Leicester. We wont get battered at Spurs. We'll get something at Southampton and Stoke and after getting a top 4 position the pressure will be off to win the cup final because we'll already have bagged what many consider a trophy :roll: :banghead:

And on it goes ...

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Agree about the City predictions (and I said beforehand people were getting far too carried away with them).

But league wins at Stoke, Southampton or Spurs since 2007 are about as common as rocking horse shit. Leicester, United and Everton are all playing well and we will have to put in pretty decent performances to beat any of them. We were good today and will take some confidence but we have been absolutely dreadful the last three months and we aren't suddenly going to start showing title-winning form.

Not a chance we'll put together a run to get into top 4.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
No, only get an extra place if United win it AND finish outside top 4.