The tension mounts!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Will TO1AW leave Arsenal this summer?

Poll ended at Mon May 29, 2017 6:27 pm

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 36

SPUDMASHER

The tension mounts!

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Okay so with the FACup final almost upon us the big burning question is:-

Will he stay or will he go?

Assuming that he does make an announcement in the days following our runners up performance what do you think? This is a straight go or stay choice. Don't vote for what you want to happen, just for what you honestly think will actually happen.

blair207

Re: The tension mounts!

Post by blair207 »

Yes to what? stay or go?

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

RTFQ

Will he leave this summer?

I actually expected the jackeen midget squirrel fucker to be the first to misunderstand the question :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Yes. He's going. Right out the fucking door next week.

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

A couple months ago, I thought he was >90% chance to stay another two years. Thanks to his ineptitude as manager and the legends on here protesting, I think it's around 65% chance he stays. Since I'm pessimistic about most football matters, I voted No

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

If Chelsea win by 3 or more, he is gone. Anything less and it is touch and go.....

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

I just got the equaliser ⚽️

I'm still keeping to the faint hope that his contract expires and the club (Gazidis) implement change to the structure leaving a manager just that, a team manager / coach and no more, which his ego will not take and so mutually agrees to go. :barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

He's going nowhere

Midz

Post by Midz »

I voted for what I believe will happen and that is he'll stay.

What I want to happen is he'll go.

augie

Post by augie »

The only way he stays is if he goes crawling on his hands and knees begging to keep his job and agreeing to a major shake up behind the scenes - because I am not expecting that to happen, I voted an emphatic yes he is going, and not before time either :cussing: :cussing: :censored: :censored:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

augie wrote:The only way he stays is if he goes crawling on his hands and knees begging to keep his job and agreeing to a major shake up behind the scenes - because I am not expecting that to happen, I voted an emphatic yes he is going, and not before time either :cussing: :cussing: :censored: :censored:

Have you thought about the meltdown you're gonna have when he re-signs? I have and it's not pretty :? :wink:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

If he was going it would've been announced already :( he's staying to drag us down even further in the coming years.Hes a *word censored*.

silus

Post by silus »

When we lost the first leg to Bayern, I was convinced be was gone, he looked a broken man. Since then ive changed my mind on a daily/hourly basis. At the end of the day, we're all just guessing....and its a fucking disgrace that this is the situation the club is in, and that there is even a possibility of him getting a new contract.

I cleared my mind of all the bullshit that's going on and went for it with out thinking ....and.......hes staying!!!!! :cussing:

bunch

Post by bunch »

I think he is staying. From what he has said, he wants to stay. Part of my dismay with him is that surely he sees that it is not working anymore. Looking "broken" would suggest he sees that but his words suggest otherwise.

I have heard that his personal life is not great and he is not going to retire with a loving wife and heaps of grand kids to occupy him. Is Arsenal all he has? If he was going to walk he would have said that already as he would have known that it would have a galvanising effect on players and fans.

On the employer side, I hear that there may be board disquiet about him now but the decision maker, our investor, will be seriously disinclined to change the management team of what for him is a successful business. As we all know, Kroenke doesn't give a stuff about sporting success unless it impacts the value of his investment and so far the blip of no CL next year is very manageable. Given the dominance of PL TV money only the threat of relegation would make him act.

Lastly, I've heard TV commentators recently saying that ITK journos say he is definitely staying. No one is saying he is definitely leaving.

So he is staying. But I am not.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
augie wrote:The only way he stays is if he goes crawling on his hands and knees begging to keep his job and agreeing to a major shake up behind the scenes - because I am not expecting that to happen, I voted an emphatic yes he is going, and not before time either :cussing: :cussing: :censored: :censored:

Have you thought about the meltdown you're gonna have when he re-signs? I have and it's not pretty :? :wink:
That hyphen in the word "re-signs" should be called a "Spuddy". It makes a huge difference to things. Remove it and everyone is happy. Leave it there and everyone is so sad. :(

:barscarf: :lol: :wink: