Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonertux

Re: Modern Football Bo**cks

Post by goonertux »

Pricks like Gary Cahill yesterday against the Jocks holding his face when there was obviously no contact and he had caught the other player. Just cheating, plain and simple.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:59 am
The Premier League are considering a package of late-morning Sunday kick-offs for the extra 22 live games to be included in the next three-year rights sale starting in season 2019-20.
The 11.30am or noon kick-off times are designed to appeal to the Asian market where the matches would be broadcast at peak time. The proposal was included in briefing notes for the PL summer meeting this week.
abso-fucking-lutely this mate. fuck this in the shitter. I will put up with a lot when it comes to football and watching my football club up and down this country, ridiculous kick-off times such as 12:30 at sunderland this season for instance. it was bad enough as it is but this is the last fucking straw.

with any club, the majority of match going fans will protest against this latest move from the premier league, yet another huge blow to the supporters that work hard to support their club in this money crazed, tv driven era of football. why should anyone bother propping up this fucking charade by bothering to attend matches anymore when we're clearly not important. the contemptuousness of the premier league, the fa and sky sports towards football supporters knows no fucking bounds.
:banghead: :banghead:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

goonertux wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:51 am
Pricks like Gary Cahill yesterday against the Jocks holding his face when there was obviously no contact and he had caught the other player. Just cheating, plain and simple.
Modern?

The Italians, Brazilians and every other South American teams were perfecting that 40 years ago.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:50 pm
goonertux wrote:
Modern?

The Italians, Brazilians and every other South American teams were perfecting that 40 years ago.
Very very true. 8)

But somehow I think it's a bit more embarrassing and offensive when it's done by a player that came up through the supposedly "honest" Ingerlish game. As a kid watching the old First Division, hating and lambasting the dive-fest that was Italian football (watched by yuppies on channel 4 :oops: :roll: ) in the 80's, I never thought I'd see that level of cheating and diving creep into the Ingerlish game. But the level of diving and cheating that goes on in the PL now is appalling and the retroactive ban is a good idea, although it should be a harsher penalty for cheating. Two of the worst divers I've ever seen are two of Ingerland's most lauded players; Stevie Me and Granny Molester. :oops: :x

LeftfootlegendGooner

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:08 am
goonertux wrote:
Modern?

Very very true. 8)

But somehow I think it's a bit more embarrassing and offensive when it's done by a player that came up through the supposedly "honest" Ingerlish game. As a kid watching the old First Division, hating and lambasting the dive-fest that was Italian football (watched by yuppies on channel 4 :oops: :roll: ) in the 80's, I never thought I'd see that level of cheating and diving creep into the Ingerlish game. But the level of diving and cheating that goes on in the PL now is appalling and the retroactive ban is a good idea, although it should be a harsher penalty for cheating. Two of the worst divers I've ever seen are two of Ingerland's most lauded players; Stevie Me and Granny Molester. :oops: :x
Agree also that it is well and truly a part of the PL now and those two were serial divers (I say were because Rooney can no longer get the required speed to trip himself up :roll: )but they have been well and truly usurped by the likes Alli and young who, if possible have taken diving to a whole new Olympic standard.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:01 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
goonertux wrote:
Modern?

Very very true. 8)

Agree also that it is well and truly a part of the PL now and those two were serial divers (I say were because Rooney can no longer get the required speed to trip himself up :roll: )but they have been well and truly usurped by the likes Alli and young who, if possible have taken diving to a whole new Olympic standard.
Absolutely. :oops: Deli Sandwich is such a diver that last season they put together a compilation of all his dives on Soccer Saturday... unheard of for a mainstream show to name and shame a serial diver like that... and not one of the pundits rolled out any of that old shit about "he played for that..." or "he's been clever there..." or "he anticipated the contact...". :roll:

They basically just said "he's a diver". :censored:

LeftfootlegendGooner

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:22 am
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:01 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
goonertux wrote:
Modern?

Very very true. 8)

Absolutely. :oops: Deli Sandwich is such a diver that last season they put together a compilation of all his dives on Soccer Saturday... unheard of for a mainstream show to name and shame a serial diver like that... and not one of the pundits rolled out any of that old shit about "he played for that..." or "he's been clever there..." or "he anticipated the contact...". :roll:

They basically just said "he's a diver". :censored:
Hasn't alli shalli fall over been booked 5 times for diving the season gone, now that should add up to a half season ban from next season I'd have thought :lol:

NickF

Post by NickF »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:02 am

Also, cúnts with double barrel surnames. :oops: :roll: :censored:
Watching the England u20 final yesterday, it seemed that most of the team have double barrel surnames (including our own Maitland-Niles).
Looks like you are going to have to get used to it. :wink:

SouthCoastArsenal

Post by SouthCoastArsenal »

The 'Fairplay' handshake at the start of a game
Dele Alli & Son's handshakes
Shit players using one name and having it on the back of their shirt (Dele)
Match day experience
11 mascots per team
Refs being household names
People asking you not to swear in the stands
The 'We've got Ozil chant'
Arsenal fans away from home having beer showers going 'fucking mental' in the concourse at half time whilst loads of morons film it
AFTV

Herd

Post by Herd »

SouthCoastArsenal wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:56 am
The 'Fairplay' handshake at the start of a game
Dele Alli & Son's handshakes
Shit players using one name and having it on the back of their shirt (Dele)
Match day experience
11 mascots per team
Refs being household names
People asking you not to swear in the stands
The 'We've got Ozil chant'
Arsenal fans away from home having beer showers going 'fucking mental' in the concourse at half time whilst loads of morons film it
AFTV
Tourists wandering around looking for their ticket exchange seats 10 mins after the game starts .
Getting Crap food and beverage at sky high prices delivered by by morons .
Being told there is an Arsenal way and that it is morally superior to anything else out there !

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

NickF wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:05 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

Watching the England u20 final yesterday, it seemed that most of the team have double barrel surnames (including our own Maitland-Niles).
Dare I suggest it's a generation of young players whose parents aren't married?????

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Mass excitement over fixture release day

I'm still trying to forget all the shite of the previous 9 months !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonertux wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:21 pm
NickF wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Dare I suggest it's a generation of young players whose parents aren't married?????
Possibly. :rubchin:

I know in certain parts of inner-city Dublin it's become a particularly emabarrassing modern phenomenon. You get kids called things like Chardonnay Murphy-Ryan... :oops: :roll: :lol: :wink:

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:52 pm
goonertux wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:21 pm
NickF wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Possibly. :rubchin:

I know in certain parts of inner-city Dublin it's become a particularly emabarrassing modern phenomenon. You get kids called things like Chardonnay Murphy-Ryan... :oops: :roll: :lol: :wink:
named after the reason for the pregnancy....chardonay

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Double barrelled names became popular in Ireland a few years back through Facebook..Suddenly most women were using their maiden name with their married name.. There was some sort of empowerment in it ..

Anyway back to the subject of the thread. Ray Wilkin's xenophobia ..Live on SSN last night..does this man ever tire of his English are best crusade..?