Europa League (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: Europa League

Post by Retro Gunner »

After DB10's comment the other day regarding B52's / B17's, he'll no doubt be on here in a minute, telling me exactly the make of push bike that the Japanese used, how many gears they had and the brand of tyres. :roll:

:lol: :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Looking forward to playing in a competition we could win :barscarf:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

flash gunner wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:43 am
I don't see Wenger giving the competition any sort of respect. As per usual, when this reaches the knock out stages, we will be somewhere between 4th - 7th, and as long as the VT is in sight, Wenger will abandon everything else, in pursuit of it.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:20 am
After DB10's comment the other day regarding B52's / B17's, he'll no doubt be on here in a minute, telling me exactly the make of push bike that the Japanese used, how many gears they had and the brand of tyres. :roll:

:lol:

Nah, could give zero fucks about the bikes... just make sure you get the war shit right. :banghead:

:D :wink:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

BFG4 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:53 am
flash gunner wrote:
I don't see Wenger giving the competition any sort of respect. As per usual, when this reaches the knock out stages, we will be somewhere between 4th - 7th, and as long as the VT is in sight, Wenger will abandon everything else, in pursuit of it.
And then when doesn't reach it, He'll tell journalists next year that he sacrificed the pursuit of 4th place in pursuit of the failed Europa campaign.

Tbh I don't care if he has a laser like focus on winning the Europa League, he won't. He isn't capable....if people like Allardyce & Pulis can constantly outsmart him, he is no match for the better teams in this competition. This is probably one, maybe 2 levels up from his abilities.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:04 am
Retro Gunner wrote:

Nah, could give zero fucks about the bikes... just make sure you get the war shit right. :banghead:

I'd like to refer you to my exchange with Nick F a few days back, where I had to make it clear that if any of us were interested in accuracy or truth, we'd be on another forum. What is it with you
people ?? Next thing, you'll be asking for reasoned debate on here !!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:07 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

I'd like to refer you to my exchange with Nick F a few days back, where I had to make it clear that if any of us were interested in accuracy or truth, we'd be on another forum. What is it with you

I stand corrected. :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:19 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:07 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

I stand corrected. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:11 am
Sean wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:40 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:55 pm

Yes and you would have thought the French would have built the Maginot line through the Ardennes as they snuck through the forest.... :D
That was to protect Belgian neutrality :proudtosay:

Yep, after WWl, the French built the Maginot line along the German border and sat back thinking "that'll keep the bastards out"..............1939, the Germans went around it as Allguns says. :lol:

Mind you, we had possibly our biggest military embarrassment with a similar fuck up in Singapore. All our huge guns were positioned pointing out to sea, as we thought that was the only possible attack route, there being dense jungle inland. Only one problem.....no one told the Japs that they couldn't get to Singapore by land......they came through the jungle on pushbikes !!! :shock:
Yes Retro the crafty Nippons got on their bikes whilst our Norman Tebbits were looking out to see...
I just have to add that the Americans got caught with their pants down in a snowy Ardennes being pummelled by the Panzers, they never learned.... 8)

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Last time we played in this competition we got to the final. I'd forgotten the line up. We still had Overmars, Petit, Vieira, Adams, Henry, DB10 in the team and still fucked it up in the final. Would love to see us win a European trophy again it's been way too long.

beck

Post by beck »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:24 pm
Give the whole fucking bowl to Cologne fans. Only way this will sell out.
It will sold out by the time you posted this
I tried to get 5 for me my son and 3 friends on his silver membership under the friends and family scheme at the box office on the lunchtime of the 4 th September
Was told none available sold out
Was hugely dissapointed

JoshIM2150

Post by JoshIM2150 »

Seems like being in Europa League has hit Arsenal, in general, pretty hard. Hopefully a tool in the turning point that we need.

Let's just bag this tournament and fight for the league (maybe win? :rubchin: )

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

BFG4 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:53 am
flash gunner wrote:

Yes my friend the Mighty Europa League is upon us again as we meet Master BATE for a 6pm KO in Gods Country...
I also saw the disrespect he gave the opposition in his previous team selection!...
Just really shows what a prize mug he is, (notice I do not call the imbecile by name)
This will be his only way of qualifying for the CL, top 4 finishes are a thing of the past and rightly so!.... 8)

NickF

Post by NickF »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:50 am

Just really shows what a prize mug he is, (notice I do not call the imbecile by name)
This will be his only way of qualifying for the CL, top 4 finishes are a thing of the past and rightly so!.... 8)
Like a lot of our support, he seems to think that the Europa league is somehow beneath us.
In reality, it is probably about our level nowadays.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

NickF wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:31 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:50 am

Like a lot of our support, he seems to think that the Europa league is somehow beneath us.
In reality, it is probably about our level nowadays.
I agree, I do not share the passion of Arsenal as I used to, fortunately I have not invested season ticket cash in an organisation which is just shy of the Mafia...
My Silver will do for now once the cancers have been ridden....