West Ham v Liverpool 2.15pm today

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
markyp

Re: West Ham v Liverpool 2.15pm today

Post by markyp »

StuartL wrote:
markyp wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:Where's the shittest place you can play in the Europa league? I know Everton are in it, but there must be somewhere a bit worse than Merseyside. I'm thinking somewhere like Uzbekistan, Armenia, Kazakhstan or Scotland?
Scotland!! Aberdeen Glasgow Rangers and St Johnstone of Perth are the 3teams in it up here..none of them will make the group's..cos they're all shite :barscarf:
don't moan about the Europa league this is the pinnacle of achievement,this is the grail we were promised when we were told we were moving to the emirates to compete with the best teams in the world, teams such as that university team that are one game away from getting in to the competition,i tell ya next season we might not get bummed so bad in Europe,i could handle a 2-0 away defeat to royal Antwerp,it would show the progress we have made as Wenger continues to build the team,hes nearly there I can sense it,COYG!! piss taking aside we are now actually 3 levels below the one we were promised when we left highbury,back then we were title contenders annually and CL runners up we were told we were going to compete with the likes of barca ,effectively the next level,but now we aren't title contenders,we aren't even 4th spot contenders we have dropped to Europa league contenders and yet Wenger is still deemed fit to do the job,i guess if by some miracle next season we squeeze back into the top 4 it will be hailed as Wengers greatest ever achievment,we will never shift the twat
Well, the next level is the next level you know :barscarf:
maybe its another level like Dane Bowers,freak me!!

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

markyp wrote:isn't it ironic that we will be beaten to the top 4 by Liverpool,that opening game of the season defeat against them when our defence collapsed because TOF thought we didn't need any experience at the back and hadn't bothered buying Mustafi has now cost us,he bought Mustafi straight after that game if my memory serves me correct for 35m instead of the 20m we could have bought him for,if wed bought him pre season and bedded him in it would have been a different story,but where was TOF when pre season started?oh yeah still commentating for French tv for the euros having told Henry that he couldn't commentate and work for Arsenal even though he worked for free!!!! you cant make this shit up,but nobody out there could possibly manage the club better,theres only one AW :barscarf:
Nobody, even his biggest defenders, believes that he's the best man for the job anymore. Now the official line is he deserves another two year £15 million contract for being a fantastic manager more than a decade ago and "sticking with us" when he could have gone to Madrid/Barcelona etc and been fired after a couple of seasons.
The Arsenal board and manager apparently have no football ambition whatsoever, so it's for the fans to show that ambition and to get mullered in the press for it. At any other big club he'd have been given the boot eight to ten years ago.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

It's absolutely fitting that we miss out on the CL this year, after that absolute mullering at the hands of Bayern. We have no place stinking out the knockout rounds of that completion any longer. Competing with the likes of Lyon and Ajax in the Europa league is a far more realistic target for this so called "super club".

NickF

Post by NickF »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Blood_Gooner wrote:Top 4 just about gone, lads. Wenger and the devil might just be fucking with us, however. The victims may yet slip in their last fixture, eliciting mass hysteria and jizzfest among the ranks of the AKBs, and in our players' locker room.
Don't count out TFOC and his pact with the devil just yet.
Lets face it, all Liverpool need to do is beat an already relegated side to finish above us.
Didn't work out so well for the scum last season. :|

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

falkirk goon wrote:
rodders999 wrote:Goodnight my old friend, we've have some fucking wonderful times.

Right, time to embrace the future.....anyone know who's currently third in the Latvian top flight? :lol:
Don't you worry your pretty little head rodders..olympiakos can end up beside us in the Europa if they lose in the qualifying rounds...matchday 6 in Athens may still happen :barscarf: that's what the REAL dream is :barscarf: :barscarf:
The dream group for me would be Olympiakos (obviously), a team of Latvian part timers and whoever limps home third in the Romanian first division.

Good job I just got my silver, I'll be guaranteed a ticket to all of these marquee fixtures.

ARSENE WENGER WE WANT YOU TO STAY :barscarf:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Disappointing result.

Before the game i was hopeful but it was clear from early on that west ham were going through the motions.

The stadium is dreadful. Moving from upton park to that sterile venue is very sad indeed. Their fans myst be gutted!

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

We can still get 4th I think if we do it will be Wengers greatest achievement

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

flash gunner wrote:We can still get 4th I think if we do it will be Wengers greatest achievement
Agreed. Has the manager of the season award been decided yet?

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

g88ner wrote:
flash gunner wrote:We can still get 4th I think if we do it will be Wengers greatest achievement
Agreed. Has the manager of the season award been decided yet?
Was Ranieri last season looked what happen.......... Arsene deserves it :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:Surely a penalty to Wham but no answer goal at the other end instead...Bent officials are depriving us of our dream..
Shamrock Rovers are in the Europa League...anyone fancy a Thursday in Tallaght..??

Playing the game in Syria would be safer :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

g88ner wrote:Disappointing result.

Before the game i was hopeful but it was clear from early on that west ham were going through the motions.

The stadium is dreadful. Moving from upton park to that sterile venue is very sad indeed. Their fans myst be gutted!
Fuck them. They are murdering scum. :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:Surely a penalty to Wham but no answer goal at the other end instead...Bent officials are depriving us of our dream..
Shamrock Rovers are in the Europa League...anyone fancy a Thursday in Tallaght..??

:shock: :box:

Culchie lick-spittle. :censored:

:D :wink:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

I can do guided tours of the area before the game..Lots to see and do..

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

:lol:

Will there be Kevlar vests provided? :wink:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

:lol:

Will there be Kevlar vests provided? :wink:

Yes but horses are extra...