West Ham v Liverpool 2.15pm today

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Block93

West Ham v Liverpool 2.15pm today

Post by Block93 »

Can't believe no topic on this one yet, it's probably the biggest match of the season for us.

Fancy WHU to get a point, and then CL qualification in our hands..

I really desperately don't want Wenger to stay, but I don't want Sanchez to leave either.

And I like being in the CL.

And I don't want play Thursday / Sunday in the Europa because that will bugger up the Premier League next season, and no one will want to join us. Chelsea weren't in the Europa, no way Costa, Hazard & Co would have travelled to the other side of Europe for that.

NickF

Re: West Ham v Liverpool 2.15pm today

Post by NickF »

Block93 wrote:
I really desperately don't want Wenger to stay, but I don't want Sanchez to leave either.

To be honest in Wenger stays and Sanchez signs a new contract, I would lose a lot of respect for him as he must realise we will not win one of the big prizes with AW in charge.

Out of interest, why do you like being in the CL? We get humilated every year, you enjoy that?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I've hardly slept a wink as I've been salivating and masturbating all at once at the prospect of relying on West Ham to grab a point and ensure we retain our virtual trophy for a 20th time.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

NickF wrote:
Block93 wrote:

To be honest in Wenger stays and Sanchez signs a new contract, I would lose a lot of respect for him as he must realise we will not win one of the big prizes with AW in charge.

Out of interest, why do you like being in the CL? We get humilated every year, you enjoy that?

I'm not particularly excited about being in the CL, but if the alternative is the Europa (Dunce's Corner) Cup I'll take it every time.

Block93

Post by Block93 »

NickF wrote:
Block93 wrote:

Because I am an eternal optimist and always think with a bit of luck it could go our way!

NickF

Post by NickF »

Block93 wrote:
NickF wrote:
Block93 wrote:

Because I am an eternal optimist and always think with a bit of luck it could go our way!
Not sure about eternal optimist, more completely deluded. :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I'll never be able to cheer against us, but in the greater scheme of things I would much prefer us to miss out on the CL places, as its the measure by which Kroenke measures Wenger's success and will guarantee more of the same for the next couple of years. I actually think Liverpool will dick West Ham today as the Hammers are complete shit and managed to rise themselves for one big game against the Scum, as a result of which they guaranteed their safety. I can't see them playing with that intensity against the Mickeys. Can't see anything other than the Mickeys winning today, then they are home to Boro so Europa League it is for us, and we truly deserve it with the way we've played this season

Block93

Post by Block93 »

SteveO 35 wrote:I've hardly slept a wink as I've been salivating and masturbating all at once at the prospect of relying on West Ham to grab a point and ensure we retain our virtual trophy for a 20th time.
Well, people obviously prepare for matches in different ways, but the virtual trophy this year is not having to play in the Europa League, and just look at the CL as a bonus!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:I've hardly slept a wink as I've been salivating and masturbating all at once at the prospect of relying on West Ham to grab a point and ensure we retain our virtual trophy for a 20th time.
If you're serious SteveO you can get W.Ham coloured Bubble Bath Fizzy Bombs. :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
If you're serious SteveO you can get W.Ham coloured Bubble Bath Fizzy Bombs. :wink:
Thanks for the offer mate, but I can assure you if West Ham get at least a point I'll be creating a special creamy lather all of my own !

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

2-0 to Wham. :barscarf:
Fuck the Bin Dippers,it will give them yet another excuse to bleat about being wronged by Cockneys. :roll:

Block93

Post by Block93 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Thanks for the offer mate, but I can assure you if West Ham get at least a point I'll be creating a special creamy lather all of my own !
I hope you're not watching the match in a pub!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Block93 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
I hope you're not watching the match in a pub!
There wouldn't be much point mate as I'd be nipping into the gents every few minutes dreaming of Pireus. I think its safer all round for me watch this one alone :D

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

If Liverpool win and we lose to Sunderland (don't think either will happen) and Utd don't beat Spuds then that is top four decided and the more important question is how will Sky sell the last day of the season?..No top four issues, no title to be won, no relegation issues..what the fuck would Sky do..??

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Bradywasking wrote:If Liverpool win and we lose to Sunderland (don't think either will happen) and Utd don't beat Spuds then that is top four decided and the more important question is how will Sky sell the last day of the season?..No top four issues, no title to be won, no relegation issues..what the fuck would Sky do..??
And all the Europa places sorted too !