Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by Redarmy »

Gazidis major achievement....

The London-listed company BNN Technology has signed a deal to bring Arsenal Football Club merchandise to football-mad consumers in the Chinese market.

BNN will run an online store through Alibaba-owned marketplace Tmall, which accounted for more than half of retail e-commerce sales in China last year.

FUCK IT aint getting my money ...

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

What has become of our beloved game and our once cherished team and club - YARBLES! :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:23 am
What has become of our beloved game and our once cherished team and club - YARBLES! :banghead:
Is "Yarbles" your new favourite word....? :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:08 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
It's from the book A Clockwork Orange' by Anthony....??? can remember right now - It was made into a film as well..

Aaaaaaaaanywaay...It means 'Testicles' and seemed like an appropriate 'word of the day' so there ya go...

so

"YARBLES" :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:28 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:08 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
It's from the book A Clockwork Orange' by Anthony....??? can remember right now - It was made into a film as well..

Aaaaaaaaanywaay...It means 'Testicles' and seemed like an appropriate 'word of the day' so there ya go...

so

"YARBLES" :lol:
No shit, Sherlock... :roll:

:D :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:24 pm
Gazidis major achievement....

The London-listed company BNN Technology has signed a deal to bring Arsenal Football Club merchandise to football-mad consumers in the Chinese market.

BNN will run an online store through Alibaba-owned marketplace Tmall, which accounted for more than half of retail e-commerce sales in China last year.

FUCK IT aint getting my money ...
There used to be a football club in N5 - now its an international sportswear, broadcasting and property franchise that has a sideline in a few wankers running around occasionally

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

nobody sums up .....Modern Football Bollox.....like our THEO ..... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Brazillian Ladyboys being sold for £200 million,and being paid £500 grand a week. :shock: :banghead:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:12 am
nobody sums up .....Modern Football Bollox.....like our THEO ..... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
he loves the club you know :barscarf: :roll: :wink:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

I was at the Arsenal v Leicester City game on Monday,North Bank,Lower.
There was a woman next to me on my right,and her partner,(I assume),directly behind her,a row back.
Now bearing in mind that it was a pretty good game to watch,they spent most of it taking pics on their respective phones of each other.
First,she had to have her pic taken sunglasses on,then sunglasses off.She then made him nip to to shop in the north Bank to buy her a scarf.She then had to have her pic taken scarf on,then again scarf off.
He then wanted his pic taken with his new 3rd kit shirt on,and they then proceeded to take several selfies together,lips pouted etc.
In the intervals when they weren't taking pics,she was constantly using her phone in selfie mode to check herself out. :roll: :banghead:

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:02 pm
There was a woman next to me on my right,and her partner,(I assume),directly behind her,a row back.
Now bearing in mind that it was a pretty good game to watch,they spent most of it taking pics on their respective phones of each other.
First,she had to have her pic taken sunglasses on,then sunglasses off.She then made him nip to to shop in the north Bank to buy her a scarf.She then had to have her pic taken scarf on,then again scarf off.
He then wanted his pic taken with his new 3rd kit shirt on,and they then proceeded to take several selfies together,lips pouted etc.
In the intervals when they weren't taking pics,she was constantly using her phone in selfie mode to check herself out. :roll: :banghead:
I think this is a modern culture problem not just football, people cant enjoy the moment, they have to live a staged version of thier own lives via thier phone/ facebook etc.

Spend more time trying to convince thier friends they have a fun life, than actually having fun enjoying life.

"I can't get me nut round it" !!!!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:22 pm
Rugby Gooner wrote:
I think this is a modern culture problem not just football, people cant enjoy the moment, they have to live a staged version of thier own lives via thier phone/ facebook etc.

Spend more time trying to convince thier friends they have a fun life, than actually having fun enjoying life.

Me too - It's like people posting their holiday photos each and every day while they are away :banghead:
Enjoy the fucking holiday then put a few pictures up when you get home - you are also telling every tom dick and harry that you are away and your house is empty too.

So many people appear to try and live their lives for other people's benefit - I truly don't care how far you ran, cycled, walked just enjoy doing it if that's what you want to do.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

StuartL wrote:
AkneyGooner wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:

Me too - It's like people posting their holiday photos each and every day while they are away :banghead:
Enjoy the fucking holiday then put a few pictures up when you get home - you are also telling every tom dick and harry that you are away and your house is empty too.

So many people appear to try and live their lives for other people's benefit - I truly don't care how far you ran, cycled, walked just enjoy doing it if that's what you want to do.
100% this. Really don't give a toss about other people's lives, where they're going for dinner, what they're watching on TV, who they're shagging etc. The few people I do give a toss about I'll ask directly (although probably not the last one)

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:

Welcome to the new customers of the match day experience.....better off in the pub :D

Different world to the old Northbank Highbury....

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:58 pm
AkneyGooner wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:

Welcome to the new customers of the match day experience.....better off in the pub :D

Different world to the old Northbank Highbury....
God could you imagine the reaction some of these people would have had in the tasty 'atmosphere' there was at times in the NB, they'd be offended by everything :roll: