Anyone bailing out and if so where to?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rich31

Anyone bailing out and if so where to?

Post by rich31 »

Well now the inevitable appears to have happened have any of us got a lower league/non league team they are considering putting their time and money into? Ive been to Ipswich a few times recently and quite like it and i ve got Braintree Town nearby so what with those and my boys matches to watch i am gonna fuck Arsene PLC off next season i think.Although one of the Ipswich lads tells me ill be going out of the frying pan and into the fire lol

storrmin571

Re: Anyone bailing out and if so where to?

Post by storrmin571 »

Cardiff City probably

General

Post by General »

I haven't been going since 2008 and only started going again this year because of the protests so it's back to old habits for me. Don't have a season ticket and never wanted one but I'll maintain my other memberships as they cost next to nothing in relative terms.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Stopped going to the Emirates in 2015, no plans to return unless the club is sold, I don't really have any local team to follow and am a bit bored by football in general these days, so I think I'll just engage in a different hobby instead, unlike Wenger I do have other things in my life than football :roll: but I'll always be a gooner, I just can't be bothered to watch us become a midtable 'cup team', in effect that is where we are now anyway.

charliegeorgewhocanhitem

Post by charliegeorgewhocanhitem »

Possibly go and see the odd game at Billericay Town or a few at my local league club, Southend Utd who I used to go and watch when I was a kid on days I wasn't going to The Arsenal. Sad that it's come to this but I think it's time to let go, at least for a couple of seasons. I'm just so gutted at todays news :banghead:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I can't see myself going much at all. I'm all but done with it. There must be other clubs in other leagues who need punters through the gates. If this is Arsenal FC today, it doesn't represent anything I actually like.

rich31

Post by rich31 »

charliegeorgewhocanhitem wrote:Possibly go and see the odd game at Billericay Town or a few at my local league club, Southend Utd who I used to go and watch when I was a kid on days I wasn't going to The Arsenal. Sad that it's come to this but I think it's time to let go, at least for a couple of seasons. I'm just so gutted at todays news :banghead:
Yeah thats how i feel mate...i just need a bloody break from it for a season or 2 at least and to enjoy my football again

rich31

Post by rich31 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:I can't see myself going much at all. I'm all but done with it. There must be other clubs in other leagues who need punters through the gates. If this is Arsenal FC today, it doesn't represent anything I actually like.
I can see when i go to Ipswich they are in need of more punters and i never feel ripped off either.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Took out a season ticket at my local non league club last month as I could see where this was all heading.

I'm going to try and go to the Emirates once a season (for a £10 league cup game) just to remind myself that I am not missing anything.

Anyone who continues to pay the sort of prices that Arsenal charge might as well have MUG tattooed onto their forehead.

rich31

Post by rich31 »

sk-gtfo wrote:Stopped going to the Emirates in 2015, no plans to return unless the club is sold, I don't really have any local team to follow and am a bit bored by football in general these days, so I think I'll just engage in a different hobby instead, unlike Wenger I do have other things in my life than football :roll: but I'll always be a gooner, I just can't be bothered to watch us become a midtable 'cup team', in effect that is where we are now anyway.
I know where you are coming from mate in relation to your boredom with it ..wenger has had that effect on alot of us lol .I do still enjoy my live football though just not the way arsenal do it anymore. ... i think we will all always be gooners but i need a break from the lies crap and groundhog days thst is modern day arsenal

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Gunner Rob wrote: Anyone who continues to pay the sort of prices that Arsenal charge might as well have MUG tattooed onto their forehead.
Exactly - in fairness to Wenger he is the master (of getting around 70 points), that is simply never going to be enough to win the PL, Spurs got 86 points this season ffs, more than we have since 2004, his consistency is remarkable, the problem is it is consistent mediocrity (high end but still).

We know next season we'll probably get around the 70 point mark again, this may or may not be enough to get us in the CL again, though who gives a toss because we just get humiliated when we're in it anyway!!, when you think about it there is really no point, entertaining value aside (lol) to watching any PL/CL Arsenal game!, in fact you might as well only go to domestic cup games because clearly that is all we are capable of winning.

Why waste your money watching PL/CL games?!, totally pointless when you think about it. I'm sure you can find the entertainment value at lower league clubs and it will cost you one fifth, at most, of what you pay at the Emirates, plus there will be an actual atmosphere rather than a 'smog' of ambivalence and frustration..

NickF

Post by NickF »

I'm from Southend and have some mates who go to see Southend United regularly so I will go there instead.

Seems like a lot of long term supporters like myself are leaving this year... :(

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I'm moving up to Newcastle and I'll be fucked if I'm going to become a Barcode.

Haven't truly enjoyed football since we beat Hull in 2014 which was a huge outpouring of relief and passion. Wales last summer was a wonderful respite but the idea of another 2 years of Wenger makes me sick.

I used to go every home game from Cardiff and a fair few aways. Did Swansea home and Southampton away in the cup this year. Certainly won't be doing any home games at that fucking abomination and will probably do Newcastle away as an excuse to see my old man, that's it.

Clash

Post by Clash »

I wish Wenger was made to read this.

Have been to Bromley a few times and will continue to go there. Bit of a throw back in that its Saturday 3pm and you pay at the turnstile meaning you can decide to go late morning. Plus there is terracing of course and you're able to drink and watch the game (although you cant take the drink beyond a certain point).

The downside is that its actually a bit shit 8) :? ... but at least football at that level has an honesty and rawness about it. Most of the crowd seem to support one of the London teams so there are regular score updates. Not that Arsenal will be playing many Saturday 3pm games this season. And not that I give a fuck even if they are!

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Braintree Town for me and maybe a Notts Forest game a couple of times a season.
I can't be arsed to waste my breath on pointless protests. It's better just to focus my efforts elsewhere.