Anyone bailing out and if so where to?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: Anyone bailing out and if so where to?

Post by Gunner Rob »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:15 pm
After a weekend of pissing it up watching horse racing on Saturday, and cricket on the Sunday I could get used to this life. Sadly the cricket bit is a bit more challenging post September and pre-April, so will need to find a substitute for that but the gee gees has got me more excited than any of the shite served up by TO1AW and the limpdicks in many a moon
you are right.
horse racing is much more exciting than the Arsenal these days.
I really enjoyed the Ascot meeting last week - genuine passion which you don't see at the Emirates.

im going to watch more and more, combined with watching my local non league club more.
Arsenal FC will just be something to watch in the pub and have a laugh at.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Horse Racing Should Be Banned. :barscarf: <tin hat firmly in place> :mrgreen:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:16 pm
Horse Racing Should Be Banned. :barscarf: <tin hat firmly in place> :mrgreen:
Fair enough.
Why ?

Racehorses are very well looked after.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Another fantastic weekend of sport - Lions test was a decent start, watching the cricket final at Lords then shortly off to Newmarket for another fine day's racing

Its football that should be banned! How long is it until our fuck ups get another 9 months of misery underway?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:54 am
Another fantastic weekend of sport - Lions test was a decent start, watching the cricket final at Lords then shortly off to Newmarket for another fine day's racing

Its football that should be banned! How long is it until our fuck ups get another 9 months of misery underway?
SteveO - had no idea you were a closet job... :o

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:14 am
SteveO 35 wrote:

When I hear people( in Oireland) saying "we" when talking about the Lions I love pointing out Oireland is represented on the Lions kit with the green turn down on the socks. Four nations play one nation and it becomes a wankathon on Sky...

dano

Post by dano »

So I am on a short term assignment in Toulouse France. Mid table team with rumours today that the team will sign an ex gunner named Sanogo. Damn

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:51 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

When I hear people( in Oireland) saying "we" when talking about the Lions I love pointing out Oireland is represented on the Lions kit with the green turn down on the socks. Four nations play one nation and it becomes a wankathon on Sky...
The concept is very rugger though.... 3 or 4 closet jobs piling up on top of one closet job for a bit of anal gang banging. :lol: :roll:

Herd

Post by Herd »

The concept is very rugger though.... 3 or 4 closet jobs piling up on top of one closet job for a bit of anal gang banging. :lol: :roll:
I think DB 10 was sexually abused by a rugby player when he was younger !

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:51 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:51 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

I thought a Wide Receiver was an American Football position...obviously adopted in the changing rooms of the rugger set..
Last edited by Bradywasking on Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:05 am
Nope. But my brother and I punched the living fucking shit out of a few of them that thought it would be funny to throw our younger brother (who has learning dificulties) into a shower full of naked rugby heads. :x :evil:

A gang of supposed "men" pushing a 12 year old with learning dificulties around a shower full of naked fuckheads. That says it all about rugby to me. They were lucky no one got killed that day tbh. :|

Herd

Post by Herd »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:24 am
Herd wrote:
Nope. But my brother and I punched the living fucking shit out of a few of them that thought it would be funny to throw our younger brother (who has learning dificulties) into a shower full of naked rugby heads. :x :evil:

A gang of supposed "men" pushing a 12 year old with learning dificulties around a shower full of naked fuckheads. That says it all about rugby to me. They were lucky no one got killed that day tbh. :|
fair fucks db I really do hate the eton rifle types . TBH I gave up rugby at 19 because I couldn't stand the people ,I got myself out of Public School at 14 and went to a grammar because I hated the whole "culture" and it certainly DID manifest itself in Rugby clubs at the time too ! The after match drinking sessions were at best childish at it's worse showed a total lack of respect for human beings .
I love a good sesh but i dont find the need to grope passers by or urinate in someones front garden .

CharlieGeorge1971

Post by CharlieGeorge1971 »

NickF wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:23 pm
CharlieGeorge1971 wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:05 pm
Arsenal fan (hate the word 'gooner') since 1970. Despite having dropped my season ticket a few years ago and been told each summer since then that I would go to the bottom of the queue, they've offered me one every year. Just had the latest email this week. I had to wait 4 or 5 years originally - the waiting list was real in those days, but I suspect it is illusory now.
How does that happen if you're no longer a member???? :?
I assume the £15 you pay initially to go on the waiting list keeps you in the running? Haven't renewed my red membership since I originally got the season ticket. I guess they are more desperate than they let on to keep people eligible for season tickets.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Herd wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:59 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:24 am
Herd wrote:

fair fucks db I really do hate the eton rifle types . TBH I gave up rugby at 19 because I couldn't stand the people ,I got myself out of Public School at 14 and went to a grammar because I hated the whole "culture" and it certainly DID manifest itself in Rugby clubs at the time too ! The after match drinking sessions were at best childish at it's worse showed a total lack of respect for human beings .
I love a good sesh but i dont find the need to grope passers by or urinate in someones front garden .
My youngest girl works in a bar at a fairly famous South East London rugby club when not at uni,the things she tells me about how these blokes treat her and talk to her after training,and how they behave after home games is frankly fucking ridiculous,and how it seems to be accepted and acceptable by the club,it seems the on field ethics of the players are left in the changing rooms when they return to the clubhouse

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Public school , shit don't stink types pervade cricket clubs too, 30 somethings acting like 12 year olds.