Opening fixtures

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: Opening fixtures

Post by Herd »

Flip Flop ,Flip Flop ,we are the Highbury Clock !

RobG

Post by RobG »

Should start with a win....maybe... :rubchin:

After that it looks more than a little tricky. Stoke for starters will be determined to erase last seasons horror show from the mind. And Liverpool looks an all too likely defeat.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

RobG wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:15 pm
Should start with a win....maybe... :rubchin:

After that it looks more than a little tricky. Stoke for starters will be determined to erase last seasons horror show from the mind. And Liverpool looks an all too likely defeat.
Not too sure the mousers will have it so easy this season. They have a CL 2nd leg qualifier a couple of days before they play us. They could end up at any of the following places;

Hoffenheim
CSKA Moscow
Sporting
Nice
Young Boys
Viktoria Plzen
Steaua Bucharest
Club Brugge
Istanbul BB
PAOK, AEK Athens or Panathinaikos

The mousers are obsessed with being in the CL proper and will put everything into those two qualifying games. We might nick a result there. Or we might get tonked 0-5. :lol:

cardinal2011

Post by cardinal2011 »

Anyone know when the games selected for TV are announced? Unfortunately my sister has a tradition of hosting a massive bbq for her birthday which always falls on the opening day. I was therefore hoping that we would be playing away on the 12th August. I cannot see Sky wanting to show our game against Leicester on TV and moving it to the Sunday but I am hoping anyway

RobG

Post by RobG »

:lol: I know what you mean.

I think everything hinges on Sanchez. If he goes, he leaves behind a pair of boots that got forty goals and assists last season. Forty :shock:

There is no way we are going to get two players in to fill that gap, let alone one.

Moreover if he goes it hangs a sign up above the Emirates saying in effect - Don't bother coming here. Because no quality player will, once they know the one real talent we have has bailed out.

And Wengo can bullshit it any way he wants. No one, other than his cult loonies will swallow it.

Fifth is the new fourth. Well minus Sanchez, Sixth or seventh will be the new fifth.

:cussing: :cussing:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

The fixtures after the thursday cup games have been handpicked to maximise brownholing oppertunities..
As Herd alluded to and as many have always suspected,there isn't any computer :oops: they've given us a rough unlubed boaby right up the pipe with these selections :oops:
Chavs Citeh Everton(even though they are playing thurs aswell, its still at goodison) Burnley with their home record and Soton provides a high chance of mullerings..with no Sanchez and a manager with no clue it could all get a bit Lionel(not Ritchie) very quickly.He had a chance to go out on an unexpected high a few weeks ago..he chose to keep the farce going cos he's an anushole :oops: could be 6th or lower this season.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Rodders, just watching Natalie doing the fixtures analysis. She's suddenly got very curvy and isn't wearing a ring. Has she split from Matterface?! You could be in there son!!

Sidney

Post by Sidney »

Last edited by Sidney on Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:yawn:
:goingtobed:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

We definitely won't get brushed aside with a limp-dicked performance at Anfield and Stamford Bridge. And I'm sure that last year cruising past Stoke after one win in seven years there wasn't a one-off because they were on the beach.

Hewitt_ozil

Post by Hewitt_ozil »

My predictionsoul for the opening games are

Leicester Home win 2-1 lucky opening day win , everything is rosy
Stoke away 0-0 boring , dull , frustating game, never feel confident in this game
Liverpool away lose 4-1 Klopps heavy metal rains thunder , won't cope , probably get a man sent and cave in, WENGER OUT
Bournemouth home 1-0 Lucky win again, lucky pen or something
Chelsea lose 0-4 Chelsea take revenge for cup, Wenger blames europa league even though plays second string team

Not predicting the best of starts, can only get better
:banghead: