Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:19 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:11 am
Redarmy wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:48 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:45 am
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:54 am
Modern Football Bollox

Chelsea sub at the Olympic stadium holding a hot water bottle to his FACE???

As Johnathon Pearce the commentator said...what would "Chopper"Harris and Billy Bonds think about that.. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
:oops: :oops:

Fuck Chopper Harris - what would even a big girl's blouse think about it? :lol: :oops: :lol:
few on here better ask them :wink:
There was one being passed about on one of the benches last night during the Reading v Cardiff game....Think it was the Reading subs...
We are still talking about hot water bottles, right? Not dodgy birds? Just with footballers you never know.... :lol: :wink:
NO it was definitely a hot water bottle, , you wouldn't see it at Arsenal...Actually not sure you would see any type of bottle there...unless it's Ty's Zippy Cup..

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

There are too many ex footballers still earning an obscene living from the game through punditry..Stand in front of an empty stadium or sit by a large lamp in your living room on a Monday morning and spout clichés..Great life, helps if you are an ex Victim.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:41 pm
There are too many ex footballers still earning an obscene living from the game through punditry..Stand in front of an empty stadium or sit by a large lamp in your living room on a Monday morning and spout clichés..Great life, helps if you are an ex Victim.
Or spout utter nonsense like Hoddle or Merson.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Clappers. Fuck Off and die.

:banghead: :censored:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Chelsea fans..the ultimate modern football bollocks..Singing "Champions of England..you'll never sing that " to Huddersfield fans tonight....but I suppose if you don't have history how are you meant to know the game's history.?

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Every new manager at Liverpool has to ignore the Sun, or be downright rude to them, put on a crestfallen face at the yearly memorial service and then if that's not enough, be expected to go back every year after you've left the club so the Liverpool fans can say "Respect" when your name comes up. If managing them wasn't bad enough, that whole business would surely be a deal breaker....it's like being expected to share in a strange family's grief, almost three decades after a tragedy. And of course the media with all their fauz sympathy will be watching you very closely.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Mistical92 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:47 pm
Clash wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:15 am
Agree with the minimalist coverage thing. Look at the way the coverage of this game ends. It's just beautiful.

A very watchable game with a lot of incidents to talk about ... but as the band comes onto the pitch the camera pans out and the commentator just says ''and with that I say good afternoon to you from Wembley stadium. Final score England 2, Scotland 3''.
Oh that is lovely!

I never knew Sky had tried the no commentary option, I've certainly never seen it available.

I'd also like to see Sky etc sometimes just admit what they're showing isn't that great. There's no need to hype up Bournemouth v Burnley or QPR v Middlesbrough. Only the actual football fans are going to be watching anyway and they know enough about football to know when the game is inconsequential and shit.
Totally agree with you mate. Football reached saturation point years ago and to be honest I give most of it a miss now. One live game every weekend was more than enough. Now some of the rubbish they show is beyond ridiculous.

And I think it was only Sky Digital that had the option to turn off the commentary but I might be wrong. Any game when you can see the action for yourself just doesnt need this constant dialogue you get and very rarely does a co-commentator add anything worthwhile.

Sky have recently been showing a collection of best goals from various seasons and its noticeable how many times after someone scores from long range that the co-commentator chips in with ''you wont see a better strike than that all season'' :yawn:

Clash

Post by Clash »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:07 am
Every new manager at Liverpool has to ignore the Sun, or be downright rude to them, put on a crestfallen face at the yearly memorial service and then if that's not enough, be expected to go back every year after you've left the club so the Liverpool fans can say "Respect" when your name comes up. If managing them wasn't bad enough, that whole business would surely be a deal breaker....it's like being expected to share in a strange family's grief, almost three decades after a tragedy. And of course the media with all their fauz sympathy will be watching you very closely.
:shock: you cant say mate. That's outrageous!

(but it is true :wink:)

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

arseofacrow wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:29 pm
Clappers. Fuck Off and die.

:banghead: :censored:
Oh god yes. Totally ruined Leicester winning the league, similarly Huddersfield who seem fine and I'd like to see stay up can now fuck off because they give out those pieces of shit. USE YOUR FUCKING HANDS.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:00 pm
Chelsea fans..the ultimate modern football bollocks..Singing "Champions of England..you'll never sing that " to Huddersfield fans tonight....but I suppose if you don't have history how are you meant to know the game's history.?
Not one to defend the noveau riche over the bridge but they've got a point, they won't sing it. Huddersfield can hardly sing "We are the Champions", or "Stand up for the Champions" because they won the league in 1923. Most of their living fans will know nothing but third and some second tier football and nowt else as they say in yorkshire ;)

Just like those forest fans in a few weeks time who will no doubt dine out on being euro champions, and we'll casually remind then it's all inherited glory they'll never enjoy :barscarf:

Christ, I saw more glory than the average forest fan ever has when I saw us lift the community shield in august :coffeespit:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Clash wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:15 am
Agree with the minimalist coverage thing. Look at the way the coverage of this game ends. It's just beautiful.

Click to the final whistle around 1:36.15

phpBB [video]

A very watchable game with a lot of incidents to talk about ... but as the band comes onto the pitch the camera pans out and the commentator just says ''and with that I say good afternoon to you from Wembley stadium. Final score England 2, Scotland 3''.

Nowadays football and TV is filled with so much dross and pointless waffle. Im old enough to remember the test card girl. Basically this was the BBC saying there was nothing worth showing at that moment so they were shutting down for a few hours. I wish football TV execs would do this. ''There is no game worth showing live this weekend so we'll just show highlights of them all on Saturday night''.
My Dad was at that game. :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:26 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:00 pm
Not one to defend the noveau riche over the bridge but they've got a point, they won't sing it. Huddersfield can hardly sing "We are the Champions", or "Stand up for the Champions" because they won the league in 1923. Most of their living fans will know nothing but third and some second tier football and nowt else as they say in yorkshire ;)

Just like those forest fans in a few weeks time who will no doubt dine out on being euro champions, and we'll casually remind then it's all inherited glory they'll never enjoy :barscarf:

Christ, I saw more glory than the average forest fan ever has when I saw us lift the community shield in august :coffeespit:
Yeah you are right but my point was about the belief that football didn't exist before Sky, Premier League and money. Huddersfield have a history from long before 1992...It's the lack of appreciation for anything pre Sky that contributes to the modern football bollocks .

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

It's ok. We can all rest easy now. Sky announced last night that the Bald Spaniard's citeh team are now "officially" the "Greatest Premier League Team Ever". 8) 8)

I love modern football. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Well I would if I was a shallow vacuous bandwagon-jumping fairweather cúnt with no appreciation for history and tradition. :censored:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:14 am
It's ok. We can all rest easy now. Sky announced last night that the Bald Spaniard's citeh team are now "officially" the "Greatest Premier League Team Ever". 8) 8)

Well I would if I was a shallow vacuous bandwagon-jumping fairweather cúnt with no appreciation for history and tradition. :censored:
Maybe as the Sky researchers clearly have way too much time on their hands, what they could,or should do is go back in time and take all the big sides of the day and calculate what the squads cost,and how much per point cost the club at the time,only then will you get the greatest side of all time,not wanting to sound like Le Fraud but they are playing fantasy football stakes and there's fuck all romance in it,in fact the dough they've spent they SHOULD be going undefeated all season.

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

robbo10 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:00 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:14 am

Maybe as the Sky researchers clearly have way too much time on their hands, what they could,or should do is go back in time and take all the big sides of the day and calculate what the squads cost,and how much per point cost the club at the time,only then will you get the greatest side of all time,not wanting to sound like Le Fraud but they are playing fantasy football stakes and there's fuck all romance in it,in fact the dough they've spent they SHOULD be going undefeated all season.
if, god forbid they do go unbeaten then they will always be the "second" team to do it in a 38 game season, no amount of money can make them the first to do it so they can f**k the f**k off..........yes I am that shallow and petty, if I were a lake you could wade across me and not get your trouser legs wet 8)