Chelsea (N) | FA CUP FINAL | Sat 27 May 2017 | 17:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
tennisgooner

Re: Chelsea (N) | FA CUP FINAL | Sat 27 May 2017 | 17:30

Post by tennisgooner »

great performance. proud to be a gooner again :barscarf:

M3Gooner

Post by M3Gooner »

What a day. Bloody brilliant :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

We were absolutely fantastic. Best performance of the season by an absolute country mile.

The biggest difference and what set the tone was how well we pressed off the ball. We pushed them time and time again, and I lost count of the number of times Sanchez or Welbeck nicked the ball of let them. Not only did it unsettle them, it injected tempo into our game as we were winning the ball in positions where we had far more space in front of us and moved the ball far quicker.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

tennisgooner wrote:great performance. proud to be a gooner again :barscarf:
That you Andy Murray ?

augie

Post by augie »

Winning a cup is always a nice achievement regardless of how it is won, but yesterdays was special for the manner in which we won it - we threw ourselves physically into every challenge and showed that we would not be intimidated by the chav scum. We went to citeeh a few seasons ago and set ourselves up defensively (as a result of the players demanding it) and we made ourselves hard to break down - yesterday we were defensively brilliant, but we also cut them apart at will and dominated every part of the pitch. I watched the game with my 14 year old son, and I would suggest that for the first time, he was able to watch an Arsenal performance of the type that I have always waxed lyrical about when telling him of previous Arsenal teams

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

For me BFG was the best performer on the day. We know he has no pace, but his reading of the game, his calmness and his leadership on the pitch is what we have had missing for large parts of the season. Koscielny and Gabriel would not have put in a performance like that so as I said pre-match I was pleased they were ruled out.
The score line flattered Chelski, and oh how I wish this team can kick on for next season.
It's telling that when wenger lifted the trophy barely none of the team applauded him, and in the main celebratory picture of the team in most papers today, no Ozil, no Sanchez, no BFG.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Honestly can't remember the last time I saw us looking so sharp, winning back possession so many times or getting to so many loose balls first.

And whilst he is an average striker and somehow fluffed his lines on what should have been a tap-in for Ramsey in the first half, Welbeck was a massive part of that. Just wouldn't get that sort of energy or hassling from Giroud.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
tennisgooner wrote:great performance. proud to be a gooner again :barscarf:
That you Andy Murray ?
:lol:

:rubchin:

If it is , gotta say your missus is Well Fit. :D :wink: :-P

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nos89 wrote:For me BFG was the best performer on the day. We know he has no pace, but his reading of the game, his calmness and his leadership on the pitch is what we have had missing for large parts of the season. Koscielny and Gabriel would not have put in a performance like that so as I said pre-match I was pleased they were ruled out.
The score line flattered Chelski, and oh how I wish this team can kick on for next season.
It's telling that when wenger lifted the trophy barely none of the team applauded him, and in the main celebratory picture of the team in most papers today, no Ozil, no Sanchez, no BFG.
Playing at e centre as part of a back three, witht eh 2 wingbacks zooming up and down with lots of pace meant he didn't have to go into wide positions an expose his lack of pace, but as you rightly say he reads the game incredibly well - just like bobby moore used to - and put in some timely tackles & blocks yesterday. I think Holding can learn a lot which can bring him on as a player even quicker.

I'm still in amazement - we were THAT Excellent. :barscarf:

Time for change

Post by Time for change »

Bradywasking wrote:If we win the Community Shield or League Cup or FA Cup next season it means another trophy at Spurs "home ground "
Let's hope so.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
flash gunner wrote: Dont know if im the only one but im really excited about this game.

Its Cup Final day and in these times of footballing austerity finally a big game for us :barscarf: i was envious of united last night remembering CWC final of '94 as an example

Up the Gunners

WE WILL WIN
Yup! :roll:

:D :wink:
Oh ye of little faith 8)

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

What a day it was like the old days. We fucking blew them away and it was beautiful :barscarf:

I watched the game down the pub had a good old time with my brother and mates, got so pissed that I bought chips and then walking home I fell down a ditch :oops: :lol: I woke this morning with hundreds of scratches all over me, try explaining that to mrs flash :shock:

Beautiful day proud of the team again :barscarf:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

flash gunner wrote:got so pissed that I bought chips and then walking home I fell down a ditch
that's what The Arsenal are all about mate :barscarf: :barscarf:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Brilliant day, took my 7 year old to his first final, was going expecting a mauling and was stunned at what I saw, my son loved it too, was magical for his unwarped mind to see his team win and lift the trophy.

Ramsey will get the headlines for the winner but thought Mertersacker and Welbeck were outstanding, considering it was his first start he really stood out and acted the captain unlike Koscienly, Welbeck set the tone from the front, really had a knock on effect through the whole team, Monreal was another outstanding one.

Great day all in all, biggest annoyance is that the team have it in them, no excuse for not showing that over 38 games.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

flash gunner wrote:What a day it was like the old days. We fucking blew them away and it was beautiful :barscarf:

I watched the game down the pub had a good old time with my brother and mates, got so pissed that I bought chips and then walking home I fell down a ditch :oops: :lol: I woke this morning with hundreds of scratches all over me, try explaining that to mrs flash :shock:

Beautiful day proud of the team again :barscarf:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yup! Just like in the old days mate. You are a million percent right

"We fucking blew them away and it was beautiful" :barscarf: