Europa League (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Europa League

Post by Redarmy »

If they are in it, may as well make the effort to win it, Final is in Lyon....that would be a good trip

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

Win it then bin it.

NickF

Post by NickF »

falkirk goon wrote:We enter this as cup winners 8)
Do we? Cup winners go into the qualifying rounds but fifth place goes straight into the groups.

Would have thought it would be as fifth but I stand to be corrected.

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

http://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/05/01 ... 1999-2000/

A nice read and trip down memory lane, even though I can still remember the bitter emptiness after that shoot out.

I would love to win this competition. Much how it worked for Man Utd this season it could do for us next season.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

NickF wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:54 am
falkirk goon wrote:We enter this as cup winners 8)
Do we? Cup winners go into the qualifying rounds but fifth place goes straight into the groups.

Would have thought it would be as fifth but I stand to be corrected.
Cup winners and 5th enter the group stage.We've fulfilled the criteria on 2 fronts :D sad thing is we could enter 2 teams and le blurt stll wouldn't get us past the last 16 :oops:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Is this what Wenger meant by "taking us to the next level" ?.

I didn't realise Thusday nights in Sofia or Tblisi was the next level, then again I have not worked 30 years in football.

:twisted:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:57 pm

I didn't realise Thusday nights in Sofia or Tblisi was the next level, then again I have not worked 30 years in football.

[/quote

There is no fucking way my Thursday nights are going to be taken up with Arsene FC 8) ]

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

sk-gtfo wrote:

Well, as he said, the next level is the next level. I had no idea he meant the next level down. :roll: :censored:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:24 am
sk-gtfo wrote:

Well, as he said, the next level is the next level. I had no idea he meant the next level down. :roll: :censored:
Haha maybe AW told SK that the Eurovision league was the next level up from the CL, after all old wiggy thinks the sun shines out of his backside and probably wouldn't know the difference anyway and of course we just won the superbowl cup as well, yes we're on the up he thought, Ar$ene know$!.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:10 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:24 am
sk-gtfo wrote:

Haha maybe AW told SK that the Eurovision league was the next level up from the CL, after all old wiggy thinks the sun shines out of his backside and probably wouldn't know the difference anyway and of course we just won the superbowl cup as well, yes we're on the up he thought, Ar$ene know$!.
:lol:

Arse 'n' Nose. Kroenke Blows. :barscarf: :D

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

We have never won the UEFA Cup/Europa League and don't have an impressive European record. Even Aston Villa have won the European Cup !
We stood no chance of winning the Champions League so I hope we try to win this but somehow I think it won't be very high on Wengers list.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:06 am
We have never won the UEFA Cup/Europa League and don't have an impressive European record. Even Aston Villa have won the European Cup !
We stood no chance of winning the Champions League so I hope we try to win this but somehow I think it won't be very high on Wengers list.
He'll sacrifice this in his obsessive pursuit of winning back the glorious 4th place Virtual Trophy. :oops:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:10 am
supergeorgegraham wrote:
He'll sacrifice this in his obsessive pursuit of winning back the glorious 4th place Virtual Trophy. :oops:
How misleading of you!
We will never get a top four finish, everything rests on playing Cork City in the final.... :lol: :barscarf:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Well it might be our only chance of getting back in the CL as top 4 might be beyond us next season so with that at stake Wenger might suddenly take it seriously, after all that is the "be all and end all" aka "the shareholders cup".

:roll:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:24 am
supergeorgegraham wrote:
Well it might be our only chance of getting back in the CL as top 4 might be beyond us next season so with that at stake Wenger might suddenly take it seriously, after all that is the "be all and end all" aka "the shareholders cup".

:roll:
Exactly what I said!....