Southampton (A) | PL | Wed 10 May 19:45

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Sean

Southampton (A) | PL | Wed 10 May 19:45

Post by Sean »

Will Southampton tear us a new arsehole again, or will we rob a victory to keep The Old Fraud in his job and a chance of the VT?

Two shite sides; shite game 8)

sk-gtfo

Re: Southampton (A) | PL | Wed 10 May 19:45

Post by sk-gtfo »

Yes it will be back down to earth again for the flippers (flopppers?!) after our epic 2-0 win against the mighty Manchester United in the clash of the titans.

Also Wenger has now beaten Mourinho (once) surely enough justification for the AKB's and our incompetent old farts (board) to give him a new deal!.

:roll: :banghead:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Watched them today at Liverpool and very little danger of them putting 3 or 4 past us, but they will (as always) be hard for us to break down and I wouldn't back us to win.

I'll go 1-1.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

northbank123 wrote:Watched them today at Liverpool and very little danger of them putting 3 or 4 past us, but they will (as always) be hard for us to break down and I wouldn't back us to win.

I'll go 1-1.
They (Southampton) were doing this mad thing today...they called it defending..Juventus do it also...Arsenal jaded after the heroics of today..draw at best..

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

These lot can defend, we can't..They have a quality keeper,we don't..our record down there (win against their reserves in the cup apart)is shite :oops:
Defeat or at best a draw.Game will be a pile of shite :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Game will be a drab end of season affair. Players may believe if they can finish well then it will rectify the ills of December to April. Build up some confidence for the final. Let's hope so. I'd absolutely love it if we could finish above Liverpool.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Another 3 points for Arsene FC..... :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Nos89 wrote:Game will be a drab end of season affair. Players may believe if they can finish well then it will rectify the ills of December to April. Build up some confidence for the final. Let's hope so. I'd absolutely love it if we could finish above Liverpool.
And there it is...everything that is wrong with our fanbase. Finish above Liverpool means Top 4 and we all know what that means...... That's the problem with the modern Arsenal fan...they want to beat everybody, yet they want Wenger to go...Well they kinda do, if he gets Top 4, he can stay, he deserves another shot, after all is 20 years really enough time???

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

xisstential wrote:
Nos89 wrote:Game will be a drab end of season affair. Players may believe if they can finish well then it will rectify the ills of December to April. Build up some confidence for the final. Let's hope so. I'd absolutely love it if we could finish above Liverpool.
And there it is...everything that is wrong with our fanbase. Finish above Liverpool means Top 4 and we all know what that means...... That's the problem with the modern Arsenal fan...they want to beat everybody, yet they want Wenger to go...Well they kinda do, if he gets Top 4, he can stay, he deserves another shot, after all is 20 years really enough time???

Arsenal Wenger has instilled this belief that competing for the top 4 is what it is all about for Arsenal. He has persuaded everyone to believe that teams can only compete for the title that have billionaires as owners ( glossing over the fact that we actually have two, and quietly forgetting Leicester last season...)

For me yesterday was just an end of season kick about between 2 mediocre sides. for the AKBs this was a massive match!

Had an AKB text me to say that he was absolutely buzzing and that top 4 was on! :oops:
Arsenal FC 2017

Herd

Post by Herd »

Despite the fact I want TOF gone I want us to win this one and I hate to say it I would love us to get a CL spot as I dread the Europa which we are in come hell or high water !
The 45 million squid doesn't hurt either !
I've always believed that if we dont qualify for CL they will simply spend even less than we currently do !

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Herd wrote:Despite the fact I want TOF gone I want us to win this one and I hate to say it I would love us to get a CL spot as I dread the Europa which we are in come hell or high water !
I've always believed that if we dont qualify for CL they will simply spend even less than we currently do !
As long as he keeps us in CL, as long as that money keeps coming is, his position is safe. I'm not saying they will necessarily bomb him after his first year of missing out, but it won't help his cause. Also he won't attract the players. If he makes Top 4 this year they will be singing his praises from the rooftops and no one in the media will be anti him. And next season will be worse and the one after that, even worse. He is a spent force, a busted flush, I don't care who he buys, he will not be able to manage nor control them. There is even more money being poured into the PL now and more & more managers are going to overtake him. It's absolute incredible how everyone around us seemingly conspire to let him back in. Liverpool & Man.U should have been out of sight by now.....

NickF

Post by NickF »

Herd wrote:Despite the fact I want TOF gone I want us to win this one and I hate to say it I would love us to get a CL spot as I dread the Europa which we are in come hell or high water !
You must see that is contradictory, if we get a CL spot there is literally no chance Wenger will go.

Herd

Post by Herd »

xisstential wrote:
As long as he keeps us in CL, as long as that money keeps coming is, his position is safe. I'm not saying they will necessarily bomb him after his first year of missing out, but it won't help his cause. Also he won't attract the players. If he makes Top 4 this year they will be singing his praises from the rooftops and no one in the media will be anti him. And next season will be worse and the one after that, even worse. He is a spent force, a busted flush, I don't care who he buys, he will not be able to manage nor control them. There is even more money being poured into the PL now and more & more managers are going to overtake him. It's absolute incredible how everyone around us seemingly conspire to let him back in. Liverpool & Man.U should have been out of sight by now.....
I'm painfully aware of this X ,the thought of him smugging us off if he gets 4th ,fills me with dread but I do think it's more about the money with Stan .
If the tills keep ringing then he is safe.
One thing that even the Bean counters cannot have missed yesterday was the thousands of empty seats ,unthinkable for this fixture you would have thought . Scarier for the Club was that a lot of the vacant seats were in the Club level which have been paid for . If you cant wheel the coporates out for this then they may not renew ,likewise a lot of boxes were empty too. The Top paying seats could act as a bell weather for the rest of the stadium ,if they dont renew there will be trouble .

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

xisstential wrote:
What is wrong with you????
Stating I'd love it if we could finish above Liverpool has nothing to do wenger staying or going, or top 4 as they could still finish 6th and finishing 5th above them would be a joy, given that the spurs will finally finish above us. We all know you're a Liverpool supporter as you always throw your wenger fanbase shite dummy out the pram every time a poster wants Arsenal to win or finish above a certain club, especially Liverpool. I always enjoy finishing above Liverpool and spurs more than any other clubs. Nothing to do with wenger.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

NickF wrote:
You must see that is contradictory, if we get a CL spot there is literally no chance Wenger will go.
Even if we got relegated, (which a lot of posters on here would apparently love to see) he'd still get a new contract to get us back up, stability etc...