Europa League (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: Europa League

Post by NickF »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:10 am
supergeorgegraham wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:06 am
We have never won the UEFA Cup/Europa League and don't have an impressive European record. Even Aston Villa have won the European Cup !
We stood no chance of winning the Champions League so I hope we try to win this but somehow I think it won't be very high on Wengers list.
He'll sacrifice this in his obsessive pursuit of winning back the glorious 4th place Virtual Trophy. :oops:
Why? The last few weeks have shown it doesn't make the slightest difference to his contract where we finish.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Panathinakos enter at the 3rd qualifying round 8) hopefully they get a couple of kind draws 8) dont worry your pretty little heads SteveO n Rodders :barscarf: matchday 6 in Athens is still on :barscarf:

Poldi

Post by Poldi »

Cologne's dreams are made of this (FC Koln official website) :barscarf:

https://www.fc-koeln.de/en/fc-info/news ... e-part-ii/

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:27 pm
Panathinakos enter at the 3rd qualifying round 8) hopefully they get a couple of kind draws 8) dont worry your pretty little heads SteveO n Rodders :barscarf: matchday 6 in Athens is still on :barscarf:
I just hope Rodders didn't chuck away all the Barry White CDs and scented candles when we didn't manage to grab the 4th place trophy on the final day

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

FC Inter Baku here we come

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Sean

Post by Sean »

Andrey Arshavin's FC Kairat beat Lithuania's Atlantas 6-0 in the first leg of the First Qualifying Round. The Matchday Six in Kazakhstan dream is still alive :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Although I've also seen it reported that TOF won't be taking this competition seriously :roll: :banghead:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

We need to meet one of them Irish teams, so we can get pissed and ave it large!.... :barscarf:

Herd

Post by Herd »

I've seen us lift 2 European trophies and lose in 4 finals too ,that's not such a bad record in Europe is it ?
I saw us win against Anderlect at Home in Highbury !
Lose to Valencia in Brussels !
Win Parma in Copenhagen !
Lose Real Zara in Paris !
Los Galatasary in Copenhangen !
Lose Barca in Paris !

I might actually go to some remote place on an away Beano, bit like when we all went to Kiev some years back .
Finding your hotel is on top of a lap Dancing brothel with 200 girls ,is just the sort of cultural discovery one yearns for on ones
travels abroad !

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Travel Club paid up last Friday!
Let's get some far and distant away day, and not cold either, fucking hate the cold!
Here's wishing :D

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Allgunsblazin wrote: Travel Club paid up last Friday!
Let's get some far and distant away day, and not cold either, fucking hate the cold!
Here's wishing :D
Talking of cold, distant away days, the chances of facing a Scottish club are diminishing already. The dream of a glorious Thursday night at the Bowl against the champions of Luxembourg is still very much on though :barscarf:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:57 am
falkirk goon wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:27 pm
I just hope Rodders didn't chuck away all the Barry White CDs and scented candles when we didn't manage to grab the 4th place trophy on the final day
:D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:51 am
I've seen us lift 2 European trophies and lose in 4 finals too ,that's not such a bad record in Europe is it ?
I saw us win against Anderlect at Home in Highbury !
Lose to Valencia in Brussels !
Win Parma in Copenhagen !
Lose Real Zara in Paris !
Los Galatasary in Copenhangen !
Lose Barca in Paris !

I might actually go to some remote place on an away Beano, bit like when we all went to Kiev some years back .
Finding your hotel is on top of a lap Dancing brothel with 200 girls , Gonorrhea is just the sort of cultural discovery one yearns for on ones
travels abroad !
:shock:

:D :wink:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

The Celtic fans celebrating Ranger's humiliation in Luxembourg should stop for a minute and consider the fact that it says a lot about the level of the domestic competitions that Celtic went unbeaten through.
Admittedly Celtic are miles ahead of Rangers but last night says a lot about the quality of opposition Celtic face in Scotland.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

The Celtic fans celebrating Ranger's humiliation in Luxembourg should stop for a minute and consider the fact that it says a lot about the level of the domestic competitions that Celtic went unbeaten through.
Admittedly Celtic are miles ahead of Rangers but last night says a lot about the quality of opposition Celtic face in Scotland.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:55 am
That Scottish Prem is a joke league. :oops: :roll:

Shit football played by average to shit players in front of sectarian racist xenophobic cúnts. :x :roll:

Mostly. :wink: