Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
robbo10

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by robbo10 »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:38 pm
:box:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:25 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:18 am
Anyone remember this Row-Z-bothering useless cúnt....? :oops: :lol:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ne-wenger/

:box: :censored:

When useless cúnts like this get rich from football you know it's fucked. :oops: :roll: :censored:
A quote from Barndoor in that "article" about why he ran at the Arsenal fans during that citeh match;

You can insult me no problem, but telling me my father washes elephants? I am not taking that...".

Was it not the scum that started that particular chant? The same scum he then joined a few years later? :lol: :roll:

Fucking moron. :censored:
Yeah, I did an eye roll at that one too :roll: he conveniently forgot when there was a singing on fee to be had eh ?
Notice he didn’t mention anything about his mother :evil:
Its Antelope his dad washes,thats why he was livid............

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

GERMAN FOOTBALL

I've read that Leon Goretka has signed a contract to join Bayern in July on a free transfer. We were linked with him a few months back and he's a really good player, so I was a bit pissed off and it made me think about the Bundesliga.

Bayern have won the last 5 league titles and will win it this year. that will make it 13 titles this milleneum! OK if it's a level playing field, but they seem to tap up players from other German clubs and hoover them up on free transfers, denying the other club of a fee. Lewandovski. Rudy, Rode, Goretka, Gotze, Kirchoff, Starke, Pizarro, Raeder, Olic, Baumjohann, Borowski, Butt, and Altintop have all arrived for nothing.

I can understand small countries having one or two dominant teams, but how can a country of 85 million people have a league which is a foregone conclusion every year. Who wants to pay to watch it?

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:37 pm
GERMAN FOOTBALL

I've read that Leon Goretka has signed a contract to join Bayern in July on a free transfer. We were linked with him a few months back and he's a really good player, so I was a bit pissed off and it made me think about the Bundesliga.

Bayern have won the last 5 league titles and will win it this year. that will make it 13 titles this milleneum! OK if it's a level playing field, but they seem to tap up players from other German clubs and hoover them up on free transfers, denying the other club of a fee. Lewandovski. Rudy, Rode, Goretka, Gotze, Kirchoff, Starke, Pizarro, Raeder, Olic, Baumjohann, Borowski, Butt, and Altintop have all arrived for nothing.

I can understand small countries having one or two dominant teams, but how can a country of 85 million people have a league which is a foregone conclusion every year. Who wants to pay to watch it?
Dunno really but it is very cheap and the beer is good apparently, perhaps that is good enough?, I agree though it is another tedious league just like most of the 'top' leagues just for different reasons.

I think the PL would probably have looked the same with United dominant and us winning the odd title, like BD, when they didn't hoover them up, if the overseas money from the likes of Abramovich and the UAE didn't flow in, better for those clubs but not for us, we have had to endure years of mediocrity (with worse to follow) and sky high prices, partly because the 'doping' has artificially push everything up, including for the fans.

Really annoys me when I hear clueless pudits saying stuff like the influx of oil money etc. is good as it has made things less predictable, because outside of the clubs with 'oil money' (and UTD) it really hasn't and it actually means the fans paying more and you could even argue some working class fans being priced out because of it, as clubs without 'oil money' can't afford to subsidise tickets while they are being pushed to try and compete with doped clubs (ok we don't even bother trying..) but still. :roll:

Football is like a bad habbit for me now, I have to watch the odd bit here and there, but it bores me stupid and there is no way I am going to pay to do so!.

:twisted:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:37 pm
GERMAN FOOTBALL

That's FC Hollywood for you. Somehow Bayern contrived to allow the likes of Stuttgart, Bremen, Kaiserslauten, Wolfsburg and Dortmund to all win the Bundesliga in the late 90s/00s. Leverkusen should also have won at least one title in that time, completely bottling it in both 2000 and 2002.

Unfortunately they've reverted to type - shocking how spending 2-3+ times as many as their nearest rivals help them to win the league every year And anytime somebody gets near threatening to challenge them on a long-term basis, they simply handicap them by signing their best players - see Gotze and Lewandowski with Dortmund, who were utterly powerless to stop them leaving.

Plenty of fantastic things about German football and the way it treats its fans, but let's be honest it isn't exciting.

NickF

Post by NickF »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:14 pm
Dunno really but it is very cheap and the beer is good apparently, perhaps that is good enough?
According to the BBC article which was published on here the other day Bayern averages £64.4 per fan through the turnstile which doesn't seem very cheap (by comparison we are £86.8). Not sure if Bayern is a one-off or whether cheap German football is actuall an urban myth???

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:50 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:14 pm
Dunno really but it is very cheap and the beer is good apparently, perhaps that is good enough?
According to the BBC article which was published on here the other day Bayern averages £64.4 per fan through the turnstile which doesn't seem very cheap (by comparison we are £86.8). Not sure if Bayern is a one-off or whether cheap German football is actuall an urban myth???
A quick Google:

The average price for the cheapest ticket in the Bundesliga is £10.33 and the average cost of the lowest price adult season ticket is £207.22, compared to £28.30 and £467.95 respectively in the English Premier League.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Nations League draw this Wednesday - the death of international football

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:29 am
International football has been dead for years,why anyone would want to see Rooney or Fat Tongue Kane doing well or winning World Cup medals is beyond me,added to that people from so-and-so qualifying to play for so-and-so because of a dog their great aunt twice removed had in 1748 makes it even more bollocks,
Maybe I'd be slightly swayed if England did play nice football and got to a WC semi final but I doubt it,I'd rather see Arsenal do well than my country,but I know some people still care for it,just not me.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

robbo10 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:03 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
International football has been dead for years,why anyone would want to see Rooney or Fat Tongue Kane doing well or winning World Cup medals is beyond me,added to that people from so-and-so qualifying to play for so-and-so because of a dog their great aunt twice removed had in 1748 makes it even more bollocks,
Maybe I'd be slightly swayed if England did play nice football and got to a WC semi final but I doubt it,I'd rather see Arsenal do well than my country,but I know some people still care for it,just not me.
No its not just you..I have little interest in Ireland or how they do in qualifying etc...What gets to me more than the dreary football here in Ireland is the Superfan. Just as in early spring Arsenal fans eagerly await the first mention of the War-Chest...in Ireland after qualifying for a tournament we await the first declaration by a Superfan that " there is no good reason why we can't do well in this tournament "..
The football is tedious, the qualification is like an elongated Champions League or Europa League group stages..I'm not sure what this new format means but I can't see myself getting overly excited..

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:15 am
robbo10 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
No its not just you..I have little interest in Ireland or how they do in qualifying etc...What gets to me more than the dreary football here in Ireland is the Superfan. Just as in early spring Arsenal fans eagerly await the first mention of the War-Chest...in Ireland after qualifying for a tournament we await the first declaration by a Superfan that " there is no good reason why we can't do well in this tournament "..
The football is tedious, the qualification is like an elongated Champions League or Europa League group stages..I'm not sure what this new format means but I can't see myself getting overly excited..
if you think World Cup/Euros qualifying is bad, just wait until this thing gets going :lol: :lol: :lol:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:15 am
robbo10 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Seeing "Yes man" Gareth Southgate talking bollocks about England's chances makes me laugh,he's only in the job because the FA can keep him under a tight reign,the little I have seen of England in qualifying (and its been very little) has been fucking dire,like I said I'd rather England failed abysmally than that horrible c*nt Dele Alli win the World Cup for my country.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I know that international football is a taboo phrase on this forum, but I don't see why replacing shit friendlies with a semi-competitive league where sides play other sides of similar calibre is exclusively a bad thing.

Swatting away second-, third- and fourth-rate sides for 2 years whilst putting in decent performances against bigger sides in friendlies hasn't exactly proved the best preparation for major tournaments for England in particular.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

northbank123 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:37 pm
I know that international football is a taboo phrase on this forum, but I don't see why replacing shit friendlies with a semi-competitive league where sides play other sides of similar calibre is exclusively a bad thing.

Swatting away second-, third- and fourth-rate sides for 2 years whilst putting in decent performances against bigger sides in friendlies hasn't exactly proved the best preparation for major tournaments for England in particular.
as far as I can see there are slots for six international matches this autumn.
for England we now know four of them - home and away matches v Spain and Croatia.
then we will still probably play another two "big" sides in the other 2 slots, so not a great deal of change.

the only problem is that should England win this "friendly group of 3" they go into the "friendly semi finals and final next June, where there will also be Euro 2020 qualifiers to be played because this autumn will be taken up of 4 "competitive" friendlies :banghead:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

half hour on and I am still trying to understand the Nations League "Play offs stage" :lol: :lol: :lol:

this is even MORE matches :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:37 pm

It's okay mate you can just say it. You mean Wales right?

:D :wink: