Chelsea (N) | FA CUP FINAL | Sat 27 May 2017 | 17:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
herbert

Re: Chelsea (N) | FA CUP FINAL | Sat 27 May 2017 | 17:30

Post by herbert »

What a day :barscarf: great team performance and great support :barscarf:
I was giving the ref plenty of stick for the early yellow but I have just watched the game again and he was my mom :D

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Well. To say that I'm pleasantly surprised would be a bit of an understatement. Fucking brilliant performance from our lads. Well deserved victory. And we also pissed on John Terry's fireworks. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :)

Clash

Post by Clash »

:barscarf:

Nice of the players to put some effort in. Amazing what a difference that can make. Chelsea were fucking dreadful but they're still champions so it shows whats possible if you put your mind to it. Was actually a great team effort as well as several very good individual performances. Where has that been for 9/10ths of the last decade though? Effort costs nothing :banghead:

Wenger showed what a complete :censored: he is before the match though. We'd have had many more games like today in the last 12 years if it wasnt for that :censored:

Take the cup and fuck off this time Wenger you prick.

General

Post by General »

herbert wrote:What a day :barscarf: great team performance and great support :barscarf:
I was giving the ref plenty of stick for the early yellow but I have just watched the game again and he was my mom :D
Overruling the lino for the first goal was brave decision but I thought he was very inconsistent with his bookings. He couldn't have missed Moses' disgusting dive and our players made sure of that. That would earn him a two match ban from next season.

GTG

Post by GTG »

Can't believe how well we played today and as much stick as we all give Wenger it makes you wonder doesn't it when the players put that effort in.

Have to say a special mention to Ramsey today.... He gets more stick than Wenger but today and recently he's found his feet in this system and it's clear to see that if he's allowed to make those late runs into the box that's where his real strength is!

Absolutely bolloxed and happy

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Nos89 wrote:M.O.T.M Theo Walcott for staying on the bench :barscarf: :barscarf: :D
Have to agree, he didn't make a mistake all day.
We played the 'Football' they played 'Fuckall'. Magic ! Still rubbing my eyes, I'll watch the replay again in a minute or so to make sure I'm awake. C'mon you Gunners :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

gp543

Post by gp543 »

STRONGBOW DARK FRUIT I RECKON LADS

Herd

Post by Herd »

Chopper Harris,Bill Clintons daughter,Chelsea pensioners ,Joni Mitchells song, ***** Lumpard Headhunter Hickey , we gave your boys a hell of a beating !

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Surprised Terry didn't try and collect the trophy wearing our kit.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Eee aye addio we won the cup

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Nos89 wrote:M.O.T.M Theo Walcott for staying on the bench :barscarf: :barscarf: :D
Watched Spanish Cup Final last night...Alaves scored from a brilliant free kick by 19 year old THEO .. Theo Hernandez on loan from Atletico Madrid..Wonder if in eleven years time they will still be waiting for that Theo's potential.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Was so wrong about yesterday. Never felt we would beat Chelsea and certainly did not see that performance coming. When it was confirmed that Ospina, Mertesacker and Ox at left wing back were starting I genuinely thought we were in for a humiliation.
But thankfully I was wrong. We played like men , stuck to the jobs and wore Chelsea out with relentless pressing. Welbeck ran the channels and didn't give their defence a moment. Ramsey had the type of no frills performance that makes hiss bad days even more frustrating. Xhaka looked like the player we were promised when we signed him on FA Cup Final day last season. Mertesacker looked like a captain and leader. Where did that come from? Certainly never saw it before in him.
It was a brilliant performance,even from Giroud in his few minutes on the pitch .
Now the moan , yesterday does neither vindicate or exonerate Wenger from the disaster of a season we had...Four performances in a season of fifty plus games is not good enough. Now he and the board have been presented with another chance to end his reign with a bit of dignity. Please take it.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

I've just watched it again and I think Danny Murphy was actually decent yesterday in his commentary,didn't do the usual fence sitting or anti-Arsenal bullshit you normally hear from the TV "experts"

Wenger issues aside,how great is it to in the cup!! :barscarf: :barscarf:

Tollgoon

Post by Tollgoon »

Unbelievable, not sure where that performance came from, but what a game. Just resurfaced now to watch on MOTD, probably missed so many little details due to beer goggles, but was very pleased for Rob Holding. He must be chuffed, what a game to have played in, come on you REDs

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Ok I am watching but it is Hobson's choice as I dislike both teams intensely. What outcome do we want?

For me it would be nice to get some Wembley competitive practice before the PL starts and so if Chelski win we play them in the community shield. So it has to be Chelsea. But perhaps some out til xmas injuries for Hazard, Sanchez and Kante wouldn't be a terible thing.....

:roll: Nice people!... :mrgreen: