Manure (H) | PL | Sun 7 May 16:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Manure (H) | PL | Sun 7 May 16:00

Post by DB10GOONER »

As much as I don't rate Ramsey he did ok yesterday. Not MOTM in a million years but he mostly kept it simple and his movement was mostly quite good. Credit where it's due.

Thought Kos was MOTM. Soaked up everything that came near him.

Thought Sanchez was again just pure shite. There's no doubting he's a top player and our best player, but his form is terrible at the moment. Yeah yeah yeah he runs around a lot still (yippee!!) but there is no final product from him at all. And he was owned by their 15 year old defender, Tuanzebe. :oops: Interesting that no one is having a pop at him for all the time he spent on the ground complaining to the ref... must be just a Giroud thing, huh? :rubchin: :D :wink:

Ozil did ok. Held the ball well and passed neatly enough but ultimately he didn't really contribute much at all. I reckon both Ozil and Sanchez are gone this summer, which is a shame because a top manager would get so much more from both of them. :|

The Ox was ok too. Had a few really good runs but as usual with almost no end product - until he put in the perfect cross for Welbeck. Somewhere buried deep inside the Ox is a top player trying to get out. Another one that a top manager would get a lot more from.

Good finish from Welbeck but it would have been harder to miss. Apart from his goal Welbeck was terrible. Chased nothing down. Terrible terrible first touch for a pro. Won nothing in the air. But at least he tried to move the manure defenders around and can't fault his effort there at all. When Giroud came on all that movement just ceased dead. :roll: Neither Welbeck or Giroud are the right striker to play that lone striker role and neither are PL Title winning material.

Holding was solid apart from one clanger back pass. Would like to see him get a good run of games.

It was a strange game, first half was so boring and poor and we never looked really threatened by let's be honest the manure duds and kids, but we never looked like destroying them either.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:Modern football is weird. People praying for champions league qualification to ease fixture congestion instead of going into the europa and competing in a competition we can actually win.

Top 4, last 16 elimination. Rinse repeat. Yawn
Exactly what i was thinking

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

flash gunner wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:Modern football is weird. People praying for champions league qualification to ease fixture congestion instead of going into the europa and competing in a competition we can actually win.

And the "we can only attract players with Champions League football". Yes, thank god Gabriel and the like didn't turn us down! :roll: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:

Ditto. :|

herbert

Post by herbert »

Maureen tried his best to suffocate us but we got a bit of luck with the goal and then the great work from the ox putting it on a plate for Danny,game over.

I thought Ramsey played well and he looked a lot sharper but the ox was my M,O,M

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

I have to make an admission and DB10 will cane me for this (I haven't hidden my somewhat virulent anti Ramsey views !), but that was Ramsey's best game for us since his "golden 3 months" at the end of 2013.

Still, the Sun even shines on a dog's arse occasionally. 8)

Swifty

Post by Swifty »

DB10GOONER wrote: Thought Sanchez was again just pure shite....... And he was owned by their 15 year old defender, Tuanzebe. :oops:
The young fella made him look very old! Impressive performance by the youngster.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Swifty wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote: Thought Sanchez was again just pure shite....... And he was owned by their 15 year old defender, Tuanzebe. :oops:
The young fella made him look very old! Impressive performance by the youngster.
Didn't Phil Neville pick Sanchez as his man of the match? Ramsey was OK in the second half..but watch the adulation go to his head again..

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Bradywasking wrote:
Swifty wrote:
Didn't Phil Neville pick Sanchez as his man of the match? Ramsey was OK in the second half..but watch the adulation go to his head again..

When Ramsey passes and moves he looks a good player. When he starts to think he's Iniesta he's a twat.

I though Monreal did well as the third centreback.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:As much as I don't rate Ramsey he did ok yesterday. Not MOTM in a million years but he mostly kept it simple and his movement was mostly quite good. Credit where it's due.

Thought Sanchez was again just pure shite. There's no doubting he's a top player and our best player, but his form is terrible at the moment. Yeah yeah yeah he runs around a lot still (yippee!!) but there is no final product from him at all. And he was owned by their 15 year old defender, Tuanzebe. :oops: Interesting that no one is having a pop at him for all the time he spent on the ground complaining to the ref... must be just a Giroud thing, huh? :rubchin: :D :wink:

Ozil did ok. Held the ball well and passed neatly enough but ultimately he didn't really contribute much at all. I reckon both Ozil and Sanchez are gone this summer, which is a shame because a top manager would get so much more from both of them. :|

The Ox was ok too. Had a few really good runs but as usual with almost no end product - until he put in the perfect cross for Welbeck. Somewhere buried deep inside the Ox is a top player trying to get out. Another one that a top manager would get a lot more from.

Good finish from Welbeck but it would have been harder to miss. Apart from his goal Welbeck was terrible. Chased nothing down. Terrible terrible first touch for a pro. Won nothing in the air. But at least he tried to move the manure defenders around and can't fault his effort there at all. When Giroud came on all that movement just ceased dead. :roll: Neither Welbeck or Giroud are the right striker to play that lone striker role and neither are PL Title winning material.

Holding was solid apart from one clanger back pass. Would like to see him get a good run of games.

It was a strange game, first half was so boring and poor and we never looked really threatened by let's be honest the manure duds and kids, but we never looked like destroying them either.

I couldn't watch the game live and could only see the highlights on motd sunday night so I cant speak for the full 90+ minutes, but I cannot agree with that based on what I seen - in the first half sanchez fed through 3 world class passes that very few players can see, much less actually do it. That we didn't score from any of them (ramsey was on the end of 2 of them) shouldn't detract from the quality of the passes from a guy that does frequently lose possession cheaply. Many Gooners (not just you DB10) have lauded ozil in the past - they have done so, not because of the 90 mins of commitment he showed, but rather for the few top quality contributions that he made in the game, and I would say that sanchez very much should be viewed in the same way based on last Sunday's first half at least 8)

I'm amazed at your analysis tbh - I know that you are not a sanchez fan and tbh I can understand why, but his passes through their defence in the first half, make a mockery of your "no final product" comment :shock:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Personally I thought Sanchez had one of his worst games in an arsenal shirt. The kid at right back cruised through the match and every time Sanchez got the ball he lost it.

Can't remember the three world class passes Augie is referring to, was only half watching some of the start of the game.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:As much as I don't rate Ramsey he did ok yesterday. Not MOTM in a million years but he mostly kept it simple and his movement was mostly quite good. Credit where it's due.

I couldn't watch the game live and could only see the highlights on motd sunday night so I cant speak for the full 90+ minutes, but I cannot agree with that based on what I seen - in the first half sanchez fed through 3 world class passes that very few players can see, much less actually do it. That we didn't score from any of them (ramsey was on the end of 2 of them) shouldn't detract from the quality of the passes from a guy that does frequently lose possession cheaply. Many Gooners (not just you DB10) have lauded ozil in the past - they have done so, not because of the 90 mins of commitment he showed, but rather for the few top quality contributions that he made in the game, and I would say that sanchez very much should be viewed in the same way based on last Sunday's first half at least 8)

I'm amazed at your analysis tbh - I know that you are not a sanchez fan and tbh I can understand why, but his passes through their defence in the first half, make a mockery of your "no final product" comment :shock:
Sorry augie buddy but your entire post is horseshit :horseshite: :D

You admit you only watched highlights. Well by their very nature highlights won't show how shit he was. He was terrible. The 12 year old right back owned him ffs. The 3 passes you call "world class" I'd call "good efforts" but two were a touch too heavy for anyone to do much with. Still I agree he expertly picked out the opening for the passes even if the execution was a touch heavy. He has that vision and when he's on form he'd nail those passes to perfection.

No idea where you got the notion that I'm not a Sanchez fan? I've repeatedly stated on here he is our best player (I even say it in the post you quoted ffs! :lol: ) but unlike the agenda monkeys on here I can separate fact from liking (or hating) a player and when he's shit I'll call him shit. He has been mostly shit for weeks now. Doesn't mean he is not a great player but rather just going through a patch of terrible form. Add to that the fact he is doing a stunning Giroud impression of lying on the ground complaining every time he gets tackled. Can't fault his effort though. And the top players will often bounce back into form by just keeping up the same effort. Hopefully he will.

As for Ozil, same thing. When he's good I'll say he's good and when he's shit I'll say he's shit. Against Manure he was kind of... indifferent. Did the basics well, kept possession and was tidy enough in his passing, but looked disinterested and created nothing.
northbank123 wrote:Personally I thought Sanchez had one of his worst games in an arsenal shirt. The kid at right back cruised through the match and every time Sanchez got the ball he lost it.

Can't remember the three world class passes Augie is referring to, was only half watching some of the start of the game.
That sums up Sanchez's performance totally tbh.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Sanchez has been off form for a few weeks, yet still contributes more than most. He takes more chances than others, who prefer to hide and play it safe.

Holding looks good although the back three thing is Wenger being Wenger and not really having a long term plan. Chamberlain would have to improve his sense of defending to make this position work.

Ramsey and Xhaka, Good against a feeble man u...otherwise, big gaping holes.

And have Giroud and Walcott gone? :lol:

Clash

Post by Clash »

After their disgraceful no-show at the Emirates ... I wanted Man United out tonight more than ever! Which is a lot!

And fuck ... did they come close. Literally the last kick of the game in the 96th minute should have put them out. Tragically it wasnt a kick ... but a mis-kick.

How the hell that player missed an open goal I will never know ... he only had to direct the ball towards the empty net from 8 yards

A real shame as Mourinho was as nervous as I've ever seen him ... kissing his watch etc.

Come on AJAX! :barscarf: