Everton (H) | PL | Sun 21 May 15:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Everton (H) | PL | Sun 21 May 15:00

Post by SteveO 35 »

Clash wrote:I've had a quick glance through historic league tables (well actually I'm getting my nephew to do it).

It seems you have to go back a long way (if not forever - still checking) since two London teams finished more than 10 points ahead of Arsenal in the same season.

Arsene FC setting new records every year :barscarf:
Mate, I heard it announced after the match that we've already set another this season by winning The Most Points In A Season Without Qualifying for the Champions League Trophy.........I'm not sure if that news has reached Shit for Brains yet but I'm sure when it does it will be spun to fuck !

Clash

Post by Clash »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Clash wrote:I've had a quick glance through historic league tables (well actually I'm getting my nephew to do it).

It seems you have to go back a long way (if not forever - still checking) since two London teams finished more than 10 points ahead of Arsenal in the same season.

Mate, I heard it announced after the match that we've already set another this season by winning The Most Points In A Season Without Qualifying for the Champions League Trophy.........I'm not sure if that news has reached Shit for Brains yet but I'm sure when it does it will be spun to fuck !
haha :D

He will definitely use that one when he gets a chance :D

Swiss Tony Adams

Post by Swiss Tony Adams »

I thought our legendary 1912/13 season would be close, but only 10 points adrift of chelsea...

Swiss Tony Adams

Post by Swiss Tony Adams »

And sadly in WW1 we finished more than 10 points behind a couple of London Clubs...

England 1917/18

Doesn't really count though.

flash gunner

Re: Arsenal vs Everton 3-1 21st May 2017

Post by flash gunner »

Topps post in the match thread please mate. I'll merge it this time, next time i'll just delete it

Herd

Post by Herd »

Herd wrote:He must not play Sanchez or anyone else with even the slightest fitness concern fitness doubt for this game but I simply don't trust him to make the decision .

He will go balls in, players will be injured and we still wont get into the CL and will then have a depleted side for the Chelsea game.
Well we all know how that one played out Sanchez looks fucked and Kos got himself injured ,what great preparation for the cup final .

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Swiss Tony Adams wrote:And sadly in WW1 we finished more than 10 points behind a couple of London Clubs...

England 1917/18

Doesn't really count though.

Olgit was at a few of those games.

In his twenties. :shock:

:barscarf: :lol: :wink:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Herd wrote:
Herd wrote:He must not play Sanchez or anyone else with even the slightest fitness concern fitness doubt for this game but I simply don't trust him to make the decision .

He will go balls in, players will be injured and we still wont get into the CL and will then have a depleted side for the Chelsea game.
Well we all know how that one played out Sanchez looks fucked and Kos got himself injured ,what great preparation for the cup final .
Sanchez should never have played against Sunderland having come off against Stoke.

The bloke has looked burned out for months - unsurprising given that he has played in 3 major tournaments in 3 summers and plays 90 minutes twice a week throughout every season with us.

Fucking madness. Just like bringing him on away to sutton. What the fuck is that about?

Clash

Post by Clash »

Swiss Tony Adams wrote:

I thought our legendary 1912/13 season would be close, but only 10 points adrift of chelsea...

Well researched mate :barscarf:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Clash wrote:
Swiss Tony Adams wrote:

Well researched mate :barscarf:
But we were only 29 points off 4th place........

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Swiss Tony Adams wrote:Image
Just once it ain't Welbeck that tries to kick him, because he will miss. :lol: :roll: I rewatched this Toffees game and the Cup Final last night and dear God, apart from "effort" Welbeck was gash in both games. The Toffees game in particular (but like so many others) really showed how poor in front of goal Welbeck is. Terrible first touch, slow to respond, the myth of his "electric pace" (well, ok he has some pace, once he has that 15 yard warm up run to get up to speed), awful finisher... :roll:

...but hey let's not forget - HE RUNS AROUND A BIT!! :barscarf: Which of course is how modern fans judge quality. :oops: :roll:

Also, what a finish from Ramsey. Postage stamp!! :barscarf: 8) 8)

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:56 am
Just once it ain't Welbeck that tries to kick him, because he will miss. :lol: :roll: I rewatched this Toffees game and the Cup Final last night and dear God, apart from "effort" Welbeck was gash in both games. The Toffees game in particular (but like so many others) really showed how poor in front of goal Welbeck is. Terrible first touch, slow to respond, the myth of his "electric pace" (well, ok he has some pace, once he has that 15 yard warm up run to get up to speed), awful finisher... :roll:

...but hey let's not forget - HE RUNS AROUND A BIT!! :barscarf: Which of course is how modern fans judge quality. :oops: :roll:

Danny 'Looks-Lively' Welbeck :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

postmanPat91 wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:00 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

Danny 'Looks-Lively' Welbeck :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Quality 8)

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

:banghead: :banghead: Ffs, how many times do I have to tell you ???!!! :banghead:

:wink:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

The Welbeck thing is that he at least, when all around him are sleeping, at least puts a shift in. While that might be the very minimum expected in this job, it 's apparently not a requirement for much of the Arsenal team. His awareness is good but he appears to lack the quality of a deadly finisher, so there you go. :lol: