The tension mounts!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will TO1AW leave Arsenal this summer?

Poll ended at Mon May 29, 2017 6:27 pm

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 36

greengooner

Re: The tension mounts!

Post by greengooner »

augie wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:If he was going it would've been announced already :( he's staying to drag us down even further in the coming years.Hes a *word censored*.

I really don't get that logic - why not say that if he was gonna stay, he would have announced it by now ? Please (and I'm not aiming this at you falkirk) don't say silly things like that he and the club are waiting for a positive run of results/cup final win to sneak in the announcement, cos we all know that neither wenker nor the club will give two fcuks about any reaction from the fans, and as a result why would they bother waiting ? I know that DB10 (and others) have claimed that the club will dismiss us as a "few plebs", but I think that we all know that the club is aware that it is much more than that, and it is a fact that was recognized on sunday supplement last sunday when they referenced AST's recent poll demanding change, and they suggested that the result shows that it is far more than a few dissatisfied fans.

I believe that he will walk because he will take the criticism personally and will be very unhappy at the board's request for changes - I feel that it hasn't been announced because his contract is only expiring next week and he will wait until it runs out to quietly slip away and nothing will distract from this weeks cup final
you are beginning to convince me Augie but if he doesn't go I will be overcome with grief and may have to burn down your shop, I'm only saying
:-)

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Oh, and WORST vanity thread since Smoothie's "should I stay or should I go" debacle! :oops:

:moderator: Awooogaahh! VANITY THREAD ALERT! AWOOOGAAAAH!! AWOOO-FUCKING-GAAAHH!! :moderator:

Still one of my fave threads :barscarf:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14708
#

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I see that the poll finished 50/50 is it locked? Please open it so I can vote for him to stay... pleaseeeeeee....

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

He's going nowhere :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

franksav63 wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Oh, and WORST vanity thread since Smoothie's "should I stay or should I go" debacle! :oops:

:moderator: Awooogaahh! VANITY THREAD ALERT! AWOOOGAAAAH!! AWOOO-FUCKING-GAAAHH!! :moderator:

#

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I see that the poll finished 50/50 is it locked? Please open it so I can vote for him to stay... pleaseeeeeee....
HUH! :shock: I always knew there was an AKB lurking deep beneath that Beige Corduroy Tracksuit and Gold Sparkly name Bracelet! :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:He's going nowhere :banghead:
Smoothie? He's gone, mate. He left.

Oh, you mean...... :lol: :wink:

Yep, he is going nowhere. :suicide:

augie

Post by augie »

flash gunner wrote:

Just after re-reading it again and it was comical :lol: :lol: :lol:

As others have said, when you go through it, it reminds you of all the quality posters that no longer frequent here, and this place is worse for it :cry:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
flash gunner wrote:

As others have said, when you go through it, it reminds you of all the quality posters that no longer frequent here, and this place is worse for it :cry:
It would be hard pushed to equal or better the: "My Girlfriend is Going on Holiday" thread.

Now THAT was a fukkin' "CLASSIC". :bowing21:

NickF

Post by NickF »

augie wrote:
flash gunner wrote:

and yet the mods are all still here..... :cry: :cry:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

WHY would he go? He has absolutely no reason to leave. Under very little pressure from his bosses, and makes millions for having mediocre standards/goals. Plus he's a control freak and he has full control.

No, he'll be here next season and probably the season after that. Groundhog day gentleman. I'm feeling so apathetic towards this team right now.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:WHY would he go? He has absolutely no reason to leave .
Well after this week his is out of contract so it isn't actually his choice. Not saying our spineless board won't offer him a new one though....

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

NickF wrote:
augie wrote:
flash gunner wrote:

and yet the mods are all still here..... :cry: :cry:
Well you can't really say that about Flash! :wink:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
augie wrote:The only way he stays is if he goes crawling on his hands and knees begging to keep his job and agreeing to a major shake up behind the scenes - because I am not expecting that to happen, I voted an emphatic yes he is going, and not before time either :cussing: :cussing: :censored: :censored:

Have you thought about the meltdown you're gonna have when he re-signs? I have and it's not pretty :? :wink:
That hyphen in the word "re-signs" should be called a "Spuddy". It makes a huge difference to things. Remove it and everyone is happy. Leave it there and everyone is so sad. :(

:barscarf: :lol: :wink:
:coffeespit:
Quality

C u n t :lol: :lol:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

flash gunner wrote:
augie wrote:The only way he stays is if he goes crawling on his hands and knees begging to keep his job and agreeing to a major shake up behind the scenes - because I am not expecting that to happen, I voted an emphatic yes he is going, and not before time either :cussing: :cussing: :censored: :censored:

Have you thought about the meltdown you're gonna have when he re-signs? I have and it's not pretty :? :wink:

Purely for the entertainment factor there is a part of me that wants him to stay. Next season might be shit but it will be worth it to experience the summer of hilarity that will ensue :lol: :wink:

I also think that augie's meltdown will be insignificant in comparison to the one I'm looking forward to :wink:

Sean

Post by Sean »

I voted No; purely to protect my sanity :censored:

We know he would stay forever, if the board allow him to. He's waited this out to the bitter end and is pissed off that it's come to this.

It seems the club are playing brinkmanship with The Old Fraud, probably trying to curtail his ridiculously large remit at the club if he does stay on, or deliberately making sure he'd never agree to a new deal. A brownholing in the final may finally cut the cord.

Does TOF want the power in the job more than the job itself? Will he do anything to stay? Will he fuck off and manage France U19's?

It's all in the club's hands. I pray they finally let him go. If not...

:suicide:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Still think on balance that he will stay. But also think it's a very real prospect that he will fuck off.