Europa League (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Europa League

Post by DB10GOONER »

greengooner wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:24 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:03 am
Herd wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:58 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:46 am
Herd wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:34 am
Only 5 continents ? Im sure theres 7 and even in antartica they play "touch"rugby sweety !
Fuck 7. There are only 5 proper continents. I'm old school. I still look on Pluto as a planet! :barscarf: :lol:
I wrote a comedy skit once about the riots on Pluto when they got relegated !
It was fucking shameful what they did to Pluto. Shameful. :banghead: :x

Didn't know you wrote, Herd. Did you manage to sell the skit or any other work?
Justice for pluto

Ooh - controversial! :shock:

:D :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

greengooner wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:24 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:03 am
Herd wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Herd wrote:
Only 5 continents ? Im sure theres 7 and even in antartica they play "touch"rugby sweety !
Fuck 7. There are only 5 proper continents. I'm old school. I still look on Pluto as a planet! :barscarf: :lol:
It was fucking shameful what they did to Pluto. Shameful. :banghead: :x

Didn't know you wrote, Herd. Did you manage to sell the skit or any other work?
Justice for pluto
:shock:

Why on earth would you want 'justice' for a non-existent cartoon character that did nothing during his brief imaginary, celluloid existence that wreck fuckingg Christmas trees and lights!? :?

Now The Minions!!! THAT'S a Different kettle of Craziness. :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Herd wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Herd wrote:
It's not so much that they got 'relegated' but they were weighed down by the irresistible force of gravity - The same kind of irresistible force that makes you wanna kick Nasri in his vadge and judasVp in the scrotum.

Though of course there are other factors to take into consideration. It is said that 'Plain brown Envelopes' paid their part in the downfall of a once great planetary people. :cry:

Herd

Post by Herd »

It's not so much that they got 'relegated' but they were weighed down by the irresistible force of gravity - The same kind of irresistible force that makes you wanna kick Nasri in his vadge and judasVp in the scrotum.

Though of course there are other factors to take into consideration. It is said that 'Plain brown Envelopes' paid their part in the downfall of a once great planetary people. :cry:
Not to mention the end of "off peak electricity" !

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Herd wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:24 am

Dontcha mean "off peak electrickery" ???

Herd

Post by Herd »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:57 am
Herd wrote:

could be .

My dad had a fear of Gas , so he paid fortunes for heat. First we lived in a house that had oil burning central heating cost him a fortune later he moved into a modern flat in maida vale and had these monster economy 7 electric heaters and he's mantra was that it was cheap because it fired up on off peak electricity ,which meant he still paid a fortune the heaters never worked properly .

my first book was entitled off peak electricity and other lies !

I bought my first house in 1984 at 26 and made sure the house had a good gas central heating !

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Herd wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:42 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Herd wrote:

could be .

My dad had a fear of Gas , so he paid fortunes for heat. First we lived in a house that had oil burning central heating cost him a fortune later he moved into a modern flat in maida vale and had these monster economy 7 electric heaters and he's mantra was that it was cheap because it fired up on off peak electricity ,which meant he still paid a fortune the heaters never worked properly .

I bought my first house in 1984 at 26 and made sure the house had a good gas central heating !
1984 eh!? Remember it well - A sad year in many ways, it was the last half-decent album that Van Halen managed to put together what with Dave Lee Roth fuckking Eddies missus behind his back and then the best 3 tracks meant for the album being accidentally erased by some spotty oik in the studio - who 'pushed the wrong button' :shock: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Yes, those Economy 7 boilers are Expensive and shyte when the full freeze of winter hits...I remember them from my student days...<sigh>

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:11 pm
Herd wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Herd wrote:

could be .

1984 eh!? Remember it well - A sad year in many ways, it was the last half-decent album that Van Halen managed to put together what with Dave Lee Roth fuckking Eddies missus behind his back and then the best 3 tracks meant for the album being accidentally erased by some spotty oik in the studio - who 'pushed the wrong button' :shock: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
That "erased songs" story is an urban myth, mate. There were 3 songs Roth refused to record for "1984" but they ended up on the "A Different Kind of Truth" album in 2012 (most of the songs on that album were actually written in the late 70s / 80s and the early 90s by EVH but never recorded and it is their best album since 1984). You should listen to it - EVH's guitar playing on it is fucking superb and the songs are brilliant. 8)

Also. since "1984" came out, the albums "Balance", "OU812", "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge", and "5150" with Hagar are brilliant albums. 8) 8)

The only shit album they have is that fucking mess they recorded with the dicktard out of Extreme singing on it. No wonder it took Van Halen 14 years before they went back near a studio!! :x

Herd

Post by Herd »

david lee roth . what a knob

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Herd wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:16 pm
david lee roth . what a knob
:lol:

I recall one British rock music journo referring to him; during the 1976 Van Halen Invasion Tour when they were at their sell-out heights/best as

"The Ego Has Landed" - Mind you he was (then) a brilliant front man for a band full of ego's and attitude and IMP they did deliver in the music stakes, saw them on their first UK Tour when they supported Sabbath at the Hammersmith in London and they blew a then fading B. Sabbath off stage...EVH doing his hammer-on Octave/shred stuff was 'new' then.

but yes, Herd you're right he is a knob. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

ps: I wonder if he has gas central heating in his Switzerland home..he has several apparently. :?

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:11 pm
Herd wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Herd wrote:

could be .

Yes, those Economy 7 boilers are Expensive and shyte when the full freeze of winter hits...I remember them from my student days...<sigh>
Fucking hell!
We are all of the same era :shock:
I am guilty of installing those fuckers, and they are not Economy 7 boilers :meeeow: but units or radiators filled with yer common bricks, heated and stored through the night on a cheaper tariff, great concept but not really that efficient, but if people fear gas then it was an alternative...
Whilst first married we spent around a year and a half in a tower block and gas was not allowed.
But Lewisham Council used a system called Cyclocontrol heating and was added to your rent card for a small charge, this warm air was pumped into every flat and to be perfectly honest your old man would have loved it!
You were warm and toasty and it did not cost the earth, think they cottoned on to it and Economy 7 started to muscle in and cane your average family...
Memories!
Apologies for boring the forum with this shite!.... :blah:

Herd

Post by Herd »

I just imagine david lee wroth cruising for cock down rodeo drive . cant imagine him eating muesli in the alps no matter what central heating system he had.

Sean

Post by Sean »

I hope you lads are girding your loins for tonight's Second Qualifying Round wankathon! :barscarf:

Two Kazakh sides are in this round, as are TA6's old side Gabala of Azerbaijan :lol:

Fuck all that group stage shite and co-efficients, this is the real Europa League 8)

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

Sean wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:09 pm
I hope you lads are girding your loins for tonight's Second Qualifying Round wankathon! :barscarf:

Two Kazakh sides are in this round, as are TA6's old side Gabala of Azerbaijan :lol:

Fuck all that group stage shite and co-efficients, this is the real Europa League 8)
love the team playing Vaduz...Odd :D

they should go ahead and add the word "bastards" and be done with it

ODD BASTARDS FC