Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by NickF »

Clash wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:30 am
augie wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:37 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:11 am
The scum achieved more in 90 minutes last night than we managed in the last FIVE years of the Champions League last 16 :banghead:

Against last seasons runners up too :cry: Weren't they supposed to collapse after going 2 down after 9 minutes ?

Amazing what you can achieve when you have players with guts and courage :oops: :oops: :banghead: :banghead: :censored:
And last season Leicester also got to the CL QF having knocked a Sevilla side that had won the previous two Europa finals.

Still fancy Juventus for a 1-0 win at Wembley. My main problem with last night is seeing a team that hasnt won its domestic title for almost 60 years being allowed into a competition called the Champions League.
Totally agree.
Suddenly as a club we could now get big money in without actually having to win the league. Just reaching top 4 became (and probably still viewed as) acceptable. Also reckon (pray) that Juve will beat them at wembley.

augie

Post by augie »

I see BT Sports have lost the Saturday evening matches - are they about to go the same way as previous challengers espn and itv sport ?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... gh-to-2022

At this stage I just wish someone in power copped on to the reality that we need LESS games on tv not more :roll:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

augie wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:18 pm
I see BT Sports have lost the Saturday evening matches - are they about to go the same way as previous challengers espn and itv sport ?

At this stage I just wish someone in power copped on to the reality that we need LESS games on tv not more :roll:
from 2019 onwards things are going to be worse than ever - Saturday afternoon games will be a rareity.
for me though the more football on TV the more i tend not to watch it.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:50 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:18 pm

from 2019 onwards things are going to be worse than ever - Saturday afternoon games will be a rareity.
for me though the more football on TV the more i tend not to watch it.
FA Cup only has two Saturday 3pm Kick offs this weekend and next round will have none.

I generally only go to Saturday 3pm games and midweek games. I don't want to get to Highbury for noon for a Saturday game nor be leaving on Saturday at 8pm. I have done both on occasion, but with the games on TV I just record them and get on doing other things. Spent a few Saturdays at Orient in recent years with Arsenal games shifted to Sunday. Sunday football is pretty disruptive so I tend to record games and avoid scores to watch them late at night.

Midweek (including Monday & Friday) is great as I can finish work, watch the game, have a few beers and catch the last train home. Or just stay until I get kicked out of a pub on a Friday these days as happened when we saw 89 in Islington.

hertsgunner

Post by hertsgunner »

Just been browsing through a few of my programs from the 1980s everything about them makes you feel that the fan was a big part of the Arsenal family. The photos of some our kits were class especially the yellow and blue shirt from the FA cup semi final v Orient 1978 with the cannon in the middle facing the proper direction. How times have changed and not always for the good.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

That's it for the two season tickets , whats the point ? you can't run a life around ever changing schedules. They can have TV money or turnstile cash. At the moment TV is king but It is going down.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

A11M11 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:36 pm
That's it for the two season tickets , whats the point ? you can't run a life around ever changing schedules. They can have TV money or turnstile cash. At the moment TV is king but It is going down.
Do the clubs agree to the ridiculous tv schedules as they actually don’t want season ticket holders in the number like they used to ?
Casual fans spend more in the shop, programmes, etc, etc

When I had a season ticket it was mostly Saturdays with a few Sunday matches and the odd mid-week, nowdays, as we know it can be any day of the week from Monday night through to Sunday afternoon, who has the time in their live to commit to a football club to that degree ?
Unless you live and work on the doorstep of Islington, there will always be games that you are unable to attend.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

the top 4 now being the big 6

Clash

Post by Clash »

Cool and trendy new sayings that everyone who is cool and trendy latches onto:

The business end of the season - its been around a few years now to be fair. Still irritates me though. It just means the end of the season doesn't it?

The end game - where the hell did this come from? Politicians or political analysts often use it and they can fuck right off! But now its being used in football :banghead:

The Press / Beating the press - just a fancy way of talking about closing the opposition down or how to deal with it.

The bounce - the positive short-term effect of appointing a new manager.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Stand by for Rivalry Weekend ... only on SkySports!

This is what football is all about ... manipulating the fixture list so you can promote your product!

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

Clash wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:54 am

This is what football is all about ... manipulating the fixture list so you can promote your product!
They're calling it Rivalry Weekend? Only fixture i can see is Manure vs Victims :x

Clash

Post by Clash »

CloakedGooner wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:03 am
Clash wrote:

They're calling it Rivalry Weekend? Only fixture i can see is Manure vs Victims :x
Yeah and that game is usually shit to watch!

The other classics are:

Hibs v Hearts
Villa v Wolves
Rangers v Celtic
Forest v Derby

:roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

They should call it "Fabricated Bollocks Weekend".

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

Clash wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:10 am
CloakedGooner wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:03 am
Clash wrote:

Yeah and that game is usually shit to watch!

The other classics are:

Hibs v Hearts
Villa v Wolves
Rangers v Celtic
Forest v Derby

:roll:
Ah. A bunch of shite derbies that no one cares about! Bring it on 8)

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

I see season ticket prices for the scums new stadium will be between £795-£1995 :shock:

They're going the same way as us in diluting the fan base by the looks of it :lol: