Giroud/Marsailles

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rugby Gooner

Giroud/Marsailles

Post by Rugby Gooner »

According to SSN,Marsailles want to sign Giroud this summer for around £20 million. :D :barscarf:
If they are actually that stupid,maybe we should try to offload Wally,Ramsey,Ozil, et al to them as well as part of a job lot.
There may also be a bridge across the Thames that we could interest them in.

robbo10

Re: Giroud/Marsailles

Post by robbo10 »

Rugby Gooner wrote:According to SSN,Marsailles want to sign Giroud this summer for around £20 million. :D :barscarf:
If they are actually that stupid,maybe we should try to offload Wally,Ramsey,Ozil, et al to them as well as part of a job lot.
There may also be a bridge across the Thames that we could interest them in.
Well Sanogo's progress will be another year advanced,so au revoir Olivier,I for one will miss your cool hair.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Le Lampost is getting worse.

I thought he contributed two-thirds of fuck-all yesterday. Additionally, he spends 20 minutes every game looking like he's about to burst into tears because he's broken his ankle, only to miraculously recover.

Even though I'm not convinced that Welbeck is the answer he does at least work hard and run quickly which creates space for others.

You can usually find Giroud where you last saw him ten minutes previously.

blackotelli9

Post by blackotelli9 »

I'd sell giroud happily especially after yesterday!! He's more worried how he look and how he scores with the ladies rather than scoring in the field. I'd replace him with lukaku personally

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:Le Lampost is getting worse.

I thought he contributed two-thirds of fuck-all yesterday. Additionally, he spends 20 minutes every game looking like he's about to burst into tears because he's broken his ankle, only to miraculously recover.

Even though I'm not convinced that Welbeck is the answer he does at least work hard and run quickly which creates space for others.

Didn't watch the game, huh? :roll: :lol:

The ONLY player on our team that really put in a shift and fought for everything that came near him was Giroud. Ultimately it was wasted effort because every ball he won (admittedly less than 50%) was laid off to no one because our two shit CM's had no idea where to be on the pitch at any given time. It was a thankless task up there against 2 and sometimes 3 citeh defenders but he gave everything.

Sure criticize him for being not good enough (he is not good enough at that level, we all know that) and for missing chances, but you can't question his effort against citeh. That's plain ludicrous tbh.

If Marseilles are stupid enough to offer £20 million for him we should bite their hand off. He is not worth that and it would free up £100k + a week in wages.

Welbeck is not the answer by any means. You definitely did not watch that game, mate. :roll: :lol: Welbeck did proper fuck all when he came on fresh late in the game. He chased nothing down, he hussled none of their defenders, his touch (as always) was too loose and the myth of his supposed "pace" was exposed yet again. He needs 10 to 15 yards to get up to top speed. A striker that relies on pace in the PL has to have an immediate standing start - Welbeck doesn't.

Ultimately, he's the same level as Giroud - PL average.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

DB10GOONER wrote:

The ONLY player on our team that really put in a shift and fought for everything that came near him was Giroud. Ultimately it was wasted effort because every ball he won (admittedly less than 50%) was laid off to no one because our two shit CM's had no idea where to be on the pitch at any given time. It was a thankless task up there against 2 and sometimes 3 citeh defenders but he gave everything.

Sure criticize him for being not good enough (he is not good enough at that level, we all know that) and for missing chances, but you can't question his effort against citeh. That's plain ludicrous tbh.

If Marseilles are stupid enough to offer £20 million for him we should bite their hand off. He is not worth that and it would free up £100k + a week in wages.

Welbeck is not the answer by any means. You definitely did not watch that game, mate. :roll: :lol: Welbeck did proper fuck all when he came on fresh late in the game. He chased nothing down, he hussled none of their defenders, his touch (as always) was too loose and the myth of his supposed "pace" was exposed yet again. He needs 10 to 15 yards to get up to top speed. A striker that relies on pace in the PL has to have an immediate standing start - Welbeck doesn't.

I wasn't sure what Confirmation Bias was, so I looked it up and it turns out it's what I thought it would be.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

blackotelli9 wrote:I'd sell giroud happily especially after yesterday!! He's more worried how he look and how he scores with the ladies rather than scoring in the field. I'd replace him with lukaku personally
I too would gladly sell Giroud for £20 million but I'd never want to see Lukaku in an Arsenal jersey. Lukaku is the same level as Giroud. Same as Welbeck, Benteke, Defoe, Sturridge and Vardy. Bog standard PL average. Lukaku will never lead a PL team to the PL title. He's having his once in a career Rob Lee season and next year he'll be back to scoring between 10 and 15 PL goals a season or he'll get a big move and be exposed at a top club. Vardy had his Rob Lee season last year and is now back where he belongs; average.

We need much much better than Giroud, Welbeck or Lukaku up front to challenge for the PL.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

I wasn't sure what Confirmation Bias was, so I looked it up and it turns out it's what I thought it would be.
That's it? That's all you got, huh? Okay. :lol:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I think Giroud's biggest problem is that 'Wengerball' leaves him isolated most of the time. I think in a different system he could be a decent striker but he'll never be a good fit into this one.

I wish him well if he goes.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Hate him sums up everything wrong the Arsene FC.

Get rid ASAP and for £20 mil rip their hands off!!!

blackotelli9

Post by blackotelli9 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
blackotelli9 wrote:I'd sell giroud happily especially after yesterday!! He's more worried how he look and how he scores with the ladies rather than scoring in the field. I'd replace him with lukaku personally
I too would gladly sell Giroud for £20 million but I'd never want to see Lukaku in an Arsenal jersey. Lukaku is the same level as Giroud. Same as Welbeck, Benteke, Defoe, Sturridge and Vardy. Bog standard PL average. Lukaku will never lead a PL team to the PL title. He's having his once in a career Rob Lee season and next year he'll be back to scoring between 10 and 15 PL goals a season or he'll get a big move and be exposed at a top club. Vardy had his Rob Lee season last year and is now back where he belongs; average.

We need much much better than Giroud, Welbeck or Lukaku up front to challenge for the PL.

Very fair point but lukaku is young. Barry has NEVER had 2 good reasons in a row from his semi pro days and I'm glad we never signed him. I tottaly agree with your point but I can't see Wenger spending close to 60 for lacazette or a ridiculous amount for mpappe( who should stay at Monaco) dybala will not be at arsenal next season. With Wenger we will have to sign pl average strikers or a big club reject(1 that is still better than our players)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

blackotelli9 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Very fair point but lukaku is young. Barry has NEVER had 2 good reasons in a row from his semi pro days and I'm glad we never signed him. I tottaly agree with your point but I can't see Wenger spending close to 60 for lacazette or a ridiculous amount for mpappe( who should stay at Monaco) dybala will not be at arsenal next season. With Wenger we will have to sign pl average strikers or a big club reject(1 that is still better than our players)
Yeah true. The problem is that Wenger decides these players are good enough and then cannot accept it when they fail to deliver. How long did he persist with poor quality players like Denilson, Song, Hleb, Barndoor, Almunia, Flappy, Vela etc etc etc... :|

The key difference between Lukaku and Giroud is Lukaku's manager mostly sets up to get the best from his striker and Lukaku is benefiting from that coinciding with his once in a career Rob Lee season. Wenger will never set up to get the best from anyone, he will just wedge players into his system and hope for the best, so ultimately we will never see Giroud have that once in a career Rob Lee season. :|

Herd

Post by Herd »

SPUDMASHER wrote:I think Giroud's biggest problem is that 'Wengerball' leaves him isolated most of the time. I think in a different system he could be a decent striker but he'll never be a good fit into this one.

I wish him well if he goes.
Im with masher ,if he got any service or had a strike partner he would score 25 league goals a season and assist many more !

augie

Post by augie »

flash gunner wrote:Hate him sums up everything wrong the Arsene FC.

Only behind wally in that regard, but yes I agree 100% with you 8)

I thought that he was deplorable on sunday - if you are a target man type of centre forward, then you have to at least contest every high ball kicked in your vicinity, and for me he didn't come close to doing that. In the first half he wasn't even jumping off the ground to try and win the headers, and instead of chose to stand and whine like a bitch for not getting soft free kicks from the ref :roll: :oops: Kompany didn't even need to get off the ground most of the time as he had giroud in his pocket - he was stronger in the challenges and made giroud look lightweight :evil:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

augie wrote:
flash gunner wrote:Hate him sums up everything wrong the Arsene FC.

Only behind wally in that regard, but yes I agree 100% with you 8)

I thought that he was deplorable on sunday - if you are a target man type of centre forward, then you have to at least contest every high ball kicked in your vicinity, and for me he didn't come close to doing that. In the first half he wasn't even jumping off the ground to try and win the headers, and instead of chose to stand and whine like a bitch for not getting soft free kicks from the ref :roll: :oops: Kompany didn't even need to get off the ground most of the time as he had giroud in his pocket - he was stronger in the challenges and made giroud look lightweight :evil:

Totally agree all i remember from him on Sunday was attempting to win the ball with a half hearted jump, lose it and then sit on the floor waving his arms around crying like a baby. Doubt Kompany had many easier afternoons