Anyone bailing out and if so where to?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
shu

Re: Anyone bailing out and if so where to?

Post by shu »

I used my silver Reg once last year and it has been renewed for next year but I have no intention of going and my son hates wenger . I keep it as he will be gone one day .

hertsgunner

Post by hertsgunner »

47 years of supporting Arsenal, no I will never bail out no matter how good or bad they are, it's in my blood just can't do it.I am going to be a grandad soon so instead of bailing out that grandchild will be joining our band of Gooners , the other grandads a scouser so theres not a chance on earth that my grandchild is going to support the victims !.

mariad

Post by mariad »

I have used all my leaves, will have to wait another 6 months now.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

mariad wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:55 pm
I have used all my leaves, will have to wait another 6 months now.
What kind of tree are you that sheds their leaves in summer and gets them back in winter ?

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

Never i could go and watch my local team
P,boro but we have a twat pulling all the strings there bit like wenger but far worse
You may all know him its the famous comedian Barry Fry ....... :D

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Brightonnxtround wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:31 am
P,boro but we have a twat pulling all the strings there bit like wenger but far worse
And their most famous "fan" is that c()nt off Talkshite Adrian Durham,a bloke who's mum must have had the whole Arsenal squad line up on her and made him watch for him to hate Arsenal so much

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Brightonnxtround wrote:
Having spent 3 days in Peterborough my view is that it is the worst place on the planet. Sorry.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:26 pm
Brightonnxtround wrote:
Having spent 3 days in Peterborough my view is that it is the worst place on the planet. Sorry.
And he comes from Wales mate... :barscarf: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

REB wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:40 pm
im arsenal and have been 44 years. not going to change , i just cant ,no matter who is in charge where they play or what result the game is . i might not be happy but its still my club and will always be.

That's a given. However till the despotCUNT is gone I will not invest any money as I have done these past 47yrs.

I (As I am certain will many others am totally fed up with the slow painful destruction and deterioration of our once great 'Foot-ball Club' - and till he is gone and there is the chance of the Groundhog cycle being broken and change of some kind happening, I shall go and watch the team most local to where I live. That Does NOT mean I have given up on Arsenal FC, but I refuse to be part of the ongoing circus that now exists purely to make Profit; even at the price(sic) of Trophies and success on the pitch.

He WILL leave one day - maybe long after some of us are 'pushing up the daisies', but he WILL one day be no more. :barscarf:

It IS Arsenal FC NOT arsene plc

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

arseofacrow wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:34 am
northbank123 wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:26 pm
Brightonnxtround wrote:
And he comes from Wales mate... :barscarf: :wink:
BREXIT! BREXIT! BREXIT!

:lol: :wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Most of my lot have decided we will get together 4 / 5 times a year for a piss up and completely ignore football all together unitl TOF has gone .
There are many of us though that feel we may not OUTLIVE his reign !

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

After a weekend of pissing it up watching horse racing on Saturday, and cricket on the Sunday I could get used to this life. Sadly the cricket bit is a bit more challenging post September and pre-April, so will need to find a substitute for that but the gee gees has got me more excited than any of the shite served up by TO1AW and the limpdicks in many a moon

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

robbo10 wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:29 pm
Brightonnxtround wrote:
And their most famous "fan" is that c()nt off Talkshite Adrian Durham,a bloke who's mum must have had the whole Arsenal squad line up on her and made him watch for him to hate Arsenal so much
His wife / partner is a gooner along with his son - so that accounts for his anti arsenal diatribe (however he has been critical of Wenger for years saying he got an easy ride, no pressure,, should have been given the boot )

CharlieGeorge1971

Post by CharlieGeorge1971 »

Arsenal fan (hate the word 'gooner') since 1970. Despite having dropped my season ticket a few years ago and been told each summer since then that I would go to the bottom of the queue, they've offered me one every year. Just had the latest email this week. I had to wait 4 or 5 years originally - the waiting list was real in those days, but I suspect it is illusory now.

No way in hell I'm going to renew under the current regime and culture.

Went to Crewe Alexandra games for a few seasons. Quite liked the authenticity of that - and especially games at the proper time of 3pm Saturday. But tbh the club's handling of the child abuse scandal has alienated me off big time. In Dario Gradi they have their own version of Wenger - a legend long-past his sell-by-date who has nowhere else to go and is clinging on unchallenged, poisoning the culture.

I'm actively considering following my local team Northwich Victoria this coming season. They have just been rescued from administration thanks to a campaign by the supporters' association. That kind of grassroots spirit and culture seems a million miles away (and I mean that in a good way) from Arsenal plc and its target tourist 'audience'.

So, looks like its 3pm on Saturdays in the North West Counties Premier Division for me this season, and Arsenal games on overpriced Sky TV.

NickF

Post by NickF »

CharlieGeorge1971 wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:05 pm
Arsenal fan (hate the word 'gooner') since 1970. Despite having dropped my season ticket a few years ago and been told each summer since then that I would go to the bottom of the queue, they've offered me one every year. Just had the latest email this week. I had to wait 4 or 5 years originally - the waiting list was real in those days, but I suspect it is illusory now.
How does that happen if you're no longer a member???? :?