Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
postiey

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by postiey »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:00 pm
Chelsea fans..the ultimate modern football bollocks..Singing "Champions of England..you'll never sing that " to Huddersfield fans tonight....but I suppose if you don't have history how are you meant to know the game's history.?
That's wrong.They did'nt sing that,they sang "champions of england we'll sing it till may"

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

greengooner wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:30 pm

if I were a lake you could wade across me and not get your trouser legs wet 8)
:lol:

A future in romantic novels beckons :shock: :barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Pricks like Rio Ferdinand trying to introduce new words or meanings of words into the football vernacular.

His pathetic attempt to bring 'silks' into popular use failed miserably as far as I am aware .... yesterday he tried several times to use the word 'cheat' or 'cheating' to describe players who don't play the tactics expected of them but instead play further forward. At least I think that's what he meant :roll:

Anyway I think I can speak for us all when I say, fuck off Rio!

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

So the UAE win the PL by a mile.. with Merchandise United 2nd, Oligarch FC 3rd waaay ahead of Arsenal (USA), Liverpool (USA) and Spurs (Bahama's Joe).

This is sport?.

:roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:19 pm
Pricks like Rio Ferdinand trying to introduce new words or meanings of words into the football vernacular.

His pathetic attempt to bring 'silks' into popular use failed miserably as far as I am aware .... yesterday he tried several times to use the word 'cheat' or 'cheating' to describe players who don't play the tactics expected of them but instead play further forward. At least I think that's what he meant :roll:

Anyway I think I can speak for us all when I say, fuck off Rio!
:lol: :lol:

That fucking frankly embarrassing shit with "silks" was sooooo bad even the frankly embarrassing no-mates gang on Soccer Fucking AM objected to it and usually anything any footballer has to say is met with much masturbatory joy by that shower of burst hedgehogs. :shock:

:D

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

I think the quality in the Premier League is poor this season that's why City can go unbeaten. United look average considering what they have spent. Chelsea are weaker without Costa and Matic. Spurs are just Spurs. Liverpool have a bad defence and we are poor. If you add that the others teams are playing for a draw against the top 6 then it doesn't really add up to exciting football to watch.
11 Million a game for Sky and they serve us up this season.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:23 am
I think the quality in the Premier League is poor this season that's why City can go unbeaten. United look average considering what they have spent. Chelsea are weaker without Costa and Matic. Spurs are just Spurs. Liverpool have a bad defence and we are poor. If you add that the others teams are playing for a draw against the top 6 then it doesn't really add up to exciting football to watch.
TBH I don't think it will be one of the so called "big clubs" that will beat them. I can see them get too cocky and turn up away somewhere and underestimate the "small club" oppo and get done 1-0.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

It's not strictly speaking modern football bollocks, but clubs canceling their christmas party.

PR stunt. :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

arseofacrow wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:28 pm
It's not strictly speaking modern football bollocks, but clubs canceling their christmas party.

PR stunt. :rubchin:
It is certainly PR bollocks I agree, but also I think it qualifies as modern football bollocks too - this forced PR shite of "Look we are one with the poor hard working fans and won't go on the piss until results pick up". The clubs and the rich players are so out of touch with the fans that they feel this need to show they aren't. :roll:

Can you imagine teams in the 70's and 80's cancelling or postponing their Xmas parties because results were not up to scratch? :lol: :wink:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:01 pm
supergeorgegraham wrote:
TBH I don't think it will be one of the so called "big clubs" that will beat them. I can see them get too cocky and turn up away somewhere and underestimate the "small club" oppo and get done 1-0.
We're gonna beat them 1-0??? I just can't see it. :? :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:09 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:01 pm
supergeorgegraham wrote:
We're gonna beat them 1-0??? I just can't see it. :? :lol: :lol:
:lol:

It will be his greatest ever achievement since his last greatest ever achievement... :D

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Managers with earpieces,

and the stupid new kick-off procedure..........cu*t right off.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Actually I think the quality of the Prem is on the up this season, especially compared to the last few which were horrid...see LC winning the title.

I guess we'll really see when the knock out stages of the CL gets going and see how many English teams make it to the quarters and semi finals.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:47 pm
Actually I think the quality of the Prem is on the up this season, especially compared to the last few which were horrid...see LC winning the title.

I guess we'll really see when the knock out stages of the CL gets going and see how many English teams make it to the quarters and semi finals.

Yeah the LC win was a weird season but I'm not seeing quality football this season apart from City and the Liverpool attack. Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs have all gone backward and the games I'm seeing on TV are not so entertaining apart from Burnley who are having a blinder. You have to admit that the Spanish teams have dropped and overall the quality in the Champ League is making our teams look good so they will probably do well apart from Spurs who will lose.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

postiey wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:49 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:00 pm
Chelsea fans..the ultimate modern football bollocks..Singing "Champions of England..you'll never sing that " to Huddersfield fans tonight....but I suppose if you don't have history how are you meant to know the game's history.?
That's wrong.They did'nt sing that,they sang "champions of england we'll sing it till may"
:rubchin: