The Scum (A) | PL | Sun 30 Apr 16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Babu

Re: The Scum (A) | PL | Sun 30 Apr 16:30

Post by Babu »

xisstential wrote: When do you EVER watch us and see something different?? When do you ever sit there and marvel or be impressed at how we have come out or set up to counter the oppositions strengths?? Never!! It's the same set up and the same style of play with maybe a slight rotation of players. I bet if you asked Wenger his reply would be...We worry about how we play, not how they play.Breathtakingly arrogant, with delusional faith in his continually failing abilities.
6th November, 2013.

Dortmund away. We had been soundly thrashed at home, but came to Dortmund and gave a defensive display in the first half that was awesome.
Then stole it in the 2nd half. 1-0 to The Arsenal. A very good evening had by all! Controlled the game, and stuffed them properly.

We went up there just to see The Arsenal, no hope for a win, and I came back convinced that a player revolution ( or Wenger having finally taken the hand-brake off his brain ) had made The Arsenal competitive again, and actually concentrated on their opponent.

Sadly it didn't last, but I remember the drive back thinking something along the lines of...finally, someone has made him see sense...

Herd

Post by Herd »

xisstential wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
Herd wrote:I dont know much about their team . I NEVER watch them read about them or think about them untillbwe play them
I try not to watch them either Herd,shower of :censored:
The problem for us is le bumhole won't know much about them either :oops: unlike his opposite number :rubchin:
When do you EVER watch us and see something different?? When do you ever sit there and marvel or be impressed at how we have come out or set up to counter the oppositions strengths?? Never!! It's the same set up and the same style of play with maybe a slight rotation of players. I bet if you asked Wenger his reply would be...We worry about how we play, not how they play.Breathtakingly arrogant, with delusional faith in his continually failing abilities.

That is why guys like Koeman, Allerdyce, Pulis,Mourinho etc,etc,etc.....have his number. They know exactly what to expect and Wenger never disappoints.
Nowadays very very rarely ,in past years we played maybe 5/10 really good games which kept people hanging on and thinking if only it wasn't for injuries ,pitches,referees etc however the number of good games has got fewer year on year until now where only once this season V Chelsea
at home have we really played great football .
Our system has ALWAYS had flaws but back in the Halcyon days late 90's early 20's we had the players who could adapt and still win.
Now we have players who aren't intelligent enough to vary the style or have the gumption to fight ,couple that with a manager that doesn't
know how to manage people or coach variations on a theme or note the opposition and you have a recipe for disaster .
All our on field problems are systemic ,style of play,lack of structure ,failure to adapt,no team leaders,zonal marking,persisting with players that fail ,lack of motivation its all down to poor management as is our lamentable scouting recruitment and transfer team which is again headed up by wenger .

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Babu wrote:
xisstential wrote: When do you EVER watch us and see something different?? When do you ever sit there and marvel or be impressed at how we have come out or set up to counter the oppositions strengths?? Never!! It's the same set up and the same style of play with maybe a slight rotation of players. I bet if you asked Wenger his reply would be...We worry about how we play, not how they play.Breathtakingly arrogant, with delusional faith in his continually failing abilities.
6th November, 2013.

Dortmund away. We had been soundly thrashed at home, but came to Dortmund and gave a defensive display in the first half that was awesome.
Then stole it in the 2nd half. 1-0 to The Arsenal. A very good evening had by all! Controlled the game, and stuffed them properly.

We went up there just to see The Arsenal, no hope for a win, and I came back convinced that a player revolution ( or Wenger having finally taken the hand-brake off his brain ) had made The Arsenal competitive again, and actually concentrated on their opponent.

Sadly it didn't last, but I remember the drive back thinking something along the lines of...finally, someone has made him see sense...
Absolutely agree. That game sticks in the mind for me too. They were a much better team than us and we turned in the sort of organised, disciplined and defensively-sound performance which has been alien over the last decade. Accepted that we were limited to play on the counter and came into the game far more as the second-half came on. Pinched a goal and could have killed it with another.

It lasted four days until we put in a sloppy, limp-dicked performance up at Old Trafford on the next weekend to hand Moyes' United a rare win.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Tell you what is absolutely annoyingly true:

We Do Have the Ability, Players, Skills etc to beat the Vermin - To make them look like the losing, bottle jobs they really are, we could turn up and totally destroy these lame fuckks -

BUT

I fear we will get royally rogered right up the Khyber pass by 3 or 4 goals NOT because we don't have the players, ability, determination but because of One Overwhelming Factor - "Arsene Wenger".

I don't even want to watch but 'Know 1,000%' I won't be able not to. :cry: :banghead:

4 -1 ?

or 1 - 3 ?

:rubchin:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

God I have never wanted to beat these fuckers more than I do this time.

Logical head says that we're going to get royally buttfucked but I'm just praying we can at least hold them to a draw. It would be nice to be the ones that effectively end their title challenge.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:I don't even want to watch but 'Know 1,000%' I won't be able not to. :cry: :banghead:
I wont be watching that for sure, no way i can stomach them turning us over

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

SPUDMASHER wrote:God I have never wanted to beat these fuckers more than I do this time.

Logical head says that we're going to get royally buttfucked but I'm just praying we can at least hold them to a draw. It would be nice to be the ones that effectively end their title challenge.
Honestly who gives a f*ck anymore?, I'd take a 5-0 defeat if Wenger & Kroenke would f*ck off, sadly we're stuck with one or both so basically find other things to care about as this club is dead in the water until they are gone.

Already looking forward to next season and ignoring football all together, maybe this is what they meant by "boring, boring Arsenal". F*cking PLC not a football club. F*cking Spurs will overtake us with their new stadium and ambition, we just have a bunch of corporate bean counters who don't give a f*ck about winning so why the f*ck should we?, stick you overpriced tickets up your Arsenal.

Haha just noticed Chelsea are away at Everton, could easily draw or lose, if Spurs beat us they could be within 1 or 2 points of the top..

:banghead:
Last edited by sk-gtfo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

I've got a six hour round-trip to the airport to drop my daughter off, so there's no way I can watch the game. Usually I'd be furious, but I just want this game to be over (or not happen).

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

sk-gtfo wrote:
SPUDMASHER wrote:God I have never wanted to beat these fuckers more than I do this time.

Honestly who gives a f*ck anymore?, I'd take a 5-0 defeat if Wenger & Kroenke would f*ck off, sadly we're stuck with one or both so basically find other things to care about as this club is dead in the water until they are gone.

Already looking forward to next season and ignoring football all together, maybe this is what they meant by "boring, boring Arsenal". F*cking PLC not a football club. F*cking Spurs will overtake us with their new stadium and ambition, we just have a bunch of corporate bean counters who don't give a f*ck about winning so why the f*ck should we?, stick you overpriced tickets up your Arsenal.

Haha just noticed Chelsea are away at Everton, could easily draw or lose, if Spurs beat us they could be within 1 or 2 points of the top..

:banghead:
That sounds almost like you want it to happen :shock: :shock:

I cannot imagine how awful it would be with all their moronic fans gobbing off about being champions. I think I'd have to leave the country if that happened. Personally I hope Chelsea beat Everton and that the scum choke again. I can't stand Chelsea but if I had to choose between them and the swamp dwelling fucktards it would be a no brainer for me.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Just play it simple and beat them, pressure is on them to perform...
Frustrate the fuck out of them, just as Chelsea did...

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

SPUDMASHER wrote:
That sounds almost like you want it to happen :shock: :shock:

I cannot imagine how awful it would be with all their moronic fans gobbing off about being champions. I think I'd have to leave the country if that happened. Personally I hope Chelsea beat Everton and that the scum choke again. I can't stand Chelsea but if I had to choose between them and the swamp dwelling fucktards it would be a no brainer for me.
I don't want it to happen but in a strange perverse way it might shame and embarrass the board/management enough to get the fans to really get angry with them instead of just grumbling but still buying tickets etc.

The fact we have had to watch Chelsea win the title 5 times since we last won it and now may have to put up with a two way battle between our two most hated rivals in the future should be enough anyway but perhaps gooners need pushing that little bit further to 'go over the edge'.

Personally looking at how poor we've been in relation to Spurs this season I can't see us getting anything out of this game anyway, 4-1 Spurs I reckon, then a good brown holing by CSKA in the FA cup and it becomes impossible for Wenger to sign that contract (surely?) and if he does then Kroenke is the #1 villan (as he already is in reality!).

It's all coming together nicely.. :twisted:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

without wanting to turn this into another WO thread, that contract is already signed. They're just waiting for season ticket renewal deadline to pass before announcing it!

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Allgunsblazin wrote:Just play it simple and beat them, pressure is on them to perform...

Hmmm :rubchin: , only one fatal flaw with that theory.......we ain't Chelsea !!

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Herd wrote:
xisstential wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
Herd wrote:I dont know much about their team . I NEVER watch them read about them or think about them untillbwe play them
I try not to watch them either Herd,shower of :censored:
The problem for us is le bumhole won't know much about them either :oops: unlike his opposite number :rubchin:
When do you EVER watch us and see something different?? When do you ever sit there and marvel or be impressed at how we have come out or set up to counter the oppositions strengths?? Never!! It's the same set up and the same style of play with maybe a slight rotation of players. I bet if you asked Wenger his reply would be...We worry about how we play, not how they play.Breathtakingly arrogant, with delusional faith in his continually failing abilities.

That is why guys like Koeman, Allerdyce, Pulis,Mourinho etc,etc,etc.....have his number. They know exactly what to expect and Wenger never disappoints.

Nowadays very very rarely ,in past years we played maybe 5/10 really good games which kept people hanging on and thinking if only it wasn't for injuries ,pitches,referees etc however the number of good games has got fewer year on year until now where only once this season V Chelsea
at home have we really played great football .
Our system has ALWAYS had flaws but back in the Halcyon days late 90's early 20's we had the players who could adapt and still win.
Now we have players who aren't intelligent enough to vary the style or have the gumption to fight ,couple that with a manager that doesn't
know how to manage people or coach variations on a theme or note the opposition and you have a recipe for disaster .
All our on field problems are systemic ,style of play,lack of structure ,failure to adapt,no team leaders,zonal marking,persisting with players that fail ,lack of motivation its all down to poor management as is our lamentable scouting recruitment and transfer team which is again headed up by wenger .

Not wishing to sound patronising, but that's as good as any post of yours that I've read on here. The analysis is bang on.

As I've said on here before, in any organisation or business, everything comes down to management and that's where the buck stops. It's a joke that people blame "gutless, lazy, pampered" etc etc players. That excuse is acceptable for a game or two and then I expect the management to deal with it. When it becomes an ever-increasing trend, that has been growing for a good 10 years, then the blame lies with mis-management.

He's had 20 years to build a culture and indeed he has.....trouble is, it's a weak, complacent, loser fuelled culture. There are no acceptable excuses.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:Just play it simple and beat them, pressure is on them to perform...

Hmmm :rubchin: , only one fatal flaw with that theory.......we ain't Chelsea !!
:lol: :lol: