Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by NickF »

BFG4 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:56 pm
I didn't know which thread to put this, but fuck the FA and their 'rainbow laces campaign':

I have zero problem with gay people, but i do have a problem with self-serving bullshit. The way to deal with homophobia in football, is to educate people on it when they are young, in the hope they will have the correct attitude towards people who are different to them, when they are older. I can't see a homophobic person, changing their attitude towards gay people, because they see a footballer with stripy laces. This nonsense is right up there with people who create hashtags on social media, whenever a tragedy happens. It's all self-serving, PC bullshit, which does nothing to help or tackle the issues in question.

Rant over :banghead:
Us in the lower leagues (Southend United) have to put up with rainbow corner flags "in support of LGBT+". I go to watch a football match, I couldn't care less if the players or supporters are LBGT+ as it is completely irrelevent.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

NickF wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:14 am
BFG4 wrote:
I didn't know which thread to put this, but fuck the FA and their 'rainbow laces campaign':

I have zero problem with gay people, but i do have a problem with self-serving bullshit. The way to deal with homophobia in football, is to educate people on it when they are young, in the hope they will have the correct attitude towards people who are different to them, when they are older. I can't see a homophobic person, changing their attitude towards gay people, because they see a footballer with stripy laces. This nonsense is right up there with people who create hashtags on social media, whenever a tragedy happens. It's all self-serving, PC bullshit, which does nothing to help or tackle the issues in question.

Us in the lower leagues (Southend United) have to put up with rainbow corner flags "in support of LGBT+". I go to watch a football match, I couldn't care less if the players or supporters are LBGT+ as it is completely irrelevent.
It's all part of the need to be seen doing and saying the right things. I wouldn't say it is totally political correctness, more social media correctness. In time of tragedy we fall over ourselves to get to social media to outdo the previous post or tweet in profoundness and poignancy. " In my thoughts and prayers" how meaningless of a statement is that in an essentially godless world?
In Dublin we have a homeless crisis, which is played out daily on social media with the poor unfortunate homeless people pawns in a game of forced and false indignation with our Government..Not exonerating our useless Government but in reality for some homelessness is a lifestyle choice. Yet why let a fact take from ones right to voice ones opinion ( usually with dreadfu grammar and spelling) on social media.
I'm not homophobic , but if I was the sight of 22 pairs of rainbow laces taking to the pitch at a game wouldn't educate me or change my opinion.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Well thank God for the Rainbow laces, corner flags and badges - I think it's safe to say that was a resounding success and there is now no homophobia left in football or indeed in the world. Thank you PC hipsters, thank you FA, thank you social media tossers.

:gayflag: :barscarf: :gayflag:

I'm hoping they have something equally ingenious planned to end racism next weekend! :barscarf:

#endofdiscrimination

:roll: :censored:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:14 am
Well thank God for the Rainbow laces, corner flags and badges - I think it's safe to say that was a resounding success and there is now no homophobia left in football or indeed in the world. Thank you PC hipsters, thank you FA, thank you social media tossers.

I'm hoping they have something equally ingenious planned to end racism next weekend! :barscarf:

#endofdiscrimination

Black laces? :?

GTG

Post by GTG »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:21 pm
GTG wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:14 pm
To the majority if not all gooners..... beating tottenham home and away are the sweetest league victories you can have taken in isolation.

If beating West Ham led to winning the league that easily trumps it without a doubt.

Tottenham will always be our most hated enemy... but I've always looked at "rivals" as teams we are competing against, hence why I had a massive dislike of United back in the late 90s early 00's.

I think what some on here are trying to suggest is by all means tottenham are our biggest enemy but they should not be looked at as our rivals given the resources the club has available, the size of the fanbase and overall potential.

Sadly at the moment tottenham fit into both categories and Burnley are our rivals :D
I don't know anything about you, mate, and I'm not having a go at you here, but honestly if you've been at numerous NLD's over the decades and seen the hatred and heard the chants and been "coined" :shock: :lol: and felt the bitter intimidation and experienced the violence outside their shithole, then the scum will always be our rival no matter how we define the word "rival".
Oh i've felt it plenty of times.... I had a glass bottle miss my head by inches coming out of the 5-4 game at the toilet. Then the following year got spat at by some guy who looked in his 40's as the stewards decided it would be a good idea to search everyone right outside the away section. They're scum no other word for them. I'm not into football bother by any stretch but they are one bunch of fans where I wouldn't hesitate to defend myself because they will start on anyone. I hate them with a passion..... I guess I just don't like to consider them rivals as they're shit and always will be. More the sworn enemy :D

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

DB10GOONER wrote:

#endofdiscrimination

The object of these pretty pointless episodes is to make the social warrior community feel better about themselves, and it can therefore be considered a resounding success. Their moral superiority is established. Then can now move on to world hunger and climate change.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

flash gunner wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:01 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

#endofdiscrimination

What are they going to play Agadoo across the tannoy at half time at every match ?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:25 pm
flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

#endofdiscrimination

What are they going to play Agadoo across the tannoy at half time at every match ?
Well if it brings an end to racism, I say go for it! :barscarf:

:D :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:50 am
StuartL wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

#endofdiscrimination

:lol:

You never know its worth a try. If only Martin Luther King had known about that song, all that i have a dream b***ocks :roll:

shu

Post by shu »

NickF wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:14 am
BFG4 wrote:

There was a thing on the news about the girl bloody guides taking some moral approach on young kids who don't know whether they are a boy or a girl. How the hell does this make the news, how many are we talking about here 0.00001% of the population. Look on the bright side when we are ruled by Shariah law we won't have to put up with this crap and rainblow laces your having a laugh , just educuate them at school , no more Janet and John more Herbert and Willy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:07 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
StuartL wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

#endofdiscrimination

You never know its worth a try. If only Martin Luther King had known about that song, all that i have a dream b***ocks :roll:
:coffeespit:

If he'd just learned the fucking Birdie Song dance then all those white police officers wouldn't be shooting dead black dudes in the US. :banghead:

Martin Luther King. Selfish Bastard. :censored:

:shock: :wink:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:57 pm
flash gunner wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:07 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
StuartL wrote:
flash gunner wrote:

:coffeespit:

If he'd just learned the fucking Birdie Song dance then all those white police officers wouldn't be shooting dead black dudes in the US. :banghead:

Martin Luther King. Selfish Bastard. :censored:

:shock: :wink:

If you remember, he wanted little black boys and black girls to play with little white boys and white girls. No mention of transgender, gender neutral, gender-fluid etc. he's clearly phobic against those groups!! We should tear all his statues down and cancel his day.

NickF

Post by NickF »

As some of you may know, I now get my football fix from watching Southend, who like Arsenal, are unbeaten at home this season (though truth be told, we haven't actually won too many). The big plus points has been new away grounds as we don't really get that many at Arsenal.

Next week I am going away to Bristol and was amazed to see you can actually still stand on a terrace there as an away supporter.
It was also the same for Yeovil in the cup, the home fan were on terracing.

I genuinely did not realise this still existed in the lower leagues.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:13 pm
As some of you may know, I now get my football fix from watching Southend, who like Arsenal, are unbeaten at home this season (though truth be told, we haven't actually won too many). The big plus points has been new away grounds as we don't really get that many at Arsenal.

Next week I am going away to Bristol and was amazed to see you can actually still stand on a terrace there as an away supporter.
It was also the same for Yeovil in the cup, the home fan were on terracing.

I genuinely did not realise this still existed in the lower leagues.
I could be wrong here but I think the compulsory seating is based on capacity numbers? Below a certain number it's not compulsory? :rubchin:

Either way it must be great to stand on a terrace again. :barscarf: 8)

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-42265978

Can't believe this hasn't been brought in at the bowl yet. Only a matter of time.