Europa League (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerOwl

Re: Europa League

Post by GoonerOwl »

Genuinely excited for a Europa campaign. Something a bit different after 10 years of the same routine.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Riotof91 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:54 pm
Genuinely more interested in watching us in the Europa league this season than in the Premier league.

Why do people act like Europa is beneath Arsenal? We’ve won a single third rate uefa trophy in 70 years of European football. Winning it would be a great achievement, the best thing that has happened in well over a decade…but no, let’s focus on scraping 4th so we can be humiliated in the CL again…
The difference between Spurs & Arsenal is that Spurs fans know they’re a banter club, Arsenal fans are utterly deluded and think they’re among the European elite. Reality check, we have a less prestigious European history than the pot 4 team in our group.
We don't, this is our level at the moment. In fact I don't think Wenger is smart enough to win this either.He is probably a level below this.

What pisses everybody off is that this is NOT what we were promised...this is NOT why we left Highbury. We have been ripped off, lied to and we are going backwards.

That is our new reality.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Totally agree. We don't think for 1 second that Europa is beneath us. In fact we'll probably be found wanting long before the Final next May.

As Chris says - this is so far from what we were promised. With Wenger steering the good ship Arsenal happily onto the rocks, this will be our level for quite some time.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Ok going against the grain here, but i am genuinely looking forward to the Europa League, it'll be nice to fuck it up against different teams and in different cities for a change and in a deluded way i actually think we can do well in this competition in spite of Wenger :wink:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

cologne away, what a fucking great draw. wish i had a few more spare days holiday, would love that.

think we played them in a friendly at their place back in 2012? won 4-1 if i recall, jenkinson scored a world class own goal :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:40 pm
cologne away, what a fucking great draw. wish i had a few more spare days holiday, would love that.

think we played them in a friendly at their place back in 2012? won 4-1 if i recall, jenkinson scored a world class own goal :barscarf:
That really made me laugh. I have no recollection of that?? And I remember almost all the horrors...thing is there are so many now..............

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

xisstential wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:21 pm
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:

That really made me laugh. I have no recollection of that?? And I remember almost all the horrors...thing is there are so many now..............
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQAeGbjU3bY

Feast your eyes, my friend :barscarf:
To be fair, a great volleyed finish with what looks like his wrong foot.

beck

Post by beck »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:

It was 4-0
The jenkinson own goal was the season before in a 2-1 win

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Fancy a trip to Cologne if only for the beer and something different to the usual shite

Sean

Post by Sean »

This (and the domestic cups) is all that I give a fuck about this season. I think a lot of us are looking forward to seeing something different. But with TOF very likely to be playing the youth-team pubbers in this, I'll be surprised if we get anywhere near the final.

If he had any sanity left ( :roll: ), he'd be going all out to win this fucker and get back into his coveted and unwinnable Be All and End All. I want us to win a fucking European trophy, dammit :barscarf:

Grant jones

Post by Grant jones »

Anyone got any tips on flights to Belgrade?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Grant jones wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:22 pm
Anyone got any tips on flights to Belgrade?
Best to try catch one from an airport. 8)

Someone had to.... :wink:

Grant jones

Post by Grant jones »

Should have worded that better shouldn't I ! :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Grant jones wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:38 pm
Should have worded that better shouldn't I ! :oops:
:D :wink:

Riotof91

Post by Riotof91 »

BTW the hype about Eastern Europe is bollocks. Not been to Serbia but been to other former Eastern Bloc countries with the same bad PR and the likes of Bucharest & Krakow make London look like a shithole :lol: safer too.