Anyone bailing out and if so where to?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
robbo10

Re: Anyone bailing out and if so where to?

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:Stopped going a couple seasons ago and swore I'd never give the club another penny until Wenger was gone. But my boy is 12 years old and Arsenal obsessive and seeing us win 3 FA Cups in the last 4 years has been magical for him. And seeing his reaction to that has been magical for me tbh. He is desperate for me to start bringing him to games and I'm gonna have to give in and do that. So hopefully I can gleam some enjoyment from his passion for the club. I just wish I'd had him years earlier and could have brought him to Highbury.
I've got the same issue with my girls,took them both to Highbury as much as I could,and over the bowl,then I imposed an Emirates exile on myself,but even though the girls are now past teenage years they still want to go (even though they both have the "Wenger Out" stickers on their cars) because like all of us we still (kinda) love the club,maybe not for what it is now but for certain what it has been to us in the past,and to be perfectly honest as much as I hate Arsene PLC at the minute I personally would be devastated if my girls ever gave up on the club,I worked fucking hard as a young parent to get them to games and to love Arsenal as much as I do/did,and them walking away would make me more than a bit sad.Seeing them cheering us scoring at Highbury under the lights on a cold january night is up there for me with the best things ever,and why should Wankbollocks ruin that.

I get offered a Charlton season ticket every so often,its not far from me,but I have to put up with my mates over there telling me I should be careful what I wish for after Curbishley at Charlton was hounded out.......

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Stopped going a couple seasons ago and swore I'd never give the club another penny until Wenger was gone. But my boy is 12 years old and Arsenal obsessive and seeing us win 3 FA Cups in the last 4 years has been magical for him. And seeing his reaction to that has been magical for me tbh. He is desperate for me to start bringing him to games and I'm gonna have to give in and do that. So hopefully I can gleam some enjoyment from his passion for the club. I just wish I'd had him years earlier and could have brought him to Highbury.

If you hadn't spent your time going through so many of englands cheapest sluts, you might have done so :oops: :oops: :wink:
:lol: :lol:

True, true... so much sperm wasted on so many dirty slags... and a couple of nice ones... but they were Scottish... :D :wink:
Technically if it was over their faces/tits or they swallowed it wasnt wasted....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

robbo10 wrote:
I've got the same issue with my girls,took them both to Highbury as much as I could,and over the bowl,then I imposed an Emirates exile on myself,but even though the girls are now past teenage years they still want to go (even though they both have the "Wenger Out" stickers on their cars) because like all of us we still (kinda) love the club,maybe not for what it is now but for certain what it has been to us in the past,and to be perfectly honest as much as I hate Arsene PLC at the minute I personally would be devastated if my girls ever gave up on the club,I worked fucking hard as a young parent to get them to games and to love Arsenal as much as I do/did,and them walking away would make me more than a bit sad.Seeing them cheering us scoring at Highbury under the lights on a cold january night is up there for me with the best things ever,and why should Wankbollocks ruin that.

I get offered a Charlton season ticket every so often,its not far from me,but I have to put up with my mates over there telling me I should be careful what I wish for after Curbishley at Charlton was hounded out.......
Great post, mate. Exactly how I feel about my son. Would be devestated if he gave them up. Even my wife and daughter, who both have zero interest in football, love The Arsenal and will keep up to date on the club and results etc.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

robbo10 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

If you hadn't spent your time going through so many of englands cheapest sluts, you might have done so :oops: :oops: :wink:

True, true... so much sperm wasted on so many dirty slags... and a couple of nice ones... but they were Scottish... :D :wink:
Technically if it was over their faces/tits or they swallowed it wasnt wasted....
Very good point. :rubchin: I can confirm it wasn't all wasted, using that criteria... :lol: :wink:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
robbo10 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

Very good point. :rubchin: I can confirm it wasn't all wasted, using that criteria... :lol: :wink:
:coffeespit: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
robbo10 wrote:

Great post, mate. Exactly how I feel about my son. Would be devestated if he gave them up. Even my wife and daughter, who both have zero interest in football, love The Arsenal and will keep up to date on the club and results etc.
Arsenal are in his heart now,it may wain a little but they'll always be there,and Wenger won't,it'll come back over time,unless Wenger has a son doing his coaching badges we don't know about!!!

