Chelsea (N) | FA CUP FINAL | Sat 27 May 2017 | 17:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: Chelsea (N) | FA CUP FINAL | Sat 27 May 2017 | 17:30

Post by northbank123 »

We played them off the park. Completely. Where have these performances been over the last decade???

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

StuartL wrote:Indeed, but has been posted where was that performance all season when we needed it?
Where was that performance in the last 10 years?! That's why I'm not angry about it, I'm just astounded, I didn't think a Wenger team could produce that kind of gutsy performance again. There were a couple of bad points (Ospina's weird flap and Ozil's inability to make the right decision) but all in all it was a fantastic performance. Made me realise how much we missed Welbeck across the season. That bloke runs and runs and runs. MOTM for me.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Mistical92 wrote:
StuartL wrote:Indeed, but has been posted where was that performance all season when we needed it?
Where was that performance in the last 10 years?! That's why I'm not angry about it, I'm just astounded, I didn't think a Wenger team could produce that kind of gutsy performance again. There were a couple of bad points (Ospina's weird flap and Ozil's inability to make the right decision) but all in all it was a fantastic performance. Made me realise how much we missed Welbeck across the season. That bloke runs and runs and runs. MOTM for me.
I concur- I said to my kids, it was like watching an Arsenal match, almost EVERY Arsenal match from the early 2000s. Why oh why oh why can we not do it week in week out :oops:

Shows well we DO have the team and squad, its the motivation/ training etc we are missing. :cussing:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

As it looks very, very likely that Wenger will stay on (2 years probably) at least with this surprisingly Magnificent Performance and Win, I can make it my last game and in my own way leave Arsenal FC on a high, though I will always be sad about what has become of the club I love because of what has been done to it by those who have put profit before the best interests of the club.

It fuckin' STINKS and I hate them for it and I curse them. "May all their lies and dis-honourable deeds come back upon them ten-fold". :evil:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:As it looks very, very likely that Wenger will stay on (2 years probably) at least with this surprisingly Magnificent Performance and Win, I can make it my last game and in my own way leave Arsenal FC on a high, though I will always be sad about what has become of the club I love because of what has been done to it by those who have put profit before the best interests of the club.

It fuckin' STINKS and I hate them for it and I curse them. "May all their lies and dis-honourable deeds come back upon them ten-fold". :evil:

I want Wenger out as much as anyone but i have to say i've still got a smile on my face about Saturday. Dont let them spoil it for you mate

What a brilliant day :barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

northbank123 wrote:We played them off the park. Completely. Where have these performances been over the last decade???
I know many have said they were proud to support Arsenal again on Saturday. And I am not knocking that at all

But to play a team off the park like that when you've just finished 18 points behind them in the table ... as much as I want to just enjoy the moment .... something about that sticks in my throat.

Chelsea were flat and the opening goal shouldn't have stood ... but I think we would have beaten them regardless and that was because of the attitude we went into the game with. It was an aggressive attitude, which I love to see. One we should have had over the last 10 years and I can only imagine how different the last 10 years would have been if that was the attitude we had adopted.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Just watched the whole cup final on catch up.

Wenger aside, one thing I would say is our fans where amazing. I knew it was a good atmosphere in the ground but it really came across on the TV. Nice for everyone to get behind the team, there is no doubt it made a difference. Chelsea fans where poor by comparison.

canonspark

Post by canonspark »

One of the great days in my 47 years supporting the club despite our recent troubles :barscarf: :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

What added the final finishing touch to our victory was seeing that pikey caant john terry close to tears. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Still buzzing that we beat these fucking chav mutts. :barscarf: :banner: :crest: :flag: :winner: :redwhite: :whitered: :winner: :teeth: 8)

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:55 pm
Still buzzing that we beat these fucking chav mutts. :barscarf: :banner: :crest: :flag: :winner: :redwhite: :whitered: :winner: :teeth: 8)
absolutely. here is a special present to everyone as the pre season turgidness sets in

:barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:27 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
absolutely. here is a special present to everyone as the pre season turgidness sets in

Thank you Henry. 8)

Beautiful images. I always enjoy looking at a photo of a vagina. Especially when it's moist... :barscarf: 8)

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:11 am
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Thank you Henry. 8)

Beautiful images. I always enjoy looking at a photo of a vagina. Especially when it's moist... :barscarf: 8)

He had his kit on just in case they won :lol: :barscarf:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

flash gunner wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:50 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:11 am
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Thank you Henry. 8)

He had his kit on just in case they won :lol: :barscarf:
:coffeespit: