The Scum (A) | PL | Sun 30 Apr 16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: The Scum (A) | PL | Sun 30 Apr 16:30

Post by StuartL »

oaodan wrote:
Ray C wrote:
RobG wrote:What summed it up for me, was that bit at the end, where someone crossed from the right and Walcott, with his back to goal, attempted a lay off and it became in effect a clearance out the Spurs box. That was and is where we are at.

:cry: :cry: :fryingpan: :fryingpan: :duh:
He does that sort of thing every week & the prick still to get a game every week !!. We know who keeps on picking him don't we ??. An even bigger prick.
We should have got hammered today by 6 and didn't. This result looks almost decent for Wenger. I still cannot see us winning another game this year. Even Sunderland. :barscarf: :barscarf:
Theo is on 140k a week, Kante is on 110k per week, but Wenger says we couldn't compete with Chelsea for Kante.
Ah yes but we pay Theo that little bit extra with each new contract to reward his loyalty...........and before you know it voila £140k a week :barscarf:

RobG

Post by RobG »

It's a Bank Holiday today, so pretty much silence.

But I reckon come Wednesday we will see our old favourite 'The Great Big Transfer War Chest' rear his familiar old head.

We are targeting, Pele, Maradonna, Ghullitt, Cruyff, Best, Law, Becknbauer and Bobby Charlton along with the ghost of Duncan Edwards.

So there's much to look forward to next season, just get those renewals in - Hurry Hurry !

:dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :high5:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I think the most depressing aspect of all this is that I actually care a lot less this morning than I should do having been royally humped by the vermin and facing months of endless gloating.

Whilst I don't go along with many on here who actively want us to lose, when we do lose I am able to rationalise things and see the bigger picture......and a top 4 finish and an FA Cup win will certainly paper over the cracks and some. I'm not saying that I don't want us to win the cup - I do passionately - but if it doesn't happen and we also end up finishing 5th or 6th, then it won't be the great source of pain to me that it will be for the JCLs and modern fan whose raison d'etre remains the Be All and End All. I've spent more years following Arsenal outside of the EC/CL than I have in it, and I can recall the days when a UEFA Cup run was where it was at

All I really want is for the owner, his appointed few and the manager to piss off. If it takes the sort of shit we saw at the end of Graham's reign - middle table finishes and finishing below the Scum - before they all get bored and fuck off somewhere else then I'll take it every time

Tomáš

Post by Tomáš »

Spurs win Derby: "St. Totteringham's Day" is no longer applicable
http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/intl ... aellt.html
The "St. Totteringham's Day" - the day when Arsenal London will be on the weekend before Tottenham - will not happen in 2017. Because with a deserved 2-0 home defeat the Spurs in the derby forced the arch rival to the knees. It is clear that Tottenham will end this season for the first time in 22 years before the Gunners. At the guests disappointed the offensive around the pale Mesut Özil.

The Spurs, with the Ex-Leverkusener Son in the starting line, released from kick-off: After only a few seconds, Kane tried from an acute angle, Cech grabbed safely. Both teams looked to the front, but then neutralized. A head-ball from home defense Alderweireld to a corner was for a long time the last notable Torraumszene (6th).

In the middle of the first half the householders then increased the number of hits. Alli nodded the ball after a shot from Koscielny still fake Kane shot but gently beside the posts (22.). Three minutes later, a direct take-off from Eriksen jumped from the upper edge of the bar into the goal. As a result, the Spurs again took some pace out of the game. Arsenal, with little to see from world champion Ozil, took a long time, but came close to the end of the second half. Ramsey failed Lloris (38 ') with a striker from Sanchez passing the right post (44'). ).

With the whistle of the second round, Tottenham took the lead again, while Wanyama (48 ') and Son (49) missed the lead, but a little later 1: 0 when Alli made a rebound after a fine advance by Eriksen Rätm was in the net (56). And the Spurs put in immediately, because after a two-man fight between Gabriel Paulista and Kane, referee Michael Oliver pointed to the point. The fouled ran on his own and fell flat into the left corner (58 ').

Arsenal also had an offensive after the bitter double attack, although Giroud (60 ') and Sanchez (62') tried, but both times Lloris secured the leather. In the end, the Spurs were closer to a third goal, as the Gunners the connection. Cech had to put up all his skills against Vertonghen (68th), Kane (77th) and Alderweireld (78th). Tottenham scored another penalty when Sanchez's bullet bounced into the goal-the referee's whistle remained silent (68).

The supporters of Arsenal also waited in vain for the team to get up, and the offensive for Özil & Co. remained largely pale. Thus, nothing changed in the highly-earned homecoming of Tottenham, with which the Spurs for the first time in 22 years again a play time before the Gunners end. And with the ninth league success, the Spurs also continued to expand their club record, while Mauricio Pochettino's protagonists remain unbeaten in front of their home crowd.

And Arsenal? The team from Arsene Wenger have less than six points behind the Champions League in a game, next Sunday (17 clock) the important home game against Manchester United.

Cheers,
Thomas

General

Post by General »

Scum are decent at home. They beat City 3-0 and ended Chelsea's unbeaten run with a 2-0 win so I think the massive overreaction about the result once again misses the big picture. Put Mourinho or Klopp in Wenger's position and they would've simply gone there, played out for a draw and moved on. Yet we kept committing men forward with reckless abandon like we've often done in big games. Wenger's inability to instil concentration and positional discipline in his players mean we were always going to part like the red sea.

Ox rushing to the byline to close off Son and getting beaten with ease is a clear indication of how poorly coached our players are. Theo repeated the same trick against Everton and we conceded directly from Baines' cross. It's baffling how these guys repeating these same elementary mistakes at this level. We are on course to concede 50goals this season, we've already shipped 20more than scum, and that would surely be a record under Wenger.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Out of interest does anybody know when the media campaigns to get Rashford and Kane retrospective bans will be starting?

Two absolutely fucking appalling dives yesterday which were both rewarded but it's ok because they're young English players.

Pundits will have a frothing at the mouth moan about diving generally when it suits them, but then the most flagrant actual offences are met with wry smiles and comments like "not a lot of contact there".

General

Post by General »

The Kane dive was disgusting but I can't even get angry about it because we were appalling and Gabriel was defending like an idiot. How did we allow them to go straight up the other end of the pitch after we've just conceded? The sad part about these pundits is when they say there was contact so it's a penalty.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

General wrote:The Kane dive was disgusting but I can't even get angry about it because we were appalling and Gabriel was defending like an idiot. How did we allow them to go straight up the other end of the pitch after we've just conceded? The sad part about these pundits is when they say there was contact so it's a penalty.
The irony of this is if there is contact and it is a penalty then that must mean any contact anywhere on the pitch is a free kick, funny how that obvious point seems to elude them.... :roll:

General

Post by General »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
General wrote:The Kane dive was disgusting but I can't even get angry about it because we were appalling and Gabriel was defending like an idiot. How did we allow them to go straight up the other end of the pitch after we've just conceded? The sad part about these pundits is when they say there was contact so it's a penalty.
The irony of this is if there is contact and it is a penalty then that must mean any contact anywhere on the pitch is a free kick, funny how that obvious point seems to elude them.... :roll:
Good point. Danny Murphy is such a coont.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Watch the likes of Gareth Bale's goal against Norwich a few years back and it makes a complete mockery of the "any sort of touch at that pace is enough to bring somebody down".

About four players tried to clatter him and he just brushed all of them aside because he knew there was a chance of scoring and he had no interest in going down to win a free kick 45 yards out.

Ronaldo is the same - an absolutely exceptional athlete who you've got no hope of knocking off the ball, but anywhere inside the box he's got the balance of me after 15 pints.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

northbank123 wrote:Out of interest does anybody know when the media campaigns to get Rashford and Kane retrospective bans will be starting?

Two absolutely fucking appalling dives yesterday which were both rewarded but it's ok because they're young English players.

Pundits will have a frothing at the mouth moan about diving generally when it suits them, but then the most flagrant actual offences are met with wry smiles and comments like "not a lot of contact there".
Saw the Manchester United very Swansea report on SSN this morning..They showed the Swansea goal and mentioned in passing that the Utd goal was a penalty..Not a word about Rashford or the dive...later Dermot Gallagher did say it was a dive...

The Knowing One

Post by The Knowing One »

Herd wrote:I feel very sorry for the poor sods who went . The Police simply stood by and watched whilst anyone identified was set upon by the hoards as soon as they left the ground .Some getting attacked at the exit doors where there was no protection whatsoever. Later they attacked the Blackstock and Twelve Pins again with impunity.
Par for the course these days Herd, a far cry from 1980s when a stroll down from Seven Sisters could be described as interesting

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Mane for Citeh won a penalty by putting himself across a defender, and although our defender did foul Kane, the cheating *word censored* made sure he put his leg across the defender to ensure he got the penalty, so it should have bee a yellow card to Kane for cheating! And an IDFK to us....

Herd

Post by Herd »

The Knowing One wrote:
Herd wrote:I feel very sorry for the poor sods who went . The Police simply stood by and watched whilst anyone identified was set upon by the hoards as soon as they left the ground .Some getting attacked at the exit doors where there was no protection whatsoever. Later they attacked the Blackstock and Twelve Pins again with impunity.
Par for the course these days Herd, a far cry from 1980s when a stroll down from Seven Sisters could be described as interesting
Im more than aware of how it is i normally go with 4 or 5 old grizzlies and we never have a problem but this one was worse than usual. The Police there are totally clueless .

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Herd wrote:
The Knowing One wrote:
Im more than aware of how it is i normally go with 4 or 5 old grizzlies and we never have a problem but this one was worse than usual. The Police there are totally clueless .
Perhaps I am being cynical or bad minded, but seeing as this was the last NLD at the toilet - Those responsible for policing/security at and outside the ground thought it would be okay to be Lax and allow their fans whom were most likely to be celebrating a win a last opportunity to vent their frustrations of the last 20 years with a free hand.

What I saw of Robbie on AFTV being racially abused etc was not good. Regardless of what people may think of AFTV - because he is now a 'known' face - Had the plod not been there he would have got stomped.

What is annoying is that when the scum to the bowl - they come and go with very little hassle. That needs to change.

As for kane's dive - Gabriel should have known he would go down at the hint of any contact - and the ref bought it lock, stock and everything else.

I think the club (scum club) have some explaining to do, whether anyone will call them on it is doubtful, you would think that Arsenal FC with all its clout etc would; if they cared about their fans that is, ask the sum to explain how and why it was allowed to happen.

Yeah I know..and pigs might fly. :roll: