Giroud/Marsailles

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Allgunsblazin

Re: Giroud/Marsailles

Post by Allgunsblazin »

StuartL wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:Tbh I think we'd do well to get a curly wurly and a couple of sherbet dib dabs :? :wink:
Sold to the man, with the curly wurly and 2 sherbert dib dabs.

Done.
Not so fast Weeman, I raise yer two flying saucers.... :lol:
Last edited by Allgunsblazin on Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
StuartL wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:Tbh I think we'd do well to get a curly wurly and a couple of sherbet dib dabs :? :wink:
Sold to the man, with the curly wurly and 2 sherbert dib dabs.

Done.
Not so fast Weeman I raise yer two flying saucers.... :lol:

Swale_Gooner1985

Post by Swale_Gooner1985 »

Again, someone harshly treated by the fans. Giroud is a decent forward, he's Arsenal's 5th highest scorer in premier league history, he gives us something no other player in the squad does. Sunday I saw loads of tweets and messages slagging him off after the game. He put a bloody good shift in Sunday, up against two or sometimes 3 huge centre halves with holding midfielders dropping off and sandwiching him. He fought all game, didn't always come out with the ball but every time he plays he generally gives us everything. He looks a bit of a ponce every now and then when he gets a kick but i'll let him off that.

If we are going to stick with this formation someone like Giroud could be vital and allow Monreal, Bellerin, Chamberlain, Walcott or whoever, the chance to hit some early crosses and find Giroud in the middle. I'm not saying it should be something we go for non stop, I think Sanchez was working well as the forward and it seemed strange that we changed that, especially moving him to accommodate Welbeck, who actually seems more suited wide left. Anyway, Giroud is a player definitely worth keeping in the squad and can come up with a goal when we need one.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

If challenging but losing virtually every header followed by sitting on the floor crying like a baby and waving his arms about that he didn't get a foul is a good shift then god help us :banghead:

I agree giroud gives us something that other strikers in the squad don't but a club like Arsenal should have better than Giroud even as a squad player

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:sick of people making excuses for him. yes we don't play to his strengths but even provided with absolute guilt-edged chances he often chokes. the man is the embodiment of every limitation in our squad. capable of some great football but just not good enough.
I think if he had a good run in a team playing a system that suited he'd be reasonably okay. Players need that run to gain confidence and they'll miss easy chances if they don't.

He's by no means a great striker but he's not as bad as some would have you believe.

jmp442

Post by jmp442 »

Find it amazing that a team with our so called ambitions has a players of such physical limitations. He's obviously not crap but he's a mid-lower Prem striker at best.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

There's a space in my car and I'm holiday in the South of France in July.......I'll fucking drive him there myself.

I'm not a massive fan of Welwide, but I'll tell you this.....at least he gives a fucking shit. What was that performance from Giroud yesterday? In 15 mins Welwide showed more passion and hunger than the Lamppost did in the first 75.

Just another over rewarded big time Charlie, who would struggle to get a place on the bench at the rest of the top six. Look at all the other teams striking options, with the possible exception of the Mickeys who have got a right rag bag assortment of shit (but at least they have a collective of players capable of scoring goals)

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:There's a space in my car and I'm holiday in the South of France in July.......I'll fucking drive him there myself.

I'm not a massive fan of Welwide, but I'll tell you this.....at least he gives a fucking shit. What was that performance from Giroud yesterday? In 15 mins Welwide showed more passion and hunger than the Lamppost did in the first 75.

Just another over rewarded big time Charlie, who would struggle to get a place on the bench at the rest of the top six. Look at all the other teams striking options, with the possible exception of the Mickeys who have got a right rag bag assortment of shit (but at least they have a collective of players capable of scoring goals)

On his best days he was a decent striker but no better than that - these days he has become a whining pussy who is putting in fcuk all effort, and generally doesn't seem to give a shit :censored: Right now I would have chamakh in the team ahead of him - fcuk it I would even have kaba diawara in the team ahead of him (suggesting the worlds greatest Danish striker is going too far imo :wink: ) :evil: :evil: :evil:

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Good option off the bench but in all honesty not a good enough starter and should never off been given a new deal.

A player that seems to have scoring patches and then barren runs like at present and last season a Europa league level striker.

Yes if OGL stays so will Giroud as he will fit in just handily with our impending Thursday night fixtures.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Swale_Gooner1985 wrote:Again, someone harshly treated by the fans. Giroud is a decent forward, he's Arsenal's 5th highest scorer in premier league history, he gives us something no other player in the squad does. Sunday I saw loads of tweets and messages slagging him off after the game. He put a bloody good shift in Sunday, up against two or sometimes 3 huge centre halves with holding midfielders dropping off and sandwiching him. He fought all game, didn't always come out with the ball but every time he plays he generally gives us everything. He looks a bit of a ponce every now and then when he gets a kick but i'll let him off that.

