The Emirates Cup is back.........yay

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

The Emirates Cup is back.........yay

Post by StuartL »

Thanks to popular demand the pre season spectacular known as the Emirates Cup is back

Who could forget the unforgettable memories that this tournament has given us like

Sanogo scoring 4 goals from a combined range of 2 feet, :barscarf:

This summers wonderful event features the world renowned talents from Benfica, Sevilla and Leipzig.

Look forward to seeing our new signings Mbappe, Lacazette, etc etc (or possibly Cohen Bramell' s debut )

Best book tickets now as this is the hottest show in town before its too late

Allgunsblazin

Re: The Emirates Cup is back.........yay

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Funny :lol:

Weeman.... 8)

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Emirates cup= Image

NickF

Post by NickF »

I see we also have a pre-season friendly against Bayern, as least we will get the humilation over early next season...

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Meh. This just won't be the same without Wilshere setting the football world alight... just before he does his calf in... :roll:

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

You miserable shits!

What exactly is wrong with a couple of pre-season friendlies being played over a weekend? The teams may not be stellar and the crowd may be made up of tourists, and parents with kids, but so what?

Personally I go each year with my elderly dad as it's a chance to get him to a game in a friendly atmosphere and in usually decent weather. Many parents take their kids as a way for them to see their heroes for half the price of a normal ticket, plus you get two matches and a chance to see some top European players get a run out (I refer to other teams players not the dog shit we have playing for us at the moment).

Everyone knows it's just a knock around, but would you rather have a kickabout with Celtic, Rangers, PSG, Real Madrid, Valencia, Lyon, etc or another friendly at Barnet?

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

i just blew my lid :barscarf:

REB

Post by REB »

cheap tickets, full stadium, lots of families , nothing wrong with it plus i was there when sanogo scored 4 and my 8 year still says he was the best player she ever saw :D

Clash

Post by Clash »

StuartL wrote:Thanks to popular demand the pre season spectacular known as the Emirates Cup is back

Who could forget the unforgettable memories that this tournament has given us like

Sanogo scoring 4 goals from a combined range of 2 feet, :barscarf:

This summers wonderful event features the world renowned talents from Benfica, Sevilla and Leipzig.

Look forward to seeing our new signings Mbappe, Lacazette, etc etc (or possibly Cohen Bramell' s debut )

Best book tickets now as this is the hottest show in town before its too late
haha that made me laugh :D :D

There is no striker in world football who is more deadly from half a yard :barscarf:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Kingralph wrote:You miserable shits!

What exactly is wrong with a couple of pre-season friendlies being played over a weekend? The teams may not be stellar and the crowd may be made up of tourists, and parents with kids, but so what?

Personally I go each year with my elderly dad as it's a chance to get him to a game in a friendly atmosphere and in usually decent weather. Many parents take their kids as a way for them to see their heroes for half the price of a normal ticket, plus you get two matches and a chance to see some top European players get a run out (I refer to other teams players not the dog shit we have playing for us at the moment).

Everyone knows it's just a knock around, but would you rather have a kickabout with Celtic, Rangers, PSG, Real Madrid, Valencia, Lyon, etc or another friendly at Barnet?
Another friendly at Barnet.

Fuck high profile friendlies.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Kingralph wrote:You miserable shits!

Just like the early rounds of the League Cup, I agree it is good for a weekend of footie for the people who shy away from beer fuelled dickheads and enjoy it for what it is...
Arsenal are the only club to put this on, and has been one of the very few better ideas they have come up with...

And as for you hardcore! You can fuck off down to Margate and ave it out on the beach, just don't forget your water wings when you go for a dip wiv yer knotted hankies on yer spamheads!.... :box: :box: :lol:

The Knowing One

Post by The Knowing One »

This has the potential to be a massive damp squib, or the start of an 'exciting new era' all of course depending on who the manager is

Sean

Post by Sean »

I look forward to seeing the mighty S4nogo (sic) play again and the greatest player to come out of Japan, Takuma Asano! I'm polishing my knob at the prospect 8)

I also look forward to the chorus of TO1AW accompanied by the Mexican Wave to support our continuing Lord and Master! Selflessly raking in £10M per season, by that time, to once again try to win the PL with our beautiful sideways football against the other 19 financially doped oil money clubs.

Days like these are why we bulldozed Highbury :barscarf:

:suicide:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The Emirates Cup - or as its better known The Armoury Rip-Off, as its the day when the tourists and mug punters like Ty get to splash out £70 quid or so on the latest tacky piece of sweatshop produced shit with the name of our latest signing (Remy perhaps this year) emblazoned on the back.

Those Europa League patches will look great in the Summer sunshine too

I'd rather watch minor counties cricket or the boat race than this fucking shit

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

If anyone thinks We show very little passion in meaningful league and cup matches then they are in for a real treat with this 2 day snooze fest.

:barscarf: