Cup Final pubs and who's sitting where thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jamiew0903

Re: Cup Final pubs and who's sitting where thread.

Post by Jamiew0903 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Jamiew0903 wrote:Everyone gonna be round the Baker St area?

Also, only managed to get tickets in club Wembley (prawn sandwich brigade) arsenal side want to swap for lower tier?
:rubchin:

Jamie, do you currently, or have you ever, worn a blue jersey with a gay old lion on the crest? :rubchin:
My dad is & my mum is a Y*d, fortunately my uncle saved me...

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Jamiew0903 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Also, only managed to get tickets in club Wembley (prawn sandwich brigade) arsenal side want to swap for lower tier?

Jamie, do you currently, or have you ever, worn a blue jersey with a gay old lion on the crest? :rubchin:
Fair play mate, think you will find Chavs up Baker street very early as well.......

Jamiew0903

Post by Jamiew0903 »

Redarmy wrote:
Jamiew0903 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Fair play mate, think you will find Chavs up Baker street very early as well.......
Cheers! was planning to go Islington but weren't sure if it was worth stopping off Baker St/Marylebone

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

We are going to the volunteer in Baker Street for lunch, then don't expect to get into the globe but will check out the wetherspoons in Baker Street station as its likely to be the pub for most gooners en route to Wembley. There will be thousands coming through Baker Street. Our pub options at Wembley are truly woeful this year.

If the Wetherspoons is rammed full of chavs. The we will go to any boozer in Finchley Road where for sure there will be a lot more gooners.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

nut flush gooner wrote:We are going to the volunteer in Baker Street for lunch, then don't expect to get into the globe but will check out the wetherspoons in Baker Street station as its likely to be the pub for most gooners en route to Wembley. There will be thousands coming through Baker Street. Our pub options at Wembley are truly woeful this year.

If the Wetherspoons is rammed full of chavs. The we will go to any boozer in Finchley Road where for sure there will be a lot more gooners.
TAKE THE GLOBE

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:We are going to the volunteer in Baker Street for lunch, then don't expect to get into the globe but will check out the wetherspoons in Baker Street station as its likely to be the pub for most gooners en route to Wembley. There will be thousands coming through Baker Street. Our pub options at Wembley are truly woeful this year.

Only pub on Finchley Road is the North Star, which is a dump and the landlord's a Spurs fan.
The area is shite for pubs.

Many of the Arsenal pubs for the City Semi were changing £10 to get in and your were given a rank burger.
Was a joke as the pubs looked half empty.

Unfortunately, I'm heading to Wembley as my friends are heading that way. Any recommendation for pubs who aren't charging an entrance fee??

If it was up to me, I'd go to Marylebone st. Some good pubs in the area and you avoid Wembley way by getting the overground from Marylebone st.

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:Gutted Baker Street will be a Chelski hangout, much better option than going to Wembley. Drinking around Arsenal means a long tube journey with a load of beer down you, not good after 10 pints!

I wish Red Action would get their finger out, they used to hire a bar on the Finchley Road which was great for Wembley matches. But they don't seem interested in anything other than the Rocket these days.
That pub they chose - the Walkabout - closed down a few years back. Area is shite for pubs sadly.
One option is the Railway near west hampstead station.
Spurs usually take over that pub, so hopefully it will be an Arsenal pub tomorrow.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

Toss up between not watching at all or going to a gooner pub.

The only tickets I've been offered were club Wembley ones at work. A thrashing in posh seats is still a thrashing.

Does anyone know if any of the gooner pubs around Highbury are charging tomorrow,not too keen on the 12pins.

nut flush gooner

LaughingGooner wrote:

Only pub on Finchley Road is the North Star, which is a dump and the landlord's a Spurs fan.

Many of the Arsenal pubs for the City Semi were changing £10 to get in and your were given a rank burger.

Unfortunately, I'm heading to Wembley as my friends are heading that way. Any recommendation for pubs who aren't charging an entrance fee??

If it was up to me, I'd go to Marylebone st. Some good pubs in the area and you avoid Wembley way by getting the overground from Marylebone st.
Yeah I hear you, for me the only real option then is the Wetherspoons Baker Street. The chavs will be lording it up at the Globe. I can see there being loads of gooners in there, at least the beers are cheaper.

Wembley really isn't an option, nearly every arsenal bar that isn't pay to get in is tiny. Marylebone will be a chav stronghold too its just up the road from paddington.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

A shame that the Chavs are likely to take the Globe - it will be good outside there in this sun.

I'm not at the match so will be at the Rocket- the Red Action lot are a bit annoying but there is a decent courtyard for pre match drinking.

nut flush gooner

LaughingGooner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:Gutted Baker Street will be a Chelski hangout, much better option than going to Wembley. Drinking around Arsenal means a long tube journey with a load of beer down you, not good after 10 pints!

I wish Red Action would get their finger out, they used to hire a bar on the Finchley Road which was great for Wembley matches. But they don't seem interested in anything other than the Rocket these days.
That pub they chose - the Walkabout - closed down a few years back. Area is shite for pubs sadly.
One option is the Railway near west hampstead station.
Spurs usually take over that pub, so hopefully it will be an Arsenal pub tomorrow.
Yeah I have seen the place, looks a bit pricey beers wise though. I don't expect any chavs to get that way, Hampstead is an Arsenal area.

Just pray we get the Wetherspoons then, it could be quite lively in there and any chavs can fuck off to the globe.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

LaughingGooner wrote:

The Wetherspoons in the O2 centre on Finchley Road used to be a convenient pre-Wembley location. I mean it's fundamentally a Wetherspoons in a shopping centre so amend your expectations accordingly, but cheap with quick service and a good atmosphere.

Went there before the Hull final and it was a decent pre-match venue before heading for a few cans outside Wembley to soak up the 'atmosphere' and watch the simple Northerners try and cope with the bright lights.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:A shame that the Chavs are likely to take the Globe - it will be good outside there in this sun.

I'm not at the match so will be at the Rocket- the Red Action lot are a bit annoying but there is a decent courtyard for pre match drinking.
A bit "annoying" they're a bunch of tossbagcunts. :box: :banghead: :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

Alsopp Arms baker street confirmed arsenal pub. Only gooners allowed in. Come over if anyone is around!

Herd

Post by Herd »

I watched it in the Iford arms ,met some local gooners and some Bournemouth bods who supported us for the day cos of wilshere ! Great afternoon !