If we are going to stick with this formation someone like Giroud could be vital and allow Monreal, Bellerin, Chamberlain, Walcott or whoever, the chance to hit some early crosses and find Giroud in the middle. I'm not saying it should be something we go for non stop, I think Sanchez was working well as the forward and it seemed strange that we changed that, especially moving him to accommodate Welbeck, who actually seems more suited wide left. Anyway, Giroud is a player definitely worth keeping in the squad and can come up with a goal when we need one.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pathetic! :roll: One of the many reasons for giving up Arsenal apart from Wenger was seeing shit players like Giroud ambling and poncing about the pitch but also sharing the team with blinkered AKB's like you!

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

SteveO 35 wrote:There's a space in my car and I'm holiday in the South of France in July.......I'll fucking drive him there myself.

Welbeck is only ever going to be a squad player at best, but he does put a shift in. Take his performance in the same game last season - he had no service at all (especially when we went down to 10) but he ran his bollocks off to close down defenders and win throw-ins, corners and free kicks. Giroud came on for the last 15-20 minutes and sauntered about the place whilst the other 9 were grafting for a point.

A legend in his own mind.

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:

Welbeck is only ever going to be a squad player at best, but he does put a shift in. Take his performance in the same game last season - he had no service at all (especially when we went down to 10) but he ran his bollocks off to close down defenders and win throw-ins, corners and free kicks. Giroud came on for the last 15-20 minutes and sauntered about the place whilst the other 9 were grafting for a point.

A legend in his own mind.

And a total c.unt in mine :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Taken from a piece written in The Guardian after the game against the scum on sunday -

Giroud was not just static here, he was inert, stopped, gummed to the spot. Arsenal’s first-choice orthodox centre-forward is often described as providing a “physical presence” but it is hard to imagine a less bruising, less imposing, more glossily soft-touch 6ft 3in professional athlete in a contact sport. For footballers of this standard, being shunted around the penalty area by Giroud must be a bit like being whipped senseless with a wet tissue or battered into unconsciousness with a fondant eclair. Giroud was signed to replace Robin van Persie, before Kane the last high-class centre-forward in north London. His continued presence in this team is an indicator of the decay and decline

Will anything ever be said or written, that will be a better summation of this lazy French c.unt ? I have now got to the spot where I despise him almost as much as I despise wally :evil:

Full article https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... ene-wenger

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:Taken from a piece written in The Guardian after the game against the scum on sunday -

Giroud was not just static here, he was inert, stopped, gummed to the spot. Arsenal’s first-choice orthodox centre-forward is often described as providing a “physical presence” but it is hard to imagine a less bruising, less imposing, more glossily soft-touch 6ft 3in professional athlete in a contact sport. For footballers of this standard, being shunted around the penalty area by Giroud must be a bit like being whipped senseless with a wet tissue or battered into unconsciousness with a fondant eclair. Giroud was signed to replace Robin van Persie, before Kane the last high-class centre-forward in north London. His continued presence in this team is an indicator of the decay and decline

Will anything ever be said or written, that will be a better summation of this lazy French c.unt ? I have now got to the spot where I despise him almost as much as I despise wally :evil:

Full article https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... ene-wenger
Whilst I agree with most of what you've posted there, can you stop using the word "French" in your rants please. What has his nationality got to do with it? If you think I'm over-reacting, just replace the word "French" with "Irish" or "black" and see if it is acceptable.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

franksav63 wrote:
Swale_Gooner1985 wrote:Again, someone harshly treated by the fans. Giroud is a decent forward, he's Arsenal's 5th highest scorer in premier league history, he gives us something no other player in the squad does. Sunday I saw loads of tweets and messages slagging him off after the game. He put a bloody good shift in Sunday, up against two or sometimes 3 huge centre halves with holding midfielders dropping off and sandwiching him. He fought all game, didn't always come out with the ball but every time he plays he generally gives us everything. He looks a bit of a ponce every now and then when he gets a kick but i'll let him off that.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pathetic! :roll: One of the many reasons for giving up Arsenal apart from Wenger was seeing shit players like Giroud ambling and poncing about the pitch but also sharing the team with blinkered AKB's like you!

Aaaaaawwww! Come On Frank Why Don't You Tell Us How You really feel!? :lol: :wink:

Good to see you back here mate - DON'T Be a Stranger Bro! :cheers: