Silver

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Allgunsblazin

Re: Silver

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Email received on Tuesday membership renewals 18/5/17, if they attacked defences as quick as they raid yer piggy bank we would be top every season..... :shock:

augie

Post by augie »

I received my e-mail about renewing too :roll:

Quick question for ye ............ if all these red members are getting "promoted" to silver memberships, how will it affect the existing silver members ? Silver members are given priority when applying for tickets, but will there now be more silver members, and if so will it mean that I wont get tickets whenever I want ? :?

I gave up my season tickets 3 years ago and vowed that I will not return until wenger is gone, but I would like to think that when that day comes I will be able to start attending matches again where possible

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

augie wrote:I received my e-mail about renewing too :roll:

Quick question for ye ............ if all these red members are getting "promoted" to silver memberships, how will it affect the existing silver members ? Silver members are given priority when applying for tickets, but will there now be more silver members, and if so will it mean that I wont get tickets whenever I want ? :?

I gave up my season tickets 3 years ago and vowed that I will not return until wenger is gone, but I would like to think that when that day comes I will be able to start attending matches again where possible
I thought there was a limit on Silver memberships, and only became available when silvers took ST's or they just went back to red if they did not renew, cannot remember how many though?
Had the offers of ST's but always declined them, too much dosh for too little in return, God we need change and fast, always available should you need a ticket mate, you can actually transfer a ticket without the need of the card, which was only open to Platinum and Golds....
Another thing to consider me old China, that ST's are not being taken up therefore releasing a few more Golds to the Silvers, and with the same privilege of transferring tix to avoid empty seats...
The emphasis of late is on empty seats, as it is not good publicity for the club...
My thoughts entirely....

REB

Post by REB »

renewed mine this morning , i really dont know why because i dont need it , i get tickets from the local supporters club when i need and have only used my membership twice :|

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

REB wrote:renewed mine this morning , i really dont know why because i dont need it , i get tickets from the local supporters club when i need and have only used my membership twice :|
Renewed last night, didn't use it this season and won't use it until le fraud f**ks off but can't bring
Myself to get rid of it. All this shit will end eventually and I'll be back

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

greengooner wrote:
REB wrote:renewed mine this morning , i really dont know why because i dont need it , i get tickets from the local supporters club when i need and have only used my membership twice :|
Renewed last night, didn't use it this season and won't use it until le fraud f**ks off but can't bring

My thoughts exactly

augie

Post by augie »

greengooner wrote:

That's why I am wondering if they are increasing the number of silver members - most silver members are renewing but not bothering to actually purchase tickets, so offering silver memberships to red members with the lure of guaranteed match tickets will be easy obligation to meet, and the club will rake in extra membership cash in the process :rubchin:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I've not heard that they're increasing the number of Silvers.

My renewal notice said that if I didn't do so before 1st June then I would be demoted to a red member for any late renewal. Maybe this is the way they are giving more red members the chance to become silver members.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Didn't spot this thread until now......just posted in the Wenger thread that I've been "upgraded" to silver but having read this it seems everyone else has too :lol:

Do you get a different membership card for silver or keep the same old bad boy I've had since day 1?

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:Didn't spot this thread until now......just posted in the Wenger thread that I've been "upgraded" to silver but having read this it seems everyone else has too :lol:

Do you get a different membership card for silver or keep the same old bad boy I've had since day 1?

There goes the whole neighbourhood now - rodders will automatically devalue the place :( :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
rodders999 wrote:Didn't spot this thread until now......just posted in the Wenger thread that I've been "upgraded" to silver but having read this it seems everyone else has too :lol:

There goes the whole neighbourhood now - rodders will automatically devalue the place :( :wink:
:lol: :lol:

Shame he was only 3 days too late to get the special edition "Natalie Sawyer" card. :( Had the cool 1930's Arsenal crest on the front and a sweet pic of her naked as fuck with legs akimbo on the reverse. :-P

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Silver as in 2nd..what le bulbeye would sign up to for the next 20yrs..

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:

:lol:

Agreed, desperate times when they're trying to flog a silver to me for sure. I thought it would be an advantage but if there's now 2 million silvers what's the point? As others have said it's probably a ploy to get 50 quid for membership as opposed to 30 odd or whatever it was.

I became red sometime around 2004/5 and joined the ST waiting list at the same time. Got offered a ST back in 2012 but kindly declined and told the nice lady to contact me again the minute sh1t for brains was out the gap.

So 13 years waiting for silver despite knowing others who got one within 5 or 6, christ knows what the criteria is :roll:

All in all a tad disappointing if they're now flogging them to everyone, I thought it would all but guarantee me a ticket to every game when demand and interest peaks again when you know who finally F's off.

Ah well.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Well they would need to laminate that card to within an inch of its life DB10 because I would be splashing out on it like nobody's business 8)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Well they would need to laminate that card to within an inch of its life DB10 because I would be splashing out on it like nobody's business 8)