Why did the Emirates move cause us to buy kids

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mariad

Re: Why did the Emirates move cause us to buy kids

Post by mariad »

A white lie as i would say it.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Rugby Gooner wrote:Because the whole premise of the move from Highbury to the Bowl was,in my opinion,sold to the supporters on a fucking lie. :twisted: :banghead:
And not just a little white lie,not a little fib,a lie that changed the course and history of the whole fucking club,and most of us were sold hook line and sinker,how many thought after 2004 we'd kick on and compete with Europe's elite instead of that wan<er being found out big time and us going so far backwards.......

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

The question of should/shouldn't we move aside, the decision to move When and How we did was an extremely poor one.
Had we waited another decade we would have:
A) reaped the riches from the crazy TV money etc anyway, allowing us retain the sacred top 4 place. We'd have done no worse at Highbury.
B) possibly avoided the interest of the leach Kroenke
C) Learnt from rival stadiums and built a far better stadium down the line, allowing a more intimidating atmosphere which the team loved to play - and so giving us more home victories. As it is the Soulless Emirates is the prototype other ambitious teams will learn from (i.e. this is how not to do it)
D) Built the stadium more cheaply as we'd get far more now in naming rights (if we had to go down that route again) than the crappy "we want to own everything for 20 years - here's enough for one world class player" deal Emirates gave us.

shu

Post by shu »

When we moved 120 years of Arsenal died overnight .