Anyone bailing out and if so where to?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bob Bayliss

Re: Anyone bailing out and if so where to?

Post by Bob Bayliss »

Leyton Orient have been my 'second team' for 50 years. I regret not going in the past two seasons, when they have been all but destroyed by an owner who does not care about them.

I may focus my time and energy in cheering them back up into the football league.

augie

Post by augie »

I've been a Gooner so long that I cant remember if it's because of Arsenal that I fell in love with footie, or if it is the other way around :(

In some ways you guys are lucky - I know that we are all feeling the same pain so I'm not suggesting otherwise, but you have some other options now that will never fill the AFC void, but will at least fill the footie void. Not alone am I not living in footieland England, but I am actually living in rural Ireland and am a major distance from even semi-pro football, so my options are almost non existant :(

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

augie wrote:I've been a Gooner so long that I cant remember if it's because of Arsenal that I fell in love with footie, or if it is the other way around :(

In some ways you guys are lucky - I know that we are all feeling the same pain so I'm not suggesting otherwise, but you have some other options now that will never fill the AFC void, but will at least fill the footie void. Not alone am I not living in footieland England, but I am actually living in rural Ireland and am a major distance from even semi-pro football, so my options are almost non existant :(
To be honest wherever I was living I couldn't really ever get behind another side in the same way.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Homebase or Tesco with the odd walk at National Trust park seeing as I signed up for membership yesterday.

Thanks a fucking bunch Arsenal :banghead: :banghead:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

There's no way I could ever support another side. I've been Arsenal all my life and that will never change.

Anyway, the way I see it, I've got more than enough memories to look back on to keep my connection with Arsenal until my last breath.... Wrighty's first season, the domestic cup double in 93, beating Parma in 94, Grahams bung, the gut wrenching Nayim goal in 95, signing Bergkamp, Wenger who?, the 97/98 double, Bergkamp's missed penalty and Giggs' goal in 99, Owen and that *word censored* Henchoz at Wembley, the invincibles, another double, saying goodbye to Highbury, a champions league final, etc.

Going to pretty much every home game with my dad in the 1997/98 season being a particular highlight. The moment he handed me a pair of cup final tickets was magic 8) - we still talk about that season now!

Yes, Arsenal (and football) have changed and not necessarily for the better but I'll ride it out as there's little choice as far as I'm concerned. Stuff your second club up your arse :wink:

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Crawley town local club, Brighton down the road. But i couldnt follow other clubs. even if i completely stop going to the Arsenal. Keep an eye on my home town results (Walsall,....well someone had to be born there) Been following this club 47 years, too long to turn away. Its in my veins

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Shamrock Rovers stadium is five minutes from my house, go along occasionally but have no passion for them..
Will always be Arsenal not Arsene. He will drag the club further down the table..Sobering thought for me today is if I do carry out my plan never to go to Arsenal's games when he is in charge I will be a minimum 56 years old before I can watch them again in the flesh.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Ive sold my season tickets for next year. I only went abt 8 times this last season and passed on the final .
Will go now and then but mainly will just spend weekends with my kid whose far more entertaini g and always gives 100 pct.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

I take much more time supporting one of my local clubs, Fortuna Koln, these days than considering making the effort to go to any Arsenal games.

Still, they finished 2 points above the drop (into non-league) and lost a second cup final in a row. Arsene knows :barscarf: :roll: :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Stopped going a couple seasons ago and swore I'd never give the club another penny until Wenger was gone. But my boy is 12 years old and Arsenal obsessive and seeing us win 3 FA Cups in the last 4 years has been magical for him. And seeing his reaction to that has been magical for me tbh. He is desperate for me to start bringing him to games and I'm gonna have to give in and do that. So hopefully I can gleam some enjoyment from his passion for the club. I just wish I'd had him years earlier and could have brought him to Highbury.

bobbybigb

Post by bobbybigb »

The Arsenal in my blood for over 50 years but its now all over. Cannot even consider giving my support to any other club irrespective of the division or league they play in however attended a few MK Dons games last season, close to home, inexpensive and pleasant. Arsenal PLC neither want or need my support......a sad time for me.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:I'm moving up to Newcastle and I'll be fucked if I'm going to become a Barcode.

Haven't truly enjoyed football since we beat Hull in 2014 which was a huge outpouring of relief and passion. Wales last summer was a wonderful respite but the idea of another 2 years of Wenger makes me sick.

I used to go every home game from Cardiff and a fair few aways. Did Swansea home and Southampton away in the cup this year. Certainly won't be doing any home games at that fucking abomination and will probably do Newcastle away as an excuse to see my old man, that's it.
I can actually picture you as a fat, bald, Geordie, shirt off, quaffing pies... :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:Stopped going a couple seasons ago and swore I'd never give the club another penny until Wenger was gone. But my boy is 12 years old and Arsenal obsessive and seeing us win 3 FA Cups in the last 4 years has been magical for him. And seeing his reaction to that has been magical for me tbh. He is desperate for me to start bringing him to games and I'm gonna have to give in and do that. So hopefully I can gleam some enjoyment from his passion for the club. I just wish I'd had him years earlier and could have brought him to Highbury.

If you hadn't spent your time going through so many of englands cheapest sluts, you might have done so :oops: :oops: :wink:

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

I will probably take a break from football altogether and fill that time with other pursuits. I can't be bothered to follow a team that seems to have forgotten what competition means. I was never a 'lifer' like some on here, so I do feel bad for those people because when you have a life built around going to see football with your mates, I would imagine that it will leave a rather large hole.

I will probably read some match reports and laugh at the dwindling attendances as well as when Sanchez, Ozil and the Ox are inevitably sold to Premiership clubs. Sadly, this is what Wenger and the Arsenal Board have reduced me to - laughing at the incompetence and still fans lick his sack.

Wenger will be taking Arsenal to the next level and this time it will be battling it out for top 6. Fucking pathetic to have given him another contract. It makes no business or sporting sense to do so.

What is also funny is that I think that Wenger's wife left him because he wouldn't retire like he promised. The relationship with the fans and Wenger looks to be also heading this route. Between the apathetic fans who won't go to games and those who do getting fed up and giving him sh*te, it will be a horrific two years, if he even makes it that far.

While I don't expect that we will plummet to the depths of mid-table mediocrity, we certainly will flirt with the notion, especially when the new system has vital players that go out injured. For example, Ramsey, who looks to be a new player in the system gets injured. But once Ozil and Sanchez leave, I don't expect that the new system will matter much anyway.

Anyway, I wasn't a frequent poster on here, but will hang it up for now. When Arsenal decide to become a competitive team again, I'll be back.

All the best lads!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Stopped going a couple seasons ago and swore I'd never give the club another penny until Wenger was gone. But my boy is 12 years old and Arsenal obsessive and seeing us win 3 FA Cups in the last 4 years has been magical for him. And seeing his reaction to that has been magical for me tbh. He is desperate for me to start bringing him to games and I'm gonna have to give in and do that. So hopefully I can gleam some enjoyment from his passion for the club. I just wish I'd had him years earlier and could have brought him to Highbury.

If you hadn't spent your time going through so many of englands cheapest sluts, you might have done so :oops: :oops: :wink:
:lol: :lol:

True, true... so much sperm wasted on so many dirty slags... and a couple of nice ones... but they were Scottish... :D :wink: