Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by NickF »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:33 pm
so who is going to be staying up to see who we draw in the league cup this week ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40998964
WTF???
The draw is in Beijing but there is no live coverage on TV or the internet. Not at all open to corruption.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Never been one for deriding the League Cup as "Mickey Mouse", but they're doing their best to turn it that way. It's an English trophy, foreigners fuck off :wink: :barscarf:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Holding the draw for the League Cup in Beijing at 4 in the morning to accommodate the Chinese and South Asian "market." :twisted: :banghead:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:58 am
Holding the draw for the League Cup in Beijing at 4 in the morning to accommodate the Chinese and South Asian "market." :twisted: :banghead:
semi finals to be held in the Birds Nest Stadium in Beijing at 3am UK time :D :wink:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:57 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:21 am
Christ almighty the "women" (and I use that term loosely) don't even make good pundits. Every one of them I've seen trying to pundit make Robbie Savage look like a Footballing Oracle steeped in deep knowledge. :roll: :lol:

Stay with your own game, bitches! :banghead: :censored: :cussing:

PC Hipster wánkers - fuck off and go watch the women's game and enjoy all your "inclusiveness" horseshit you wanktards. :roll: :x :censored:

:D
Almost every girlfriend that I had back in the day hated Football.
The only thing that these feminist snowflakes hate more than Football,is the fact that Men enjoy it,and congregate together to watch it.
They hated the fact that they couldn't exercise control over the game,or the men watching it,which is why they had to undermine it using the usual,"all men are rapists",style denegration,and attempt to infiltrate the sport and subvert it,rather than merely establish their own structures.
Imagine the wails of fury if men demanded positions on the board of the womens F.A. etc,yet that is what they demand within the mens game.
Also,why can't they come up with their own competitions in sport,instead of merely copying the formats developed by men.For example "The Ashes" cricket series came about as a result of a series of games between two teams of men,and the "ashes" were the remains of the bails which were burnt after Austrailia heavily defeated England.
So why is there a "womans" Ashes series? They had nothing to do with its creation.
Nice post mate. Agree with all your points. Apparently the FA pumped £15m into the womens game last year. No prizes for guessing which side of the gender divide most of that money was generated from.

And a few weeks back while listening to 5 Live in the car, there was this obvious BBC agenda to push the women's world cup on everyone. They even dropped the 'ladies' tag and just called them England :roll: Some of the stuff I heard on the radio was ridiculous. When England (ladies) played Scotland (ladies) one of the England girls talked about what a big fixture it was, with a rivalry that goes back over 100 years. Fuck off does it!

Like with the club teams, they're just latching on to the history of the men's game and trying to give your own risible team and competition the same importance. Create your own teams and stadiums and attract your own fans ... and then see how equal and important it is ... and see how long all those people who pretend to be interested in following it stick around.

The propaganda did work on one particularly nauseating fat hairy cunnt at the BBC though. Otherwise know as Jonathan Pierce. 'JP' (as they call him 'cos he's like everyone's mate :roll: ) said in the build up to the England v Holland ladies semi final that, for him, this game had the same importance as when England played Germany in semi finals in Turin in 1990 and Euro 96 at Wembley :roll: He actually said that live on air, the fat prick!

What a pathetic fat wanker that bloke is. The snippets of his commentary on the games that I heard was fucking laughable. Screaming and shouting with passion .... obviously faked. He is trying too hard to look like a pioneer for the womens game and overdoing it in shocking style. They're not gonna let you fuck them JP so give it a rest!

Sean

Post by Sean »

Well fucking said :barscarf:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:04 am
Rugby Gooner wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:58 am
semi finals to be held in the Birds Nest Stadium in Beijing at 3am UK time :D :wink:
And the Final in Qatar at 12 mid-day?

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

I personally can't wait for the day it disappears up its own arsehole,and the stadiums will have a few millionaires watching a load of other millionaires kicking a bit of fake leather around,surely it cannot sustain its current pricing?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:23 am
Rugby Gooner wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:57 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:21 am
Christ almighty the "women" (and I use that term loosely) don't even make good pundits. Every one of them I've seen trying to pundit make Robbie Savage look like a Footballing Oracle steeped in deep knowledge. :roll: :lol:

Stay with your own game, bitches! :banghead: :censored: :cussing:

PC Hipster wánkers - fuck off and go watch the women's game and enjoy all your "inclusiveness" horseshit you wanktards. :roll: :x :censored:

:D
Almost every girlfriend that I had back in the day hated Football.
The only thing that these feminist snowflakes hate more than Football,is the fact that Men enjoy it,and congregate together to watch it.
They hated the fact that they couldn't exercise control over the game,or the men watching it,which is why they had to undermine it using the usual,"all men are rapists",style denegration,and attempt to infiltrate the sport and subvert it,rather than merely establish their own structures.
Imagine the wails of fury if men demanded positions on the board of the womens F.A. etc,yet that is what they demand within the mens game.
Also,why can't they come up with their own competitions in sport,instead of merely copying the formats developed by men.For example "The Ashes" cricket series came about as a result of a series of games between two teams of men,and the "ashes" were the remains of the bails which were burnt after Austrailia heavily defeated England.
So why is there a "womans" Ashes series? They had nothing to do with its creation.
Nice post mate. Agree with all your points. Apparently the FA pumped £15m into the womens game last year. No prizes for guessing which side of the gender divide most of that money was generated from.

And a few weeks back while listening to 5 Live in the car, there was this obvious BBC agenda to push the women's world cup on everyone. They even dropped the 'ladies' tag and just called them England :roll: Some of the stuff I heard on the radio was ridiculous. When England (ladies) played Scotland (ladies) one of the England girls talked about what a big fixture it was, with a rivalry that goes back over 100 years. Fuck off does it!

Like with the club teams, they're just latching on to the history of the men's game and trying to give your own risible team and competition the same importance. Create your own teams and stadiums and attract your own fans ... and then see how equal and important it is ... and see how long all those people who pretend to be interested in following it stick around.

The propaganda did work on one particularly nauseating fat hairy cunnt at the BBC though. Otherwise know as Jonathan Pierce. 'JP' (as they call him 'cos he's like everyone's mate :roll: ) said in the build up to the England v Holland ladies semi final that, for him, this game had the same importance as when England played Germany in semi finals in Turin in 1990 and Euro 96 at Wembley :roll: He actually said that live on air, the fat prick!

What a pathetic fat wanker that bloke is. The snippets of his commentary on the games that I heard was fucking laughable. Screaming and shouting with passion .... obviously faked. He is trying too hard to look like a pioneer for the womens game and overdoing it in shocking style. They're not gonna let you fuck them JP so give it a rest!
Fantastic post. 8)

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

robbo10 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:24 am
I personally can't wait for the day it disappears up its own arsehole,and the stadiums will have a few millionaires watching a load of other millionaires kicking a bit of fake leather around,surely it cannot sustain its current pricing?
Could happen, I notice Man City were not sold out last night, I know it was a Monday night TV game but still, against decent oppo and with the amount of new signings and big money players on display you would think it would sell out, also notice Spurs vs Chelsea attendance was 'only' 73,500, again you would think against the chavs in a London derby surely a sell out even at Wembley?.

The end is nigh :twisted: and it can't come soon enough :twisted:

Would be funny if Spurs spent £800M on their new ground and can't even sell it out, they will for the first few seasons, like we did for the first 10 but once the novelty wears off..

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:36 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:24 am
Could happen, I notice Man City were not sold out last night, I know it was a Monday night TV game but still, against decent oppo and with the amount of new signings and big money players on display you would think it would sell out, also notice Spurs vs Chelsea attendance was 'only' 73,500, again you would think against the chavs in a London derby surely a sell out even at Wembley?.

The end is nigh :twisted: and it can't come soon enough :twisted:

Would be funny if Spurs spent £800M on their new ground and can't even sell it out, they will for the first few seasons, like we did for the first 10 but once the novelty wears off..
Man City have been heavily advertising on radio their V.I.P experience for their upcoming matches, which suggests they are struggling to sell them.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

StuartL wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:30 pm

Man City have been heavily advertising on radio their V.I.P experience for their upcoming matches, which suggests they are struggling to sell them.
And there was a article somewhere online (can't find it atm) about Arsenal staff asking on LinkedIn about selling club level tickets to any Tom, Dick or Harry, smacks of desparation as well.

Sadly the TV money will more than make up for any lost revenue from tickets, however at least it might embarrass the club even more than the manager (and owner) already do.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Irrespective of the newspaper I always start at the back, as sport is more important and interesting than anything else.

I've just been reading a national paper online and saw the headline,"Pogba unveils new haircut".

Punchworthy on so many levels.

Pogba; why would you post a picture of your new haircut? You're a footballer? You have a new haircut every other day. Who gives a shit?

The reporter and editor of the paper; why would you consider this a story?

General public wankers; why would you use up some of your one and only life to comment on somebody's haircut?

General public wankers; why would you waste your time commenting on other people's comments on a footballer's haircut.

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:30 pm
Irrespective of the newspaper I always start at the back, as sport is more important and interesting than anything else.

I've just been reading a national paper online and saw the headline,"Pogba unveils new haircut".

Pogba; why would you post a picture of your new haircut? You're a footballer? You have a new haircut every other day. Who gives a shit?

General public wankers; why would you use up some of your one and only life to comment on somebody's haircut?

General public wankers; why would you waste your time commenting on other people's comments on a footballer's haircut.

But getting so upset about it and posting on a forum is ok ? :box: :wink: :-P

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:00 pm
GranadaJoe wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:30 pm

But getting so upset about it and posting on a forum is ok ? :box: :wink: :-P

On a thread called 'Modern Football Bollocks, it's not only OK, it's obligatory.