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
northbank123 wrote:I'm moving up to Newcastle and I'll be fucked if I'm going to become a Barcode.

Haven't truly enjoyed football since we beat Hull in 2014 which was a huge outpouring of relief and passion. Wales last summer was a wonderful respite but the idea of another 2 years of Wenger makes me sick.

I used to go every home game from Cardiff and a fair few aways. Did Swansea home and Southampton away in the cup this year. Certainly won't be doing any home games at that fucking abomination and will probably do Newcastle away as an excuse to see my old man, that's it.
I can actually picture you as a fat, bald, Geordie, shirt off, quaffing pies... :lol:
Would just be weird to see somebody stood at a winter night game in -5 degree temperature with NUFC tattooed across his chest if he wasn't fat and bald.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Brighton...daughter and son in law there...nice interesting place...down by the seaside....

Will still.be going to the Emirates to protest. Happy Arsene??

Sean

Post by Sean »

Unfortunately for me, the Arsenal is my local club, so there's nowhere else more convenient to get to :banghead: Not that I'd go to Cashburton, even if I could afford the piss-take prices.

I'd go to Leyton Orient, but they were charging £20 a ticket, the season just gone. I wouldn't mind going to watch our reserves with my Seagull supporting mate if he was interested, or to a Football League Trophy tie, which we did in December. I don't know of many local teams that are old school pay on the gate and cheap to watch. Leyton FC went bust. Haringey Borough? The two Enfield clubs?

I'm not sure if I should bother watching us next season. I had threatened to just watch the highlights over a year ago and never did it, although I did miss a few games to spend time with a family friend. We've seen the same half-dozen performances over the past 11 years+ and will continue to do so under this fraud 'manager'; what is the point? :(

rangers71

Post by rangers71 »

I am going to be pulling for Brighton next year to stay up. Fuck these Wankers.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I'll be spending Saturdays going to watch horse racing or if any of my Millwall/Palace/Charlton supporting pals are going on a piss up I'll probably go along and watch some of their games.

I'll take a couple of League Cup and Europa League freebies to keep my eldest lad's toe in the water and I've given him first dibs on one of the silvers that someone else has taken over from me, but I certainly won't be contributing a single penny towards Kroenke Inc.

Utterly disgusted with yesterday's decision. A club paralysed by fear of change and not interested in its core fan base. Hope all the day trippers are still flocking to the bowl when we're consistently mid table

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

SteveO 35 wrote:I'll be spending Saturdays going to watch horse racing or if any of my Millwall/Palace/Charlton supporting pals are going on a piss up I'll probably go along and watch some of their games.

I'll take a couple of League Cup and Europa League freebies to keep my eldest lad's toe in the water and I've given him first dibs on one of the silvers that someone else has taken over from me, but I certainly won't be contributing a single penny towards Kroenke Inc.

Utterly disgusted with yesterday's decision. A club paralysed by fear of change and not interested in its core fan base. Hope all the day trippers are still flocking to the bowl when we're consistently mid table
It's near impossible for us to finish mid-table because of the money we have. Look at the clubs below us - Everton, West Brom, Southampton - they're spending a quarter to a third on wages for hat we are, and same again on net transfers.

We have spent the last decade consistently losing our best players and have made very few decent signings in that time. We've not defended properly for as long as I can remember, have been playing garbage football for years and are utterly spineless.

If this was the 80s or 90s we'd have long since dropped into mid-table (at best). The irony is that it is modern football - the game which Wenger can't cope with but which completely benefits clubs like us with TV money, commercial revenue and UEFA coefficients - which has saved us from going into freefall.

Clash

Post by Clash »

northbank123 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:I'll be spending Saturdays going to watch horse racing or if any of my Millwall/Palace/Charlton supporting pals are going on a piss up I'll probably go along and watch some of their games.

It's near impossible for us to finish mid-table because of the money we have. Look at the clubs below us - Everton, West Brom, Southampton - they're spending a quarter to a third on wages for hat we are, and same again on net transfers.

We have spent the last decade consistently losing our best players and have made very few decent signings in that time. We've not defended properly for as long as I can remember, have been playing garbage football for years and are utterly spineless.

If this was the 80s or 90s we'd have long since dropped into mid-table (at best). The irony is that it is modern football - the game which Wenger can't cope with but which completely benefits clubs like us with TV money, commercial revenue and UEFA coefficients - which has saved us from going into freefall.

Good post mate.

Agree with you about us not finishing mid-table. It always surprises me when people predict that because thats not what Wenger does here and the standard of 3/4 of the PL is too shite for that to happen. Wenger has created a style of football that is so mind-numbingly robotic, repetitive and passionless that it wears most average teams down ... meaning they'll always be enough teams for us to pick up 4 to 6 points against every season to get the 68-76 points mark that we need to finish top 6.

We'll never get enough points to win the title and never get few enough to drop down. I would welcome mid-table or even a relegation fight just to break the tedium. But nothing that interesting ever happens. Its the predictability of it all that kills it.

I have a few mates who support Millwall. One of them welcomes the relegation and promotion cycle they go through. He says he can think of nothing worse than watching the same season in the same division every year.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Clash wrote:
northbank123 wrote:

Good post mate.

Agree with you about us not finishing mid-table. It always surprises me when people predict that because thats not what Wenger does here and the standard of 3/4 of the PL is too shite for that to happen. Wenger has created a style of football that is so mind-numbingly robotic, repetitive and passionless that it wears most average teams down ... meaning they'll always be enough teams for us to pick up 4 to 6 points against every season to get the 68-76 points mark that we need to finish top 6.

We'll never get enough points to win the title and never get few enough to drop down. I would welcome mid-table or even a relegation fight just to break the tedium. But nothing that interesting ever happens. Its the predictability of it all that kills it.

I have a few mates who support Millwall. One of them welcomes the relegation and promotion cycle they go through. He says he can think of nothing worse than watching the same season in the same division every year.
Things are changing - if Alexis and Ozil leave then that will be the last of the big name signings you see under this manager and owner because unlike Man U and Chelsea (who everyone fucking quotes as attracting top players whilst out of the CL) there is no belief that this is just a blip. Those clubs respond to failure by sacking underperforming managers and throwing money after the best that can be bought - we won't do either. I would have said 15 years ago it was unthinkable for us to finish outside the top 2, but now its a rarity that we do finish there. Others have caught up and it won't be long with the redistribution of wealth and no CL income (and progressive managers) that the likes of Everton and Southampton could catch us. By mid table I really mean anywhere from 7th downwards and I honestly think now the "top 4" record has gone (just like the "top 2" one went), 5th-7th is the new normal. There won't be any more Be All and End All during this 2 year contract and we will slink down to the next level which is lauding Europa League qualification as some measure of success.

Wenger has gone backwards over the past decade - alarmingly so. Other clubs - the Mickeys, the Scum - have overtaken us, and others are catching up too. Don't rule out the continuation of that trend

Clash

Post by Clash »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Clash wrote:
northbank123 wrote:

Good post mate.

Things are changing - if Alexis and Ozil leave then that will be the last of the big name signings you see under this manager and owner because unlike Man U and Chelsea (who everyone fucking quotes as attracting top players whilst out of the CL) there is no belief that this is just a blip. Those clubs respond to failure by sacking underperforming managers and throwing money after the best that can be bought - we won't do either. I would have said 15 years ago it was unthinkable for us to finish outside the top 2, but now its a rarity that we do finish there. Others have caught up and it won't be long with the redistribution of wealth and no CL income (and progressive managers) that the likes of Everton and Southampton could catch us. By mid table I really mean anywhere from 7th downwards and I honestly think now the "top 4" record has gone (just like the "top 2" one went), 5th-7th is the new normal. There won't be any more Be All and End All during this 2 year contract and we will slink down to the next level which is lauding Europa League qualification as some measure of success.

Wenger has gone backwards over the past decade - alarmingly so. Other clubs - the Mickeys, the Scum - have overtaken us, and others are catching up too. Don't rule out the continuation of that trend
All fair points mate, especially the point about dropping out of the top 2. That was definitely the thing we never looked like letting go of at one time.

I do think 7th is the absolute lowest we could manage under Wenger - at least in the next 2 years. Man United certainly and maybe Everton overtaking us is a possibility. I cant really see anyone else though, even if we do lose Sanchez and Ozil. Its purely based on how shit most of league is.