Everton (H) | PL | Sun 21 May 15:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
sk-gtfo

Re: Everton (H) | PL | Sun 21 May 15:00

Post by sk-gtfo »

Swiss Tony Adams wrote:Who are the two lovelies next to the sign to the left?
Haha they definitely look like AKB's - I imagine right now they are thinking "Hmm maybe it's time we consider only giving Arsene 1 more year".

:banghead:

Swiss Tony Adams

Post by Swiss Tony Adams »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Haha they definitely look like AKB's - I imagine right now they are thinking "Hmm maybe it's time we consider only giving Arsene 1 more year".

To be fair he's done well for himself. 8) Unless it's his sister.

TBF I would destroy her.
I would keep making her recite the words to all the Arsenal songs, and every time she got one wrong...

Well, it's going...

Swiss Tony Adams

Could anyone tell me what was written on the bottom of the banner?

KROENKE - GET OUT OF OUR CLUB
.....................WE ARE .........................
...............THE ARSENAL.....................
?

And I've spotted my 'bird' again. That must be her brother.

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

Swiss Tony Adams wrote:Could anyone tell me what was written on the bottom of the banner?

?

I think the bottom bit says 'This is not a franchise'

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

sk-gtfo wrote:

Sadly the 'Wenger Out' thing has become part of the tourist experience now, so everyone's having fun with it and reaching for their selfies with the banners.

Fuck this pathetic excuse for a football club. So happy that Wenger has failed at even the low targets he set for himself. It's all downhill from here and I can't wait to see it unfold.

VoiceOfReason

Re: Arsenal vs Everton 3-1 21st May 2017

Post by VoiceOfReason »

What's this bollocks?

Swiss Tony Adams

Kvltman wrote: I think the bottom bit says 'This is not a franchise'
Cheers

canonspark

Post by canonspark »

Swiss Tony Adams wrote:Could anyone tell me what was written on the bottom of the banner?

?

Have they swapped tops?

Swiss Tony Adams

canonspark wrote:
Have they swapped tops?
I wondered that as well, but I think her top was more burgundy in the first pic. than what the guy is wearing in 2nd pic
Still a very odd "couple"

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

Swiss Tony Adams wrote:
Kvltman wrote:
Look at that lot in that qualifying list. I know a few spots from Spain and Germany to be decided and you get ge CL drop outs, but come on. Anything less than the semi finals next season for us in this will be failure.
Copa del Ray Final is Barca v Alaves, not sure if Alaves qualify if Barca win and obviously get ECL
5th in La Liga is Villareal. Bad policemen there, iirc, which I do.
German Cup Final is Eintracht Frankfurt - Borussia Dortmund, so if Eintracht lose it will be Hertha Berlin. Nice ground, great city.
SC Freiburg from Germany would also get in to the 3rd round quali, if Dortmund win.
French Cup Final is Angers ( who! ) versus Paris Saint-Germain
FC Zorya Luhansk are in from Ukraine.
The turkish cup final is between Atiker Konyaspor and Medipol Basaksehir, ffs!
cup winners in Switzerland hopefully will be Sion. They're playing Basel though, but will possibly finish 3rd anyway, so qualify.

There are a few decent teams in the qualifying...

AC Milan, Lyon, Marseille, Zenit, PSV

And a few fun outings...

Rangers, Aberdeen, SK Rapid Wien - if they win the Austrian Cup, Ferencváros from Budapest, Sparta Prague?

All in all super-duper.

We demolished and then desecrated Highbury for this!

Awesome Arsene. Proud of you!
You left out Cork City :cussing: So far this season W 12 D 1 L 0

Swiss Tony Adams

corkbarry wrote:
You left out Cork City :cussing: So far this season W 12 D 1 L 0
A thousand apologies, really.

Really fancy a good away trip there, haven't been for many years.
TBH there are a good few possibilities of coming over to the other Island, and hopefully one will get into our group, as I see Derry City and Shamrock Rovers have also qualified for the first qualifying round.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Banners look great.

Highlight of the season - watching the packed away end at the Hawthorns holding up those banners. First time I've been properly proud of anything to do with this club for a long time.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Just got back from my local with the missus - they had Sky on and showed TO1AW's interview afterwards. Fucking cheered me up no end - the voice close to breaking, and struggling to find any old excuse as to why we didn't make the so dearly beloved Be All and End All. Bugger you fans who turn up and pay £62 per week making it "psychologically difficult" - don't you know you're not allowed to criticise. Apparently though its also really "important to keep this group of players together" - yep, you heard it folks the class of '16/17 who reached the Europa League. Lets please ensure that Walcott, Mustafi, Cech, Xhaka, Gibbs, Ramsey, Giroud, Welwide (how fucking shit was he today!), Chambers, Mertesacker, Gabriel and Elneny aren't tempted away to the likes of Bayern, Real Madrid and Juventus who must be sitting and waiting to snap them up now that their world class talents won't be on display in next year's Be All and End All. There's a fucking list as long as both of your arms who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the Emirates pitch next season (unless they turn up playing for Bolton in the League Cup) and Shit for Brains wants to ensure they're still here! I would say its a shoo-in mate, given that only Diane Abbott would think they were worth millions !

And bugger to all those teams who were on holiday for the last few weeks of the season and therefore cost us our rightful place in the top four. I mean there's no way you'd catch Southampton, Stoke, Man U, Sunderland and Everton putting down their beach towels in the final weeks would you?

Honest to god, it was fucking brilliant watching the dribbling old tool scratching around inside his head for the latest excuse. Last year's Euros, fixture schedules, teams not trying, you rotten old home fans, the media, global warming, Brexit, the distraction of the general elections - if only you lot hadn't contrived to rob our Lord and Master of his rightful rimming in Bavaria next February

Clash

Post by Clash »

I've had a quick glance through historic league tables (well actually I'm getting my nephew to do it).

It seems you have to go back a long way (if not forever - still checking) since two London teams finished more than 10 points ahead of Arsenal in the same season.

Arsene FC setting new records every year :barscarf: