Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Mistical92

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by Mistical92 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:17 pm
I could be wrong here but I think the compulsory seating is based on capacity numbers? Below a certain number it's not compulsory? :rubchin:

Either way it must be great to stand on a terrace again. :barscarf: 8)
Nothing to do with capacity, once promoted to the Championship you've got 3 seasons of grace before you have to change to all seater (or have begun changing like Brentford). Burton are screwed if they manage to stay another 2 seasons in the Championship.

goonermarc

Post by goonermarc »

Wembley awarded 4 more games for Euro 2020.

UEFA painted it as 'Bringing international competition to cities who don't get the chance to host competitions'. Utter bollocks, they don't want the 30,000 seater venues of Wroclaw, Lens etc hosting matches anymore when they can have 50,000 venues across the continent - if they could get away with Wembley hosting every game they would.
90,000 mugs...err 'fans' paying £100+ per ticket = €€€€€. Just like their pathetic excuse when they awarded Wembley two CL finals in 3 years as some sort of '100 years commemoration'.

These fuckers have ruined what was the best international competition by increasing the number of teams, now they are cashing in on it.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

i see that there will be 200 "LIVE ON TV" games in the new TV deal.

sounds like the death of the 3pm Saturday fixture.
also I notice that there are going to be Saturday 7.45pm kick offs and the 4pm Sunday slot has been scrapped - that will now be 4.30pm.

must be looking at the US audience :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:24 pm
i see that there will be 200 "LIVE ON TV" games in the new TV deal.

sounds like the death of the 3pm Saturday fixture.
also I notice that there are going to be Saturday 7.45pm kick offs and the 4pm Sunday slot has been scrapped - that will now be 4.30pm.

must be looking at the US audience :roll:
^^^ This 100%

I can get my head round a couple of live games on a Sunday but now with Friday night, Saturday lunchtime and evening, Sundays anytime and Monday nights, we'll be left with 1 or 2 matches every Saturday at 3pm. Pile of bollocks when it comes to organising a decent piss up or night out around an away game. Forest in the cup a case in point - already put back to 4pm Sunday just to make sure its the shittest possible journey back to London.

How long before we follow that egg throwing nonsense they play in the States and start playing a few games outside of England? Pile of *****

Clash

Post by Clash »

Agree about the TV thing.

And whats all this ''Derby Day'' bullshit ? Quite obviously Sky are allowed to manipulate the fixture list so they can hype it up and sell it around the world. It was the same with their ''Grand Slam Sunday'' nonsense. Only a fool would believe that is how the fixtures randomly came out .... so here we have another example of a situation where the Premier League and that odious prick Scudamore have sold out and allowed a fucking TV station to dictate. Old news of course but it still fucking annoys me.

Sky like to act like they rejuvenated the game and took it to another level. The truth is they have ruined football, especially for the people that historically mattered the most ... the match-going fans. The very ones who kept the game alive and kicking for over 100 years before Sky even existed.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Clash wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:47 pm
Agree about the TV thing.

And whats all this ''Derby Day'' bullshit ? Quite obviously Sky are allowed to manipulate the fixture list so they can hype it up and sell it around the world. It was the same with their ''Grand Slam Sunday'' nonsense. Only a fool would believe that is how the fixtures randomly came out .... so here we have another example of a situation where the Premier League and that odious prick Scudamore have sold out and allowed a fucking TV station to dictate. Old news of course but it still fucking annoys me.

Sky like to act like they rejuvenated the game and took it to another level. The truth is they have ruined football, especially for the people that historically mattered the most ... the match-going fans. The very ones who kept the game alive and kicking for over 100 years before Sky even existed.
The lengths Sky go to hype games is cringey , wasn't it last season we had Red Monday between Liverpool and Manchester United? Turned out to be an awful game...
I can't wait for Huddersfield v Brighton in Blue and White Stripes Tuesday...

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Modern Football Bollox

Chelsea sub at the Olympic stadium holding a hot water bottle to his FACE???

As Johnathon Pearce the commentator said...what would "Chopper"Harris and Billy Bonds think about that.. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Thought about toothache ,? or perhaps earache .

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Some 2 bob wanker playing for Celtic had his squad number on his gloves...........CIINT

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:54 am
Modern Football Bollox

Chelsea sub at the Olympic stadium holding a hot water bottle to his FACE???

As Johnathon Pearce the commentator said...what would "Chopper"Harris and Billy Bonds think about that.. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
:oops: :oops:

Fuck Chopper Harris - what would even a big girl's blouse think about it? :lol: :oops: :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Celebrity pundit in the studio yesterday at Old Trafford. Noel Gallagher is a genuine Manchester City fan , but what can he offer a serious match day discussion? It becomes Soccer AM stuff.
Even his goal "celebration " looked false.
Also on Saturday West Ham United defender Fonte was a studio pundit for their game against Chelsea. How can he be objective or critical ?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Today is the anniversary of Dial Square playing their first match on the Isle of Dogs in 1886. :barscarf: 8)

You have to wonder what those players and club founders would make of Modern Arsenal and modern football in general huh? :rubchin:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:34 am
Today is the anniversary of Dial Square playing their first match on the Isle of Dogs in 1886. :barscarf: 8)

You have to wonder what those players and club founders would make of Modern Arsenal and modern football in general huh? :rubchin:
Who is this Dial Square you speak of. They can have no relationship with Arsenal, as we were founded in 1996 :)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BFG4 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:02 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:34 am

Who is this Dial Square you speak of. They can have no relationship with Arsenal, as we were founded in 1996 :)
:lol:

wibble

Post by wibble »

I see city have joined in with the cringeworthy dressing room selfies after their win at old Trafford.

What's wrong with waiting until you've actually won a trophy (and not the 4th placed trophy like our lot)

The city players even had silver confetti

FFS!