Sunderland (H) | PL | Tue 16 May 19:45

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
flash gunner

Re: Sunderland (H) | PL | Tue 16 May 19:45

Post by flash gunner »

gp543 wrote:Ozil created 12 chances tonight, which is a Premier League record. Nice stuff.

Getting Ozil to fancy this dead rubber is Wengers greatest ever achievement

:banghead:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
The club announced the attendance as 59,510. It's time for the PL to clamp down on this bullshit.

In this case it is an even bigger lie than normal..Counting unused season tickets as sold seats isn't a correct measure of the actual attendance but it isn't uncommon either.
However last night there were thousands of empty seats after tickets had gone on general sale..Surely general sale cannot come from season tickets , it has to come from poor uptake from silver and red members..So it begs the question of how the club can come up with an attendance figure of 59,510..?
If the club announce it as 'Tonights attendance is .........' then it has to be bordering on illegal for health and safety purposes? If there was a major fire they have to account for 59000+ people when there are only 35-40000 in the ground!! You'd think that they would have to change the wording to 'We have sold 59000 tickets for this game tonight.....' :rubchin: :roll: :banghead:

NickF

Post by NickF »

Ray C wrote:WALCOTT :box: :cussing:
Another stuff up in the couple of minutes he was on the field. Waste of time, space & money.
Welbeck & Iwobi looked lively when they came on & should start Sunday v Toffees. I agree with all the previous posts praising Pickford, what a future awaits this young keeper - wish it was with us !. :barscarf: :barscarf:
I really try to support the players, but what does Welbeck do other than "look lively"?
He is sh*t, a complete waste of money that could have been used to get a decent striker.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Clash wrote:Not only is Alan Parry a :censored: ... he is one of those :censored: that tries to cover up his own mistakes. And there are plenty of those as he has always been a really shit commentator.

A case in point tonight:

Late in the game with Sanchez on a hat-trick, the ball is played through to a lone Arsenal player nearing the edge of the Sunderland box.

Parry squeals excitedly in that high-pitched nasal voice:

''And that's a lovely ball to Sanchez ''

Except it wasn't Sanchez, it was Walcott :roll: Fair enough we all make mistakes, so just be a man and correct it.

But oh no!

Cue classic Alan Parry:

'' And Walcott's there as well '' :roll: :roll:

As well as who, Alan? There wasn't anyone else there! You're rubbish and you're a fraud!

That's why he likes Wenger, Clash, peas in a pod.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Absolutely right mate :) I also think people like Parry try to align themselves with people like Wenger because they think it makes them look more intelligent.

A sort of narcissists union :roll:

canonspark

mis-information

Post by canonspark »

anyone know why the club website displayed the sunderland fixture as sold out yesterday afternoon but this 55,000 + figure is being spoken about in the press today?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

phpBB [video]

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Is this a friend of yours Herd? (50 seconds in)
phpBB [video]

Fam, Blud, Fam Yeah!.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

xisstential wrote:
g88ner wrote:Happy with that 8)

Kept going and got there in the end. That said I do question the logic of playing 5 defenders at home to sunderland though :? ... seems excessive and Gibbs is shite.

Anyway, it goes to the last game now; that's the important thing. COYG! (... and boro)
And there are thousands & thousands like you...that is why we cannot shift this parasitic limpet.
You're probably right but that's on the owner, board and manager, not me.

Fans shouldn't have to turn their back on the club just because they want Wenger gone. The fans shouldn't have to want us to fail and lose a cup final just to make Wenger's job more difficult to justify.

The frustration in the fan base is obvious. The almost zero confidence in Wenger is also bloody obvious at this point. Achieving second rate goals (top 4 and FA Cup) whilst getting humiliated in the main targets (league and CL) season after season for the last decade should be enough information for Stan, Ivan and Wenger.

Wenger has to go; there's no other logical option at this point. But regardless, I'll attend the cup final hoping we win. I'll also attend the Everton game hoping we sneak into 4th. I also hope we secure Sanchez and Ozil to new contracts.

I'll hope for all of those things whilst also hoping Wenger fucks off. As a fan who has booed and chanted for Wenger to go countless times but also cheered the team when we've scored goals and won games, my conscience is clear.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I would say that I give zero fucks about finishing in the top 4 but the truth is that I would much rather us finish 5th.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

northbank123 wrote:I would say that I give zero fucks about finishing in the top 4 but the truth is that I would much rather us finish 5th.
And that view makes sense to me as well.

To be honest, although I would prefer to finish 4th I can see a silver lining to finishing 5th as it adds pressure to Wenger and I quite fancy us being in a European competition we can actually compete for!

Anyway mate, if Wenger does go I hope he takes over at Newcastle :wink:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Clash wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Absolutely right mate :) I also think people like Parry try to align themselves with people like Wenger because they think it makes them look more intelligent.

A sort of narcissists union :roll:

Clash, that clown Parry could align himself with Albert Einstein and he still wouldn't look intelligent !!

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

g88ner wrote:
northbank123 wrote:I would say that I give zero fucks about finishing in the top 4 but the truth is that I would much rather us finish 5th.
And that view makes sense to me as well.

To be honest, although I would prefer to finish 4th I can see a silver lining to finishing 5th as it adds pressure to Wenger and I quite fancy us being in a European competition we can actually compete for!

Anyway mate, if Wenger does go I hope he takes over at Newcastle :wink:
Fucking great - might stop the whole of my other half's family from insisting the bloke walks on water because they'd love to get top 4 every year!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:Not only is Alan Parry a :censored: ... he is one of those :censored: that tries to cover up his own mistakes. And there are plenty of those as he has always been a really shit commentator.

A case in point tonight:

Late in the game with Sanchez on a hat-trick, the ball is played through to a lone Arsenal player nearing the edge of the Sunderland box.

Parry squeals excitedly in that high-pitched nasal voice:

''And that's a lovely ball to Sanchez ''

Except it wasn't Sanchez, it was Walcott :roll: Fair enough we all make mistakes, so just be a man and correct it.

But oh no!

Cue classic Alan Parry:

'' And Walcott's there as well '' :roll: :roll:

As well as who, Alan? There wasn't anyone else there! You're rubbish and you're a fraud!
:lol: :lol:

Heard that and thought, "Fuck's sake, this cúnt gets paid to be bad at his job..." :roll: :x

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gp543 wrote:Ozil created 12 chances tonight, which is a Premier League record. Nice stuff.
Don't you know? He's a lazy cúnt! He ain't no Robbie Savage! :barscarf: :fryingpan: :dancingbanana:

:wink: :wink:

Imagine what Ozil could create with a world class striker in front of him every game? 8)